Larry tidbits

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by copper, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

he's a great shipbuilder.............:)
  2. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

4. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

By all accounts, he put in a ton of work. I think he followed the game plan with Drummonds development...at the cost of several wins. Meaning, they wanted to ease him in and continued to do so despite evidence that his net effect was better then Maxiell's.
    The team was poorly built. anytime a vet went down, we got better.

I can see him getting peeved about Gores' message. You either believe in me or you don't. If you don't, give me my money.
  5. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

He knew if he came back he would be on a super short leash.... another start like the last two years and he'd be gone before Christmas... I don't like his demands though, and for that reason alone if I was the owner I'd say walk...

I admire his work, but there is just something that doesn't translate onto the floor, he might have been the perfect coach for us when Larry Brown left. Floor leadership wasn't an issue and there was a solid rotation without lots of guessing.... he didn't react to issues as they came up during the two years in a timely manner.... I thank him for his hard work, but think he needs to move on.
  6. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Frank and Gores might be "posturing" a bit to keep-up public perception.

Gores comes out the other day and says that he 'isn't going to settle for seasons like this'. = trying to assure the fan base that the team wants to improve and fans should get behind the Pistons (buy some tickets).

Frank fires back by saying 'I'm worth an extension; I've been a good soldier here and I'ts the roster not me'. = an effort to maintain his "status" among NBA coaching ranks and ensure that he either deserves another chance in Detroit or another job elsewhere.
    coynejeremy likes this.
  7. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

Tough stuff.

I think Frank is a good coach. I can't argue with how he developed Dre and Middleton. I thought that he put the team in a position to win. The players let him down, and he's going to take the hit.

This will probably be a bad thing, unless Joe can pick up Nate Mcmillan.
    linwood likes this.
  8. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

Are you thinking of Noah? Moses didn't need a ship. He would just part seas and whatnot.
    brofmfa and linwood like this.
  9. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Hire Biblical Moses to coach, then sign Bynum and Tyreke Evans, and build the team around combo guards that slash to the basket. Unstoppable.
    linwood likes this.
  10. Nemo

I bring up Moses at least every 2 years. Every time, somebody sees my error. :)
  11. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Don't feed the trolls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I was going to start a Frank Appreciation Thread but we have too damn many random threads already. Plus its just going to be marred with remarks like: I appreciate that he's gone. I soured on Frank at some point. But I think he did the best with what he had. He allowed Moose to play from the elbow and had people cut through the lane and back door. He gave Knight a ton of time at PG. People now have their opinions of him and its not so much a mystery anymore. He brought Drummond along at a good pace. A little slow once Dre showed he had a positive impact but he wasn't stashed on the bench all season long. Middleton and English got burn.
    When the guys came to play, the offense was fun to watch with a inside outside mix. We have pages and pages of his faults and shortcomings so I'd rather not get into that again. He's gone. Not going to argue that he was any good but I liked him a lot better than Flip Saunders.
    brofmfa likes this.
  13. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

:winner first h4h:
  14. Nemo

I did like Flip Saunders a lot better, but your post was excellent and concise. A very nice reflective piece. Thanks.