LIONS @ VIKINGS Nov.6 1pm

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by TheeTFD, Nov 2, 2005.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

OK whiners, you know this drill. The Vikes own us. Since Wayneno went 9 and 9 against them. They've owned us some more. Here's our record against them including the "Dark Russ Thomas Years" 14, 35 and 2 with a 0 for 14 streak in there. That's 7 years we didn't beat them. DRTY.
    Ok, the Vikes are confused they're struggling. Could we steal a road win!? They will start Brad Johnson, Culpepper is out for the year. Their 3rd string QB is better than all our QBs. But so what, can Mooch out coach Tice. He has the talent. 97xBam. 97xbam.97xBam. Just hold on to the ball.
    Lions 22 Vikes 23 :doh: Don't come in here whining on Monday if we lose. I'll do it for you. Remember there'll be lots of positives to take from this game.

2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I remember that losing streak. The Lions had some ok teams then, but Bud Grant and a good Vikes team beat us every single time.

3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Well it was all a bad dream. Vikes win 27 to 14. The dee was gashed for 100 yd rushing in the 1st half! We fumbled away the game in the second Q. Vikes score 14 pts. off turns. Well if you look very hard there might be 1 or 2 positives here to build on. Ka. Ed got 2 sacks. Joel threw 2 td passes. Scotty "Grape" Vines had a sweet over the shoulder catch. Negs., our running game has no clue. They ran around Halls end repeatedly for 10 yard gains and never adjusted. Sniffle...

4. Darth Tater

Please pass the kool-aid

You call yourself a Lions fan? You are a whiner!!!!

Bad dream??? Look hard for positives? Whaaaaat? There were tons of positives. Don't be a whiner. I'll list them:

The Lions scored two whole touchdowns in one game. It's not every week that they score twice! Joey completed like 28 passes and most were even to the right team. They only lost by 13 points for goodness sakes. Be positive! Two more touchdowns and the Lions would have won.

Mr. Ford definitely has us headed in the right direction now. Kevin Jones was injured...but he isn't dead, after all. Don't despair guys. Matt Millen and Mooch have a plan. Be patient. 45 years is nothing in the whole scheme of things. It's not every week the Lions will run into a great division rival like the Vikings. Let's cheer for them. Don't complain or despair. Calling a Lions game a "Bad dream???" How would the 95% blameless Mr. Ford feel about that?

First thing Monday morning I'm going to place my order for season tickets next year. I was very pleased with the results today. I'm behind my team unlike some people. Yeah, it could have been better, but they can't win every game.

Excuse me now while I cleanse myself...:puke:

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Lions are done for the season.

6. Darth Tater

Dude, I told you that after game two. :nod:

Other than the fact that they are still mathematically alive there is no hope for them from my vantage point. It won't matter. The franchise is a joke.

Let's chill and enjoy the Pistons!!! :thumb:

7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Oh ye of weak stomach

:rain: What do you mean the Lions are done? We got 8 more train wrecks to go. Eight! And I know you'll be there for every one,

peeking between your fingers. :behindsof Watching in slow motion as the

:eek: :drama: :nerd: train derails and bodies go flying. Surely you know there is a strong hallucinogen in the Kool Aid the Fords distribute. I'm just trying to keep you from spilling the nerve agent and seditive that's in there too. Now lick it from your chin. Did you think you could just skip over to the Pistons or Wings and everything would be rosey? :lalala: You guys

didn't even have the decency to give the guys a yuleagy[sp].:nerd: :rip:

8. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

How's this for positive?

Joey Harrington was our leading rusher today with 17 yards.

Our stud running back, Kevin Jones averaged 2 yards per carry. He's averaging a whopping 3 yards per carry for the season and has an eye popping 381 yards rushing through 8 games. An average of 47 yards per game.

The undrafted, league minimum playing salaried Scottie Vines leads the Lions receivers in receiving yards with a mind numbing 227.

Our "Big Three" top 10 pick receivers of Charles Rogers, Roy Williams and Mike Williams have combined for 488 receiving yards and 2 TDs for the season. That averages out to 20 yards and .083 TD's per game per player this season. Talk about production!!

I could go on and on with "positives" about this team, but I think you get the picture.

But of course at the end of the day, its all Joey's fault. He told Garcia to throw that INT in OT last week too. If we could only get rid of Joey, all of our problems would disappear. He's responsible for everything. The hiring, the drafting, the play calling, the blocking, the defence, the coaching, all the past decades of losing. Its all on Joey. Heck, he's even responsible for the Viking boat orgy.

If only Dan Orlovsky were here to save us!

9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

JTime, at least your trying. My bad, Joel only threw one TDP. Did you see him out run that DT to the side line? Go Joel Go. He also threw for 248 yds the most this year. I think he might have gotten in Jaurons ear this week that's why the Dee never adjusted. And since we were down 3 TDs he had to go downfield, even Mooch couldn't stop that.

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Who cares, the season is over. Back to Deeeeeeeeeetroit Basketbaaaaaaaaaaall!

11. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Fine, I'll hold down the fort. I got plenty of ammo.

12. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

What?

Huh? Detroit has a proffesional football team? :)

You sure we're not talking about a semi-pro? or intramural squad?

Bring back the Michigan Panthers!

13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

The Panthers were bad ass too bad they couldn't win that last 'ship.