Laimbeer resigning from Shock

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by detteam, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

I agreed with this statement...about 3 years ago. With a very limited base of talented coaches, GMs are going out on a limb to find the next ZENmaster. Heck, Joe even looked at Curry. Look for Laimbeer to be coaching soon.:stirthepot:
  2. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Does making Laims the head coach for the Pistons give instant credibility to the organization? He has that air about him that his teams will compete every night; whether he needs to bench his all stars or not to get it.

He is the perfect fit for this team now. We are struggling to find an identity and he brings one immediately. He was tough and competetive as a player and his Shock team took on his personality. I can see him doing the same thing with our new roster.

With him at the helm you would know as a player it is time to "man up" and play when the ball is tossed.

I get goose bumps just thinking about it.
  3. raw36

raw36 First Round Draft Pick Forum Donor

if he works for another team, i wish he would be an assistant coach for the spurs, lakers or bobcats.

after a year or two under an HOF coach, he replaces curry and inherits a team that has been completely rebuilt and ready to kick butt :gun1:
  4. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Ok, that wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. I expected a few of you to take this kind of hard. I know you love Bill Laimbeer (the player, not the poster in here:pound:), and I do to. I just think it was very poor judgment of him to take off at this moment of the season. If he wanted an NBA job, he should have put in his resignation immediately after last season. As far as him knowing Mahorn was ready so he didn't throw his team under the bus, no doubt those girls were very close to Bill. They have been through alot of wars together. I am sure they are taking this pretty hard. I'm not trying to sound sexist hear but my guess is they are taking it alot harder than if it had been a team of men he left. You just don't chop off the head coming out of the gate. This isn't a slam on Mahorn. But he is his own man and things will definitely be different. Training camp would have been the perfect time to get the new head reattached. Not now.
  5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Im deleting my shock thread....waah!
  6. Nemo

:):):)
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I wonder what happens if Mahorn gets a assistant coaching gig/offer before Bill does?? :confused:
  8. detteam

detteam All-Star

Think of poor Curry if Laimbeer signs with another team. When that team visits the Palace, Laimbeer will probably get a standing ovation during player introductions and Curry will get pretty much nothing.
  9. Nemo

Actually...That just suits him fine.

[​IMG]
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I listened to an interview with Bill on NBAtv a few days ago and he sounded completely committed to the Shock this year. As an example, at the end of the interview, he cockily commented "see you in the Finals" when he was signing off.

It was a comment that was beyond what someone might say if they were thinking about quitting. The NBAtv guys chuckled and pointed out how audacious it was.

This leads me to believe that he has a pretty sure thing lined up. Maybe he is shopping it a bit and seeing if he can do better, but I have a hard time believing that he's completely unconnected right now.
  11. Nemo

He'd make the finals as the head coach of the Cavs...
  12. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

There would never have been a good time for Bill to leave the Shock. Without him, that franchise would've folded 7 years ago. There would be no triple-trophy season for Bill D. (RIP). Braxton would've retired by now and Pierson wouldn't be one of the most sought after forwards in the league.

I really think that he's already got something lined up.
  13. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I think that if Laimbeer replaces Curry, we will get more production out of Kwame and Amir.
  14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I am thinking if Laimbeer replaces Cowens, we may get more production out of all our big men...then he can work his way up the Piston food chain...

Send Cowens back to Boston.
  15. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

The question is what is Curry still doing in Detroit!?
  16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think he's going to be an assistant with Charlotte. LB was impressed with Bill's ability to shop for a job in season while already holding one.
  17. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Laimbeer as Curry's assistant?
    That would be nothing shy of awesome!

Curry would have to trade in the tablecloths for the "Craig Sager collection" just to get his players to notice him in the huddle.
  18. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Laimbeer will likely take a assistant coaching job somewhere else. He will be ready next year when Curry is given the axe for the Pistons head coaching job. Lamibeer and Curry can not be on the same staff. Lamibeer would throttle poor Curry during the pre-season which would not help with the chemistry of the team.
  19. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

lmao :D
  20. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think that would do wonders for team chemistry. :MusicBigGrin: