Master 2010 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Jul 1, 2010.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

And you think Will Bynum is too small to pair up with Ben Gordon. A Collison/Gordon guard combonation would be horrific.
  2. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Assuming Gordon is the better long-term player? I'm not so sure.

Also if Gordon is the 3rd guard (coming off the bench) then you may not be pairing them together for many minutes.

Collison killed it last season when Paul was injured. Maybe I was wrong in assuming everyone knew that...
  3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

He did pretty good and they still sucked, and it was the same team that CP3 lead to the playoffs. So who were you going to trade for DC? DC was/is a good player, a pleasant surprise, but he's not exactly the type of PG we need right now the way our backcourt is constructed. He did for them, what Will Bynum did for us in the 08-09 season. Grass is always greener on the other side.
  4. Brap

Brap Starter

I continue to believe that Stuckey is a much better player than Collison will ever be.

You guys keep arguing that this team needs a pure PG. Some guy who dribbles the ball to death then passes. Joe D keeps saying that that's 20 year old thinking. I don't know. I think that teams who get Steve Nash or Chris Paul will always find room for that type of superb talent. But in the absence of those rare types of players - I'm very happy to run with Stuckey and Bynum, and to have the offense run through multiple positions. We've got Daye, Tay, Monroe and now McGrady to run the offense through, in addition to Stuckey and Bynum - and I'm really happy to have any of those guys with the ball in his hands, making a play for themselves or making the pass to allow super scorers like Gordon or even CV to get off their shot. I also like the possibilities of being a team of guys who are strong passers so we can feature an offense that moves the ball around, to find one of the great shooters that pepper their lineup (and we really should be that type of team with the guys we've assembled). Teams that do that can beat any defensive pressure. Yeah, it takes time to develop, but we've got the time since we really won't be contenders for at least a couple years.
  5. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Brap,

I think that when people say "we need a pure PG" they're referring more to the type of player that directs the team, controls the tempo etc. Someone who can read the game and make adjustments on the fly. Rodney hasn't fully reached that point yet, and it is taking longer than most people expect which makes all of us question whether he'll ever get there.

Stuckey is definitely a better player than the classic dribble-dribble-dribble-pass PG (Carlos Arroyo type players). IMO, that type of play is just as bad as Tay palming the ball for 20 seconds at the 3pt line; and more turnover prone to boot.
  6. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

in short some here expect stuckey to play ala billups but stuckey is not billups. and IMO do not have to be.
  7. Walter

I agree, it's neither realistic nor fair to expect Stuckey to play just like Billups. I expect him to be more like Deron Williams.
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Exat-A-Mondo!!! Fantastic Post! Couldn't have said it better myself!! Where's the badge for, "Super-Genius".......simply amazing!!!!

And just like that, Walt let's me down..........
  9. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

A young Isiah Thomas isn't too much to ask, is it?
  10. Walter

Well, we need a player of that caliber to feed the ball to Nowitzki 2.0, Malone 2.0 etc.
  11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

OH! I forgot.......:pound::pound:

So our lineup is:
    Rodney "Deron Williams" Stuckey at the point
    Austin "Dirk 2.0" Daye playing spots 1-4.
    Dajuan "Malone 2.0" Summers at the 3 and 4 spot
    With Rip, Tay, T-Mac, Ben Gordon, CV and Greg "Chris Webber 2.0" Monroe filling out the roster, and Miami is the favorite in the east?
  12. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Karl "Summers 0.5" Malone was invited to HOF today. He's finally starting to earn his nickname.
  13. coynejeremy

:pound::pound::pound:
  14. coynejeremy

That Larry Bird has got quite a knack for finding the quality athletes.

Police: Lance Stephenson of Indiana Pacers pushed girlfriend down stairs, hit her head on step - ESPN

What a piece of trash.
  15. Brap

Brap Starter

Indiana can sure pick 'em.
  16. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

He has serious problems. There are a lot of other facts to this story as well as other situations that Lance has been involved in. They are all disturbing, but because he can play ball, everything is okay. So many things are just swept under the rug when star athletes are involved. Nothing is done until someone is killed. His contract should be voided until he is able to make serious changes in his life including handling his obvious anger issues.
  17. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

I agree (if he is proven to be guilty of the allegations {which he will be})
  18. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

19. Brap

Brap Starter

MJ might be the worst GM of all-time. Seriously, resigning Kwame Brown? Really? What is MJ thinking? Kwame's by-line this entire season will be "he was the biggest bust of all-time and that was under MJ round 1. He needs the added scruitiny and pressure? Really?

Yeah, that's going to work.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Sorry to see him leave. I always thought that he was serviceable on defense against backup true centers in the regular season when healthy and motivated and surrounded by scorers. With the right footwear, this could be his breakout year.