LeBron pulling a Randy Moss?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dumars4Ever, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I didn't see any of the highlights from last night's Cleveland-Atlanta game--the Hawks won in Cleveland by 9 in OT--but about an hour ago on the Dan Patrick show, they played the end of the Hawks' radio broadcast, which said that LeBron just walked off the court in the final 10 seconds as the Hawks were dribbling out the clock. Michael Wilbon was discussing it with Dan. Wilbon made a completely inexplicable comment along the lines of "Isiah Thomas did it against the Bulls in '91, and he didn't get killed for it, though he should have." WTF, Wilbon--every single person in the media has been treating like that the greatest crime in the history of sports for the last 15 years. Still, it seems like LeBron might be getting away with some pretty lousy behavior here. I'm sure most of us remember Randy Moss doing a similar thing with the Vikings a couple of years ago, and he got absolutely destroyed in the media for that.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The Hawks were my #2 team last year. I was one year early.
  3. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That's one of the few things left I love about this league- that teams don't stay on the absolute bottom of the league for long and that even the greatest teams don't have their place in the league's elite locked forever (just look what happened to the Celts, the Lakers, the Bulls).
    Sorry for being off- topic, though.
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I saw the game last night and the Cavs blew a 9 point lead late in the 4th quarter allowing Joe Johnson and some ugly girl named Tyron Lue to beat them at the end of regulation and OT. Lebron was clearly frustrated as his team flatlined in OT as the Hawks pulled away.

Surprised that My BOY, Wilbon would bring that up 15 years later. Of course I didn't get over it for at least 10 years myself. :)
  5. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

i just watched PTI with Wilbon and they talked about it again. They didn't bring up Isiah as an example, just AI and Randy Moss. We know that the King won't have any public repercussions for his act because he is the "Face of the NBA." However, I believe LeBron is much more of a loose cannon than people can see for all of the smoke and mirrors of the endorsements and the constant hyping he gets. He definitely still has maturity issues and may have some character issues as well. Tony K. said that LeBron should be held to a higher standard because of his heightened visibility and all the money everyone is paying him i.e. Nike doesn't want him stalking off the floor.

I just think this is the third example in the past year that show that LeBron may not be able to live up to his hype as Mr. NBA. 1) That free throw psych out where he actually lightly pushed Gilbert Arenas' chest twice was very very unsportsmanlike and everyone in the media pooh-poohed it as "the will to win." 2) This incident of stalking off the floor early in the season in a game that doesn't matter doesn't speak well of his composure.3) Skipping around the floor after a playoff victory with a fierce scowl doing that somewhat obscene looking Jay-Z handsign. There is more definitely more to the King than meets the hype machine. I predict the hype machine will shift to Wade, who seems so far to be a safer more sanitized version of LeBron thus far.

However I do like the LeBrons commercials. Especially the 80's LeBron. I like his commercials so much more than him. So maybe he should retire early with an MVP and a championship and do his dream of being a billionaire doing commercials. Plus, I seriously think the guy is a product of genetic engineering. Something is not right about his body and his age. Maybe he was manufactured for the purposes of being The Face of the NBA.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah he could do a movie with Eddie Murphy the Klumps and the James gang with 2 guys playing 12 parts :lol:
  7. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

The Brons were overated this fall cause of how close they played the Pistons... when in reality it was the Pistons that played down to the Cavs... they still have an awful interior defense.
    I saw that game also... Joe Johnson and Lue were hitting rediculous shots (fall away 3's etc).
    Of bigger importance is the new found parity... I don't think a single team will win more than 55 games.... eventually the promising kids grow up and the stellar vets slow down.
    Watch dem Pacers... nice combo of talented youth & not too old vets.
  8. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I also saw the end of the Cavs/Hawks game. IMO what really got under Lebron`s skin was Lue talking smack to him as the Cav`s defense let that dwarf go to the cup untouched. That shot tied the game and sent it into overtime if I remember correctly.

Then in OT, the Hawks took over. It`s still easrly in the season, but I thought the Cavs would start out much better than this.