Join Advanced League and Weekly League to have amazing fun!
Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Latinoking90, Sep 27, 2009.
Lions' offensive line key in win vs. Redskins | Two-Minute Drill - MLive.com
Told you the team made some improvements.
Not a tough analysis. They couldn't get any worse.
Everyone looks like world-beaters against the Redskins. Please don't forget this, Lions fans.
I don't think we'll be going 13-0 the rest of the way, but a win is a win. Something we hadn't experienced in almost 2 years!!!!!!!!!! So quit pissing on our party!
But this is still the Lions.
Schwartz actually looks like a legit HC standing on the sideline. It's simply amazing comparing him to Moronelli. Good guy who was simply overmatched in that job.
Yeah, it's night and day. Rod looked like a deer caught in headlights 90% of the time (the other 10% of the time he looked like he wanted to cry), while Schwartz looks like he really knows what he's doing. It looks like he has a plan AND a backup plan. I don't see any hesitation or uncertainty with him. I'm sure he'll make his share of rookie mistakes, but I'm also sure that when he does, he'll learn from them and not repeat them. Something that Rod, Mooch & Millen could all learn a thing from.
Yeah, I remember. Troy Brown was the man. "Hey Troy, I need you to play offense today." "Okay Coach." "Hey Troy, I need you to play defense today." "Okay Coach." "Hey Troy, I need you to play both today." "Okay Coach." "Hey Troy, I need you to stop world hunger." "Okay Coach." But I was laughing at the thought of Calvin Johnson being a 6'5. Sub 4.4 Speed. Cornerback. *drools*
After being stuck on the Pistons D for a while, I thought I'd take a look at how the Lions have progressed from last year. In terms of yards allowed per play, we are dead last at 6.2. This is a slight improvement from last year, when we were also dead last, but at 6.4. In 2008, the best team in the league gave up 3.9 yards/play, so we are almost there (be there in 12 years if we keep improving like this). I'm using yards/play, because it is fairly independant of field position. If I go by yards/game, then the other team might have less if we keep giving them good field position.
Hey, they didn't lose this week. Give them some credit.
Yeah, CJ's right. They haven't lost 2 weeks already this season. That's twice as many times as all of last season. Glass half full.
Playing the winless Rams at home next week....and will have two weeks to prepare...if they can't win then, there is no hope for them.
I agree, but at the same time, when was the last time the Lions actually won a game that they were expected to?
I give up, was it in this decade?
If they have Stafford and Megatron they will win. I may even pick them in my survivor pool. Maybe.
That would be a bold move that would probably intimidate your competition on the off chance you survived.
- Something tells me you're looking to get mathy over here. Maybe we can lead the the league neg. yd. plays
I'm picking against the Lions. Think about it. Another team has a chance to go 0-16. They see us as the opportunity to stop any comparisons to...The Detroit Lions. They see the desire and NEED to beat us. For the Lions, we already have our win this year, so we play for nothing...like on most Sundays.
Separate names with a comma.