LB clip from last year

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by detteam, Sep 5, 2005.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Y'all cats are funny to me sometimes. I can't see how telling the truth about Darko is so harsh, Darko WAS INDEED IMMATURE!!!!! He was what 18 at the time. Most 18/19 yr olds are immature....except LeBron, that dude is so mature it's almost weird. Bottom line is that Darko was not ready at the time he entered the draft. Hindsight is 20/20 though, I just hope the kid can harness his GAME and be an asset to the team.
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

If MOST 18/19 year olds (other than LeBron) are at the same level of maturity as you just said, then that means most are at the level of maturity that is age appropriate. You included Darko in that group and implied Brown was justified for making his statement. Therefore, you are saying that Darko shows the proper level of maturity and therefore is NOT immature, relatively speaking. Therefore if Brown believed that then Brown was not fair to Darko. However...

If, conversely,you are saying Brown meant Darko was immature in relative terms (to older players), than Brown should have said that and not instead compared Darko's maturity level to that of a 10 year old child.

Nobody said telling the truth is wrong. The issue here is the context in which the statement was made (basically it was said on a late night comedy show) and the purpose behind the statement (possibly to humiliate his own player to make excuses for not playing him)?

Do you think the statement was helpful or hurtful to Darko? Brown is not a stupid man. I think he knew exactly what he was doing.

btw...I am not saying that Darko was indeed ready to play or that he was mature (even in relative terms). I am merely stating why I think Brown's statement was uncalled for.
  3. puertoricanballer

puertoricanballer First Round Draft Pick

Darth: Maturity (or inmaturity)

Men!!! That was a disertation. I was :confused: and :dizzy: for a moment.