Lb...lb

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Oct 15, 2005.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Why is that?
  3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

He always leaves a team, and when he gets to a new team he says his old team is better. Which is true in our case, but if he thinks we're so good he should of tried harder to stay with this team, not go trying to get jobs with cleveland and Nw York. Oh well so far i'm liking flip, but I hope we kill the knicks when we face them, better yet sweep them out of the playoffs.
  4. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Dude, let it go! :laugh:

We all know what LB is like. That's just him being him.

We should be happy that he left on bad terms yet he still paid a compliment to the Pistons.
  5. jammertime

I like the part about not getting too excited about what players are doing in training camp.

Of course its always nice to see improvement from our young players - especially Darko given his draft status and the rest of it, but its still very, very early.
  6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Isn't it true, regardless of what we suspect his motivation is for bringing it to our attention?
  7. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I'm happy as hell he wanted to leave at this point. We are going to be a much better and deeper team this year thanks to him being gone. At first I was indifferent, but I like the way things are looking right now. Enjoy NY LB.
  8. Darth Tater

From a financial standpoint I'm fairly certain he will never regret the move. He also is probably happy about returning to his old stomping grounds.

However, I would think he is already regretting the move from a coaching perspective. Houston is hurting, the Marbury thing, the incredible pressure of coaching in N.Y, Isiah looking over his shoulder, and combine all of that with his health issues.

I think he is going to hate it, fail miserably, and last one year tops. That has nothing to do with wishful thinking and my personal feelings about the guy. I just can't imagine him succeeding there.

Does New York even have a bench? Or is the entire team like the bench? He is going to have to play somebody. He can't bench them all, lol. :confused:
  9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Yes I also believe he'll fail miserably. The players on the knicks are not that well suited for lb's style they're a fastbreak team that can't play defense, and now that they lost Jerome Williams they're not a team that hustles. This team is done.
  10. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

I gofget where i read the whole article, where LB's quote was taken from. LB stated his new team was like a college team, because everyone was coming in wanting to learn. It was nothing negative.
  11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Look I know you guys don't like LB but that dude has alot to do with what we won and how our YOUTH will develop.

Imagine a team that went from Carlisle to Flip.....do you think we ever win a Ring????

Joe bringing in LB was a fantastic move. LB toughened this team up and taught them principles of WINNING. His teachings will remain, just like they did with AI and Larry Hughes and Samuel Dalembert. LB was like a boot camp drill seargent, everyone gets irritated by the guy, but it's what that guy drills into you that makes you a soldier ready to serve. On the flip side of that (no pun intended) the drill seagent gets on your last nerve after a while and you tune it out. LB may have left at the perfect time, as a LB4LB fan it's really starting to hit me that he's a short term coach, once you know what his teachings are, he can become a liabilty as he keeps screaming at you.
  12. LA Sam

LA Sam Second Round Draft Pick

Repost From AnthologyCT on DetNews.Com

You know guys, I'm suprised by the level of praise LB seems to be gettin' in the channel as of recent. I say, "%%%% LB!!!!!"

Nobody doubts LB's coaching prowess, and his abililty to teach & X/O. The entire city of Detroit is indebted to him for bringing us the BLING! in '04. But the recent string of events with the Pistons only demonstrates his character deficiencies. Let's just say that loyalty is not one of his strengths.

First, LB took a week squelched the rumors of him going to Cleveland and NY. How could this guy even think about coaching another team. He had arguably the best team in the league! Compare that with the teams he's coached in the past, and it's mind-boggling to think he'd even entertain the thought of leaving.

ESPN Insider later reported that Joe D. actually LIED when he said that he gave LB permission to talk with the Cavs for their GM position, but it was actually for their head coaching position. Joe D. did this only so that the team could try to get over the issue of having their very own coach back-stab them in the middle of a Title Defense, and not have any controversy headed into the Playoffs.

Next, did anybody notice immediately after the Pistons defeated the Heat in Game VII last season, that LB was NOWHERE to be found? What was that all about?

Then, he told the Pistons he couldn't guarantee them that he could "physically" make it a full season because of some mysterious bladder thing. I'll explain the "mysterious" thing in a little bit. But, Joe D. told him and his agent that the Pistons would be willing to pay him to take a sabadical for 6 months, no less, then come back when he was healthy. Then he and his agent came up with some BS excuse that if he came back in the middle of the season, that it wouldn't be fair to the players, and whomever the head coach would have been to come in and change the system. What other organization in all of professional sports would give a guy 6 months paid to get his sh*t together, then come back? None! It was never about money with Joe D. and Davidson. When you're a Championship team, it's about LOYALTY, and LB didn't pass the test. Joe D. wanted LB, the Piston players were willing to forgive LB, Davidson "was" willing to look the other way ....... but, LB simply wasn't satisfied in Detroit.

So, it ends up that LB turns up in NY, after LB got a huge check. Then went all over in the media telling everybody that Joe D. & Davidson fired him. What a weisel.

In his first press conference as the Knicks new head coach, the first thing out of this mouth was, "I only hope that I can "MENTALLY" handle the job". Mentally? What happened to the bladder problem LB? Oh, so the problem was really in your head all the time, eh LB?

Now, check this out from the N.J. Star-Ledger . . . .

"L.B. gets a cleaner bill of health / October 11, 2005

Could Larry Brown be the miracle coach?

Last spring he told the Pistons he couldn't guarantee he'd be able to give them a full season on the bench because of his lingering bladder problem from complications after hip replacement surgery. He missed 17 games last season.

But now that he's with the N.Y. Knicks, the problem seems to have passed.

Brown told the Newark (N.J.) Star-Ledger that Knicks physician Lisa Callahan has taken over his care, and instead of missing time returning to the Mayo Clinic, she'll have him monitored by New York-area doctors.

