1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Latest Pistons Rumors

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Mark V, Jun 30, 2013.

1. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Somebody else's player with some STR's and Weakness's is always better then our player with some STR's and Weakness's. Monroe has had 2 (now 3) head coaches and is sooo young... I just don't get what folks don't like about him besides the fact he can't jump out of the gym. We get it.... he's boring, but boring doesn't mean losing games.

I know its an IF, but if he can hit the 10-15 range jumper and Drummond is what we think he is.... we have a NASTY 4/5 that nobody in the league can beat.

Mark V, Pwn Toney and linwood like this.
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Your reply has fallen on moot ears.

coynejeremy and Pwn Toney like this.
  3. Mark V

Mark V Bench Warmer

Took the words right out of my mouth. Monroe is someone you build around on, much like Drummond, not an asset to give away.

linwood likes this.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

monroe and drummond could be a great combo, but it's hard to say since drum only got 8 starts last year.

5. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

In a vacuum I take Josh Smith over Greg Monroe all day, but not for this team. He can actually score on the block which allows Drummond to function in a more Tyson Chandler like role. And he should be/maybe already is a solid low block man defender.

A bit disappointed to still hear no talk from the Pistons in grabbing a shooter.

6. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

The offseason is long.. besides we don't need "just a shooter" .. we need a Small Forward shooter who can also defend.

7. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Yes, that. Technically Kyle Singler fills the shooter role and I'm definitely not thinking go sign another Kyle Singler.

8. Mark V

Mark V Bench Warmer

Iguodala Update:

Looks like he signed with the Warriors :(. Officially off the market for the Pistons.

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

it's amazing to watch jd back in action after years of having his hands tied. look at the wheeling and dealing. there was the bot+collider for a guy with negative offensive win shares, and there was... well I'm sure there's much more to come.

10. vincy4fish98

vincy4fish98 Bench Warmer

Yeah, Joe is playing "you bet your life" that is why he is motivated. If he doesn't do something to improve the team to the next level (meaning playoffs) he not only won't have his hands tied, but he will be cut loose. I am trying to stay patient but it seems everyone else is getting the action we see the Pistons mentioned but not closing any kind of deals. I see a whole lotta smoke but no fire if you know what I mean.

11. linwood

linwood All-Star

Moot it, Bill.

Nemo and coynejeremy like this.
  12. S.J.

Yeah, I forgot to add "Athlethic" to that.

Luckily for us, Iguodala is out of the market.

Howard might be taking his decision soon. The Mavericks were informed already that Dwight Howard isn't going there.. so it means the only teams left are Lakers, Rockets and Warriors.

Besides:

Utah have to renounce to the Millsap rights to make room for the trade and Golden State had renounced the rights of Jarret Jack, so.. they are both available.

I don't like Jack, really, but some of you do, I think.

13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Usually by this point, if you're going to make something happen, you have things going on. It doesn't look to me like the Pistons are going to make much happen.

Pwn Toney and Nemo like this.
  14. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That is interesting. So effectively Millsap is an UFA. I dare say Utah will be all over re-signing him though after losing Jefferson. They have plenty of cap space to play with. But they only have 8 guys signed as of this moment. Decision still on Mo Williams and signing their 1st's Burke and Gobert.

I suppose that raises another question. Do we have a crack at Millsap? He definitely won't be playing the 3 which would mean Drummond off the bench. I like him but not sure its a fit or pressing need right now.

Jack would be an interesting pick up, though if we retain Calderon isn't a real need. Made $5.4m last season. Carl Landry also is in the same boat. Warriors can't pay him. I'm guessing Warriors will be trying to unload Biedrins, Rush and Jefferson's expiring contracts asap for some future picks in order to keep Jack and Landry. Though I think they still might only be able to keep one. Also, who goes to the bench for Iggy? Barnes? Who just had a breakout season.

15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I concur....The Josh thing has taken to long to unfold especially since it appeared to be the first reported discussion was just after midnite on Monday morning. ..

It will probably be something small that most of us won't like...unless it means unloading Stuckey and/or BoT....

16. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

17. McQuack

McQuack Bench Warmer

Millsap at the 3 isn't THAT crazy - He started at the 3 vs the Spurs last time they met in the playoffs. But of course, his best position is as a PF.

Do the Jazz really have any cap to play with? They just took on about $24.0M of salary from GSW (Biedrins, Jefferson and Rush)
    Also, I think they will be tanking HARD next season - Trying to develope Favors/Kanter

Vince Galloway@Vince_Galloway
    1h
    Carl Landry, Jarrett Jack and Paul Millsap won't be returning to their respective teams next season.

Not sure how reliable this guy is though...

18. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Oh yeah, forgot the Warriors already traded those expiring guys!

So that gives them 11 players and $49m without Millsap. You're right, he's gone.

19. S.J.

Millsap is gone from Utah, they accept Biedriens, Brandon Rush and Richard Jefferson contracts plus a 2014 first pick and 2017 first pick from GSW... in exchange of nothing. GSW gets the room to sign Iguodala.

But you can't blame Dumars or Gores, at least from my perspective.
    If the players wants to play in a big market or in a better team with more chances of a championship, that is out of your hands. We always knew that could, and still can, happen.
    Aminu would be a good signing. I hope we get him at the right price, he is 23-24 years old. If we sign him by 25 millon and 4 years or something like that, it could be something good for us. Not the best, not what we all expected, but something good.

20. del

del Team Captain Forum Donor

Correct me if I'm wrong, but thought I read somewhere that teams have until the trade deadline in Feb to clear (or meet in our case) the cap before luxury taxes are imposed. Think the same article discussed JDs comments that they wouldn't only be looking at FAs but trades as well, and that as a result, we might not see anything happen until closer to the trade deadline. Then, teams will be more desperately trying to clear cap space for luxury tax and next years FAs.

I don't mind this at all as it would give more bang for buck and because this year's FAs aren't that amazing. Say we pick up a couple of decent pieces at this time, with the young core, we would look more attractive to next year's FAs too.