Lb...lb

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Oct 15, 2005.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Jay you always talk that isht on some coulda -woulda- shoulda -bulls#!+. Everyone said, and keeps saying Darko wanted to play outside, which I believe to be true, lemme give you some concrete stuff not in dreamLand where you like to kick it.

Very few 18 year olds come into the league at the 4/5 position ready to bang inside against established NBA players, (now there are some exceptions Amare-who was actually 20, Al Jeff, and D Howard) so they naturally start out playing outside and working their way in as they develop their bodies, see Chris Bosh. As a young player you play to your comfort zone, and as a 18 year old with no USA hoop experience coming from a perimeter oriented hoop culture Darko's NBA comfort zone was on the perimeter. Remember Igor kokosov even said that Darko had to work to shed the Euro perimeter game because the NBA is a different world. You really think Darko has had this package rotting on the bench for the last 2 seasons......maaaaan you bad as Lee.

Look Larry was a Tyrant, but his teachings are pure, uncut raw hoop knowledge, why y'all try to deny that I don't know. Now I'll admit that not everyone can flourish under LB, LosDos, Darko, Sam Dalembert, Larry Hughes and even Jalen Rose are examples of that, but everyone can learn from the Tyrant, and they do. If you don't believe that LB made Darko a better player as a result of what he taught Darko, than I guess it is what it is with you. Darko has a nice little hook shot, he's better at rebounding strong in traffic etc etc, looks to me like he learned some stuff and is now applying these tools. Truthfully that was Darko's main beef with Larry, "lemme show what I've learned and what I can do"

darko said recently that his Serbian coach was much worse than LB, but at least he got a chance to play, under Larry he didn't get that chance.
  2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

the last words I will ever speak about LB... I hope

True we'll never know exactly what happend, and its already been debated to death, but I find it very hard to believe that "LB wanted to stay". A guy that is happy in his job and wants to stay doesn't go on interviews with other employers. We are talking about Larry Nomad Brown afterall.

It also seems pretty suspicious that his health was such a question mark when it came to commiting to the Pistons, but now that he's in NY he's now miraculously healed.

Anyway, I've already spent way too much time talking about LB. Everyone obviously has their own opinion, and I respect that. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Thanks LB for your help in bringing us a championship. I wish you good health in life and a bad team in NY. :eyebrows:
  3. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

yes, he made darko a better player but darko was already really good. if you think darko just all of a sudden went poof and started having 10 pts, 6 blocks and 5 boards off the bench with still basically no nba experience you are mistaken. lb taught darko lots of things but those things could have been learned from a different coach you go too far when you give lb so much credit for darko's or any of our younger players development. just watch the preseason and see how the biggest development happens on the court and that's something lb doesn't do with his young players.

yes. darko wanted to be a face up player not a back to the basket traditional center. flip is allowing him to do just that. kg was not a traditonal back to the basket player and look at how he developed. kg bangs and blocks shots and plays defense his game is very similar to darko's.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Hey bball jay, having a summer league and Eurobasket tournament under your belt while being one year older also helps.

It's a lot of factors that go into Darko being good. One thing I don't understand is how people say he was so good when he never played. None of us had a way to know that. None of us.

Anyway, LB is LB. He isn't our coach, we've got a great squad this year, and it will be exciting watching Nate Robinson try to go at our point guards.
  5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

If anthing LB made Darko worse. Everybody knows lB is the best at getting the vets better, but he just sucks at youth improvement. Thats why it's good we have flip here LB made our vets very great we have the best starting 5, and one of the best 6th men in the league in MCDyess. Now Flip is going to make the rest better, and make this team even better.
  6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Great post Jammer & I agree with you on EVERYTHING!!!