1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Magic looking for more trades?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by hitafreethrow, Dec 20, 2010.

1. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Anyone think that the Magic could possibly be shopping one or more of the newly acquired players to some of the teams we may have been in trade talks with? I'm sure they could use Jason Thompson down there, and be willing to give up Ryan Anderson and Reddick? What about Nazr backing up Dwight? If Charlotte was actually looking at Rip, why not Reddick?

It's clear the Magic need another 5, so I'm just wondering if any of the recent additions could be sent packing elsewhere soon.

2. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think they're done, they don't need a real backup for Dwight. They'll try to get their new players together until the playoffs.

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

They probably need another big to compete with the C's or the Lakers/Spurs if they get that far.

4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

If I were Orlando, I would ditch Nelson for a defensive minded small forward. This guy would be Turk's backup, and indirectly, the backup power forward as Turk slides over to power forward.

No, the Pistons have no use for Nelson. Of course, in a three way trade - we could give them TMAC. What we need in return is a strong defensive point guard to backup Stuck.

In TMAC, the Magic would have both a backup small forward, and a backup point guard. I am sure TMAC still has a lot of fans in Orlando.

Now who would take Nelson, who also has a defense first point guard for us?

5. hitafreethrow

The Lakers? Send Steve Blake over our direction, and they can have Nelson as their point guard of the Future.

6. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

They could use another big body in there to spell Dwight a bit, that's about all I really see off top. They can always play Arenas at PG some, along with Turkoglu running the offense with their current backup in. At swing they have whoever doesn't start between Arenas and JRich, both players can see up to 30 mpg. Then Redick will of course get minutes at the 2. Earl Clark might get some looks as an option for a 3rd string SF/PF type while Ryan Anderson's minutes should increase.

No idea who their backup Center is, and that's my biggest concern (other than roster chemistry) with the team. A team like LA or Boston can just keep throwing size at Dwight and get him into trouble.

7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I don't remember Blake as a defensive guy. Have not followed him though for the past couple of years now. Has he improved his defense any lately?

8. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Not really. He's still primarily a shooter who can do a solid job of running an offense. He fits well in the triangle.

9. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I do like Blake - but I am still hoping upon hope that the good defensive footwork I saw from Bynum at the beginning of last season can return. I am still thinking he is nowhere near 100%. Bynum does not have the range Blake has, but he can move fast enough to get closer in shots - and he does find himself at the basket a lot. Blake ain't got that sort of speed.

Sure would like to see how well White can run the point. At 6-5, he could just be the perfect defensive sub to come in when Stuckey rests. Just speculation though. They hardly showed any of the preseason - and did'nt White bust that ankle real early in the preseason. I can't remember even seeing him play at all. Until I see him play, how can I judge if he has any defensive footwork?

I rechecked Orlando's roster. Duhon is on it. He is a pretty good backup point. Still no height though. Looking around - you know, we really had it good, defensively, at point, when we had Billups as a youngster. Size, strength, skill - both ends of the floor. Stuckey has a lot of this too - and I would take a clone of Stuckey for a 2nd point guard and not regret it at all. Size, strength, speed, skill, all in one player is hard to find.

10. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

@Lee
    there are quite some decent, not used PG's out there (Blake, Duhon, Ridnour who is going to share with Flynn, Lowry or Brooks, whoever wins the starting PG gig)!

11. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Orlando needs to find a backup center. Howard can easily get into foul trouble. Their whole strategy hinges on having a low post threat that can open up the perimeter shooters. They can get past Boston without one and even if they did they'd have no chance against the Lakers.

Still, currently I'd say they are the stronger Florida team.

12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It may take a few games for the chemisty to gel....as the Magic lost to the Hawks tonight and at one point between the 3rd and 4th quarter they did not hit a single field goal for over 12 and half minutes. A big would be nice, but they have to make sure turk gets back on track...he is having subpar year so far ...maybe he couldn't run with Nash I guess.

13. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Howard and Nelson are BFF's. My money says Jameer's not going anywhere.

14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I think Reddick and Q-Rich are definitely available, and so is Nelson if the right deal came along.

15. hitafreethrow

I think Q-Rich is available no doubt...Although Jason Richardson is most likely gone after this year...