Maxiell’s Summer School Pays Dividends

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Sep 20, 2006.

1. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Well, first off Maxiell is aggresive offensively AND defensively. Hell, the dude is just aggresive. lol. Have you seen his shotblocking? He's awesome! But you are right, based on his performance he was a bit of a black hole. lol. Funny, I never heard the coach complain about his offensive aggresiveness though. Could it be because that is what was asked of him? Who knows? I will tell you this though, his effort was never challenged. That's a good reputation to have as a player trying to make a name for himself in the league versus a player who needs a loving, cuddly situation to play hard. (Of course you will mention your issue's with Ben's effort, but I am reffering to players trying to get noticed in this example) I will admit that Darko has better passing, rebounding and free throw skills than Maxiell. The rest is up for debate. I will also have to admit that I wanted to see how quickly you would attack Maxiell if I compared him to Darko. Didn't take long. lol. Oh, and I pick heart with upside versus softness and superior talent any day of the week. Tim Thomas still hasn't lived up to expectations.
  2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

:tsk: That's not true at all.
  3. DaviaG-Rap

DaviaG-Rap First Round Draft Pick

According Robin Hood, "one man defending his home is more powerful than 10 hired soldiers."

But according to Eomer in Return of the King in reference to Merry the Hobbit, "I do not doubt his heart, only the reach of his arm."

In other words heart can beat talent, but only if you have the "reach". Maxiell is a hobbit in comparison to Darko, he may have the heart but he doesn't have the skills and physical presence needed to be as good as DMC.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

He may not have the physical presence to play center, but I am sure that he has the physical presence to play forward.

He did so quite successfully in college, the Summer Leagues, and in about 1 month, you'll see him do it in the NBA.
  5. MotownPride

Maybe he can never be as good as Darko COULD be, but he can defintely be better than what Darko will become. Hard work goes along way. See Ben and his 60 million dollar contract for proof. Glen Robinson was thought by many to be a superior talent to Ben Wallace (based on draft positions during their respective years), however Ben has all-star selections, DPOYs and a NBA championship to prove otherwise.
  6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Funny thing is, Jmax may not have the opportunity that Darko has now... I'd love to see them in equal minutes.
    The height would certainly effect things like blocked shots and post scoring... but the desire is what gets you rebounds and put backs...
    can we morph these guys and call it our monster? (Dwight Howard clone)
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Sounds like we need to compare wingspans. I think they are pretty similar.
  8. Hobbs

Hobbs First Round Draft Pick

Darko has 2 inches in wingspan on Max. Wingspan isn't the only thing that matters either. Max will always have problems defensively.

I'd be shocked if Max ever does anything of note in the NBA. He was a reach as a first round pick to begin with and has shown no ability to rebound or be efficient offensively.
  9. roscoe36

Darko's wingspan is 2 inches greater. His standing reach is 4.5" greater.

Maxiell's heart however, may be 3 times larger. No official measurement available. :rofl:
  10. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Yeah, it's actually more like 100% of the time. Can't think of one NBA Champ that didn't have some all word talent on it.

Given this choice, who would you pick:

A sulking 7'0, 270, 21 year old, shot blocking, jump shooting, passing PF that just put on 10 lbs of muscle this summer.

Or a hustling 6'7", 240, 23 year old, black hole, monster dunking pf, that just lost 15 lbs of fat.
  11. linwood

linwood All-Star

I'll take the second guy, because I know the two guys you are talking about.
  12. DaviaG-Rap

I wonder how many GM's would agree with you? Oh wait I know...NONE.
  13. linwood

linwood All-Star

Joe Dumars.
  14. roscoe36

BURNAGE!!!

He got you there Dave!
  15. MotownPride

16. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

burnage??? oh my
  17. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

also of note, according to Battle Beats, is that wood beats water, water beats fire, and fire beats wood.
  18. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

yeah. joe has been smoking some good stuff lately though. he chose nazr over ben. flip over lb. cato and a middle draft pick over arroyo and darko. blaylock over delk. dupree over mo evans. darvin ham over delfino.

i don't know where people are getting the no heart and no hard work stuff about darko. you don't put on 10 - 15 lbs of muscle over the summer to an already muscular body without hard work.
  19. DaviaG-Rap

Not really. First of all Darko requested the trade. Second of all Joe didn't trade Darko for Maxiell. He traded Darko for Kelvin Cato (capspace for Ben) and a 1st round draft choice, which will likely be a lottery pick.
  20. Prophecy Revealed

Prophecy Revealed First Round Draft Pick

Re: Maxiell

BRING ON THE SEASON.