Max and Mr.80

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Oct 26, 2006.

1. linwood

linwood All-Star

If he becomes better at passing and rebounding: Pistons starter.
    If he stays the same: 6th Man of the Year for the Pistons.
  2. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Re: Max as Mr.80

Since you still seem to be confused, let's set the record straight for the "Win Now" club for this season. The "Win Now" club ain't got a problem playing youngsters, provided they have EARNED the PT. You know....play like they want it! If you need examples, take a GOOD LOOK at J-Max, Amir and Blalock. If you can't see a difference in the way they approach whatever PT they get vs. "your guys," then I don't know what else to tell you. Keep watching. Maybe you'll see what we're talking bout after another season or three.

Now that you mention it; Darvin Ham was in fact "injured" when he was left on the playoff roster instead of Delfino. If you were paying attention at that time, you would know that Darko was selected for the playoff roster over Delfino....NOT Ham. I even recall a quote (don't ask me for a link cause I ain't huntin for it) from Darko himself saying he was "surprised" at being left on the roster. So apparently, the guy who coached us to a CHAMPIONSHIP thought a "60% Ham" was better than any other option available to him.

The agony you feel usually happens to folk who fall in love with individual players. Especially mediocre players. If you're gonna fall in love; pick a player who can actually play. Then it won't be so hard on you.
  3. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Re: Max as Mr.80

the win now club still doesn't acknowledge that "my guys" weren't ever given an oppurtunity to "earn" playing time. jmax would come in last year and drop 10 pts in like 2 minutes yet didn't get any more playing time. that is where the difference in approach comes from. this year is the first year where there is truly a possibility that a young guy that plays hard and well will get some minutes (still to be displayed in regular season). why is the win now club so interested in approach and "wanting it"?? all that matters is the results to me. i dont' care if a guy dunks real hard or does a finger roll. it's not about how you get it done it's that you get it done in the end.

if you recall we didn't win the championship that year. so just maybe he should have put a different guy on the roster. maybe he should have put darko in the game during the miami or sa series and we would be champions instead of 2nd place. i don't need no stinking link i believe that darko said it. darko was surprised any time he hit the court under lb. lb had it out for him so why would he think lb would really want him on the roster.

i think some team in the phillipines agreed with lb. they scooped up darvin as soon as he was available. i'm sure they would have picked him over darko/delfino too if given the choice.

the agony will be yours when i won't let you guys on the forum hear the end of it when darko / delfino does well. you guys are so wishy washy. have a stance and stick to it. last year the youngsters didn't deserve to play cause we were trying to win championships. now you guys want the youngsters to play cause it's the in thing to say. it's been the in thing to talk bad about darko/delfino and it will be the in thing to praise them this season.
  4. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

The "in" thing should be to listen and give an objective, unbiased view on things. It should also be showing care not to present an arguement that constantly contradicts itself like preaching results over potential. Are you serious?

So back to J-Max.....

Who's willing to go on a limb and say that J-Max hijacks Dice's time this year? :)
  5. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

darko's results were very encouraging he was dropping dimes, hitting the J and shutting down the paint. the only time when darko could be said not be getting results is during garbage time when the game was already decided. during last years preseason darko was doing well.

you guys need to be objective and unbiased and admit that barely any young player on the pistons "earned" any minutes. i don't know why yall even repeat the company line. well i do know why you do it, you do it because it's the "in" thing to say.

darko's potential to do better was what should have made the pistons try to carry over the preseason success to the regular season. just like jmax sucks at passing now but he's really good at scoring. he will need to play to improve upon that. i'm saying jmax has the potential to be a great scorer and a passer but without putting him on the court he can't realize that potential. jmax's results with the passing don't indicate that but he can do it.

yeah. mo evan's and delfino's results were basically similar with evans having better stats but delfino's potential blows evans out the water. guess who got shipped out?? don't think potential doesn't matter.

i hope so mcdyess needs to be saved for the playoffs. i hope jmax cuts sheeds, nazr minutes too. it will only happen if given the chance but flip has pressure to win to keep his job. he may choose to only work in one of the young guys.
  6. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

This is debateable and not as cut and dry as you make it. No point of rehasing this. Where I see garbage, you apparently see abstract art.

We don't know if his passing ability is bad, because he doesn't pass. lol. Potential..results..results..potential. I can't keep up with you dude. lol.

It most certainly does. But your point is nullified because Darko was traded too. Both players said they wanted a more integral role and both were shipped out. Based on your logic, Darko's potential wasn't that great compared to the prospect of signing an aging Ben Wallace.

Cutting Nazr's minutes seems a little unrealistic consider Maxiel doesn't play center. No way he cuts into Sheed's minutes either. Sheed stands to benefit the most offensively from Ben's departure. His court leadership, basketball IQ, passing ability and defensive toughness will be needed more than ever. Personally, I think Dyess is one small injury away from being surplanted by the Brahma. Maxiell brings a physical game ulike anyone else we have on the roster. My prediction is that the added minutes taxes Dyess and we see a breakout from our secret weapon. By the halfway mark, folks will be talking about 6th man honors. I really like this kid's ability and attitude. Perhaps we trade Dyess and someone else for a big name?
  7. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

in 3 years, I see Maxiel on another team coming off the bench. I'm thinking Golden State.
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Do the Pistons get Diogu or something?
  9. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I'm thinking he leaves as a FA. I'm thinking he'll show enough to warrant getting overpaid but not enough for the pistons to retain him. Amir, we will shell out the cash for...plus we have those two picks