"I'm OK," Brown said. "She's just checking me out, which should save me a trip back. I'm OK, I doubt (missing time) will ever present itself. ... Mentally I had some issues, and it's still going to be there. But I'm excited about what I'm doing, and I'm moving on." "

Yeah LB, moving on is a lot easier when you get $5 Million from Detroit, and another $10 Million/yr from Zeke. Zeke & LB deserve one another. The both remind me of Pat Riley.

You guys remember back in the day when Riles ditched the Knicks to go to Miami for a bigger payday? He didn't even have respect enough for the team that took him to the finals to personally call anybody. He faxed in his resignation .... probably on Heat stationary. Patrick Ewing found out on ESPN during a celebrity golf outing. Needless to say, that elusive payday never came. It seemed like the Heat and Knicks met every year in the playoffs. It always went to a Game VII, and down to the last shot. And Van Gundy out-coached Riles everytime. That's justice!

For all of LB's antics ......... I still believe in certain universal laws. One of those happens to be justice. And the Basketball gods just wouldn't be just if Detroit didn't meet the Knicks in the Playoffs this year. Think Chauncey, Rip, Ben, 'Sheed, Tay, and Darko wouldn't be psyched for that one?

Like Davidson said, " . . . . there was just too much Larry Brown, and not enough Pistons." And he wasn't talking about the individual players, he was talking about the Pistons organization ........ that whole team concept that Joe has tried to foster.

Bottom line: Joe D. & the Pistons = All Class. LB = All %%%%%!

In my book, L.B. stands for "Little %%%%%!"

I'm out,
    Like the Knicks in the Playoffs against the Pistons,

AnthologyCT
    GO PISTONS!
  13. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

In reply to Sam's LB post....

What did we know about Larry Brown before he was hired?

1) He would be a short term Coach. Loyalty was never one of Larry's strong points.

2) He was high strung and had some mental issues. His mental health leave of absence in Philly proved that.

3) He was a Hall of Fame Coach who could maybe give the Pistons the push they needed to get into the Finals...or if everything fell into place win a championship.

No surprises. It baffles me that people are still ranting about Larry's weaknesses when all along we knew it was the price that had to be paid. He did exactly what he was hired to do in exactly the manner we should have expected him to do it.

We all know that Philly fans called him "Larry the Weasel". Right? So when Larry the Weasel lives up to his name why get all indignant about it?
  14. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Boy am I going to enjoy you guys and the excuse party when it turns out that LB was better. It will be everything under the sun on God's green earth BESIDES coaching.
  15. Darth Tater

LA Sam

I agree with Anthology's post. That's why I dislike LB. I also agree with Anthology that Larry deserves SOME of the credit for 2004.

That being said, I gotta tell you something. Remember the headless horseman and Ichabod (sp?) Crane? I finally figured out what horse he was riding... THIS DEAD ONE THAT PEOPLE KEEP BEATING!!!!!!!:deadhorse
  16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Bills AMEN

Everything LB did in Det, he was brought in to do. I remember seeing a halftime interview with Joe talking about the Tiny Tyrant. Joe said that he forst went to Chauncey and told him, "you know he's going to coach the $*@# out of you? So if you have problem with that, say something NOW!!! don't come to me in the middle of the season complaining"

We know LB, he was brought in to Break and rebuild stronger and he did that. One of the biggest winners with LB is Darko, have you seen Rasho lately, uugggh.....Did you see Tskzitli, (however you spell it) last night...what about that dope in NY, or Lampe in Phx, Pavlovic in Clev.....THEY ALL SUCK!!!!! Krstic is OK, but they play run and gun in Jersey, and he plays no D!!! Darko is showing toughness and mettle. LB is the ultimate definition of, The ends justify the means. Nobody on this team is a worse player because of LB, he may not give you the opps to shine, but he planted seeds of skills and techniques that are undeniably bearing fruit for this team.
  17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Sam's a crap disturber. He purposely drops this and takes off.

Anyone who expected LB to be more than what he was or to do more than what he did in the last 20 years was a sucker.

Larry wins, and runs. Kinda like Sam without the winning.
  18. jammertime

A broken heart

I agree that we all should have known what Larry was like before signing with the Pistons and he did do exactly what he was hired to do. He got us over the hump and helped us win a championship and almost two. But I think the Pistons organization helped LB just as much as he helped us.

I think that both the fans and Joe D. expected that "this time will be different". We thought that Pistons basketball would make him want to stay. We thought that "playing the right way" without any superstars, just guys "goin' to work" every night would blind LB's wondering eyes. A blue collar town with a blue collar team.

I think that's what people are most upset about. We feel betrayed. LB was our first love and he dumped us. We thought we were better than all the others out there and we were wrong. He broke our collective heart.

Oh well. Now its time to get over it and move on. We've got a new man now. His name is Flip.

P.S. I'm not gay. :laugh:
  19. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

darko is showing exactly what he was billed to be in the draft not what lb made him. lb added things to his game but he did not make darko play in the post. check out darkos predraft reports and they say he isn't like other euro bigs. darko had the tools before lb. darko isn't turning good overnight he was like this before but rotting on our bench. darko would have improved under any coach in the league especially a expansion coach where he was getting 25 - 30 minutes a game. he would be a double double guy by now his 3rd year in the league.
  20. detteam

detteam All-Star

I don't feel betrayed by LB. I think he delivered to the best of his ability.

Lest you forget that LB wanted to stay, but got the boot based on his 'health issues'. There is a whole lot that none of us will ever know about the real situation.

I respect LB, what he did for the Pistons, and I think BillD made a big mistake to protect his own ego.