Let's Go - Trader Joe!

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by KGREG, Nov 1, 2012.

1. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN Sorta what you wanted.... but I'll take both there SF's :P
  2. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

The numbers of wins is sorta telling also... whether its a crazy trade like Kobe for our starting 5 or a legit equal in our eyes trade, us sending players away doesn't seem to help any team out there. Trades are hard to make when you make one and it makes your team weaker lol
    Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  3. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

The only tradeable asset (i.e. someone who other GMs would call Dumars about) we have is Monroe. Package Monroe with an expiring or two and you can pull off a deal. Anything else is a pipe dream.
    raxrets likes this.
  4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

5. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

linwood likes this.
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

7. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

KGREG likes this.
  8. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If you think my last trade was crazy...

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN
    linwood likes this.
  9. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Yep, someone will have to pull this plug. Difficult, but some Dreams must be shattered. Either that or you level this organization out with mediocrity for at least 3-5 years.
    KGREG likes this.
  10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I totally agree, but Zac is still a legit 18ppg scorer and we need one of those badly. The main idea behind the trade is to get rid of Tay and Stuckey!
  11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

12. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Houston had the guts to say SCREW THIS! They depleted their entire roster for a shot at Dwight Howard! Consistently earning a late lottery pick is not going to help this time at all.
  13. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

I don't think this is 100% true. A lot of the players on the roster stink because they are with stinky players.
    Tradeable players are
    Bynum - Good back up point guard who can score
    Monroe - Obvious
    Drummond - Obvious
    Knight - Obvious
    Maggette - Big cap opener. If a team is looking to retool completely, this is the kind of contract they will take on. You might even get someone half decent in return
    Stuckey - If he can produce the same as he did mid last season 15ppg 4ast 4rb or around there, teams will take him as a slasher wing off the bench for 20mpg. Only if he starts scoring though.
    Singler - Extremely cheap wing with some good hustle. I'd call him a 3rd wing and at a $1m a year, its a pretty good option
    English - Young, unathletic marksman. A big team will take him to space the floor with curls.
    Daye - He has a brilliant stroke and heaps of height. He could be a total matchup nightmare in the right team. For a few million a year, he is worth the gamble for a markman

Untradeable
    BoT- Nobody takes this guy on. Even at half the salary he earns now, he is stupidly overpriced.
    Russian Bro - There are plenty of journeyman C's out there. He isn't worth giving anything away
    Maxiell - Contract year, nobody really wants him
    Middleton - Pretty average. Nothing you can't get from the FA market.

JJ is somewhere in between these two. I personally wouldn't want him in a trade, because I don't think he adds enough. Prince is hard. We keep saying a contender will take him, but I don't know if thats true. The only contenders who would want him are people who have nothing at the 3 spot - i.e. nobody.
  14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Panda, Monroe is the only guy we can trade and get something back in return outside of a salary dump. Example, Ben Gordon was tradeable and we had to attach a 1st rd pick to him to get rid of him and what did we get back in return? Corey Maggette. The only way we can get rid of Tay and/or Stuckey and get anything of value in return is if we attach Monroe to the trade.
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'd argue that we should hold pat, unless we find a destination for Prince.

We're not going to win a Championship this year even if we traded Villanueva for Lebron James. Any brilliant trade like that would just sentence us to another 3 years in purgatory as we'd win just enough to avoid drafting talent.

We need to hit ROCK BOTTOM while developing and showcasing our guys. It will probably be very embarrassing for Gores though.
  16. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

I kinda have the feeling that JD is shoveling rocks even as I type this.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

[​IMG]

We're definitely not there yet.

Here was Tiger Woods hitting his personal rock bottom:
    [​IMG]
  18. linwood

linwood All-Star

19. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Rodney Stuckey is a career 14/4/3
    Ben Gordon is a career 16/3/3

So their net impact on the game, in terms of offense is near identical. Ben Gordon doesn't defend and was getting paid $12m a year. Stuckey is paid $8.

My point is that Ben Gordon is not tradeable. So far as I can see, we were the winners from that trade, even with the 1st round pick.

The bottom line is this, all those guys I listed as tradeable are not going to get us franchise cornerstones. But we should be able to move them and get serviceable pieces in return. I guess I agree with a lot of the people here in that this is not the time to build through the draft. This team needs to be blown up and we need to completely re-tool around Monroe, Knight and Drummond. I'd keep English, JJ and maybe Singler, but only because they have a lot of heart.

And this also needs to be said. Very strongly as well. Monroe is not a trade piece. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but he got a triple double, playing out of position, in a team which may as well be underhanding all their shots. Is he average on defense? Yes. But he is servicable, while quietly being one of the most efficient offensive players in the league. For all of his flaws, even Joe D knows that if a team expects to get Monroe in that deal, they are going to be giving up a lot to get it.
  20. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Monroe is not average on defense, he's one of the worst defending big men in the NBA. He's closer to Villanueva than average.