Man we got to get over this........

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Pistons_1337, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Pistons_1337

Pistons_1337 Second Round Draft Pick

ROFL guys give it up you all just keep talking about what happen yesterday theres no good replacement for Ben Point Blank. If the pistons trade sheed we will be even more mess up then we are now, so stop talking about trading sheed. 2006 FA sucks this year no real big names are FAs other then Ben hes gone now we need to talk about what we do next. Look at the bright side of things now people dont think we can't win the central now the chip is back. I like that fact that people is counting us out now that will add fule to the fire. The pass 2 years the pistons fire faded and faded even more and went out. Think about this to the pistons was not a good rebounding team last year I think they was like 20 something in the league even with Ben. So why did the piston win in 2004 BECUASE WE HAD A GOOD BENCH AND SHEED WAS THE X FACTOR.We could not bet the Nets till we got sheed. Were was our bench at in the last 2 years? 2005 only hunter and Dice came off of it in the playoffs. 2006 no help at all starters ran out of gas and every one blames Billups or Flip. Give Flip a chance he did get us to 64 wins and LB could not do that. Also we scored more with Flip.

We just need to keep our four guys we have left and add some role players to the bench that will score like Wells and get a Center. Did you all see what Wells did to SA in the playoffs we need a player like that. SA had the same problem when David left now we got the same problem since Ben left. The East still weak other then Mami and Detroit. We still have good defenders. How many points did Ben avg a game? not many you need to score to win sure we won in 2004 becuase of defence but we all ways had a scoring problem that realy needs a spark. No one had a problem with Flip the hole 2006 season till the playoffs when we played like the 2003 playoffs pistons who could not score over 80 points a game. If was not a good year for Detroit winter teams hell the Red Wings got pop first round and atleast we made it to round 3. Even SA lost this year people all ways pick them to win the west. Maby The Tigers and Lions will go all the ways this year lol ( a weak team dont stay weak for ever). SA and the Pistons will bounce back. Dont give up on us just yet the best is still yet to come.:nod: Im sure joe will pull out a trick out of his sleeve. Piston Fan For Life for Good Or Bad Come on guys lets get over it Big Ben leaving us did not hurt as much as GHill left us lol.:laugh:
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Pistons 1337:

Give these guys a chance to adapt to the change. The body isn't even cold yet. Hell, it hasn't even arrived at the morgue. In fact, it hasn't even officially been pronounced dead.

Ben gave us 6 very good years.

This isn't the News forum. I don't see anyone jumping off buildings just yet. Give people at least 24 hours, ok? It's normal to be bummed and to vent when the fan favorite leaves.

Your solution is to simply add Wells and "get" a Center. Right! That should be really easy. DPOY Centers are a dime a dozen. How many good Centers do YOU know that are available?
  3. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

stop discussing yesterday??

this ben thing is still new, allow us to try and find something good about it.
    all the other points you brought up had already been discussed over and over long ago.

the point of a discussion board is to discuss news and trade thoughts and ideas with one another as fellow fans. at least here, most things are discussed intelligently and without abuse. try visiting a few other forums if you want to compare.

as darth said, we just lost one of the best pistons to ever be a piston. grieving is a process that brings out a lot of different emotions. give it time.
  4. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

dang i justfound about this...today.
  5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

If you were checking sites like me yesterday every second you would of lost it. The news of Ben leaving came so unpredictably:ohwell:, and I was speechless.
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I haven't slept in 2 days. This Ben Wallace stuff ate up my night.
  7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I was so bummed out last night. I hope all 5 guys make the all star team and can lead the East to a miracle comeback. It would suck if this group had it's last game at Miami losing. Have a great year Ben, but I hope your team doesn't make the playoffs and you regret leaving Detroit.
  8. linwood

linwood All-Star

I hate it. This really pisses me off. Ben was not only my favorite Piston, but he embodies a rare style of basketball that I find the most compelling. It's not just losing Ben... it's the serious possibility of losing the "going to work" attitude, the gritty, tough DETROIT style defense, and the real possibility that the organization cheaped out, threw in the towel, and is content to move in a new direction.
  9. SheedsWorld

SheedsWorld Second Round Draft Pick

Who could we trade to get Gerald Wallace so that we could have the new Wallace X 2, ........and a Piston named wallace with the number 3 I could stomach to look at.
  10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

What happened? When the Pistons won in 04 teams were supposed to be like them and want to be like us. What happened during the playoffs that caused this team to be in this position? Before we were the team on the top of the cliff with the shoe on the opponents dangling fingers begging for life. Now we're the ones grasping the edge with the tips of our fingers.
  11. roscoe36

Dale Davis and Delfino/Maxiell.

Of course we would be back to having only one center, unless you count the Nigerian Nightmare, Cheick Samb.
  12. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Maybe we could sign Ben's brother or nephew or whatever. I wonder if he'll still be playing on our summer league team?
  13. roscoe36

Wayne Wallace will be on the SL team. Don't you read Bad Boy Summer Camp? ;)
  14. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

Slippy's avatar allows me to drop the fantasy that we'll convince Daly to return midseason for a run at the championship. No need now...
  15. #1Burn02

#1Burn02 Second Round Draft Pick

I'm over it. I could careless right now. It's the offseason and we gotta sign some players not named Nazr.
  16. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Give it time and time takes time.

I went to sleep thinking about Ben and the Pistons and woke up thinking about Ben and the Pistons. Have been on this forum reading about Ben and the Pistons all day. Time to take a break and walk my basset hound dog and then return to thinking about Ben and the Pistons.

Well, this too shall pass. Everyone will get over it in their own time and way. I will watch some Detroit Basketball playoff tapes from 2003-2004 season when Ben was still playing Larry Brown basketball. That will make me smile and make me glad that he is going somewhere that his gifts might be better used than they were in the subsequent Fip season.
  17. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Actually, yes I do. That's how I knew he was originally on our summer league team. :thumb:

But, I was just wondering if the way Ben left would have any impact on that.
  18. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I only see things turning out good in one way: Now that Ben is gone:mad:Flip will HAVE to play the bench. Now lets say Nazr gives us 9 ppg, 6.5 rpg, and 1 block per game in 25 minutes. We'll play the bench Amir, J Max etc. and lets say they perform good too. Are we better off going into the playoff like that? Maybe because we'll have a more experienced bench and whats left of the core won't be tired. Joe D. has to find someone good at latest halfway through next year if we want a chance at the ship.
  19. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

Joe's a classy guy, I doubt he'd to kick Wayne Wallace off the summer league team.