LA Lakers March 26th, 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'March 2009' started by Dlev59, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Please note, this person can for certain answer me whether he watched the game. So far, he has not. I would take his word for it if he said he did.

Read what the guy wrote again. He clearly indicated that we made a huge run after Bynum replaced Afflalo. This is inaccurate. The run started a few minutes later, after Afflalo came back into the game for Stuckey.

Inaccurate observations always leave me wondering if someone watched the game. So I ask.

Have a nice day.
  2. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

We were overmatched and had no chance for a win. That is the reality. The silver lining is that we are finding out some things about our young players.

AJ should have got some minutes in this game. He is one of the few players we have that has a desire to rebound. Yeah, he sometimes over does it and gets called for fouls but at least he tries to get them.

Does anybody else notice that nobody on this team is in position to rebound on either end of the court. Dice gets in there on the defensive end when he is playing center but can't get there playing power forward. On offense he is usually out of the lane and can't get there for it.

The rest of our guys are too busy watching the shot to go after a rebound.

Stuckey is not playing with any confidence right now. He is afraid to shoot and afraid to drive. Maybe watching the things that Will can do with the basketball right now that he can't, is having an effect on his game. He is not at a stage in his career where he can be option #1. Or maybe he doesn't feel he can. Without Rip and Sheed he is playing against tougher defenders and defenses geared toward shutting him down. He is a 2nd or even 3rd option at this stage of his career and needs time to develop (and a coach to help him).

Afflalo is still trying to find his role. With all these injuries, players have been out in roles that they are not familiar with or maybe not capable of fulfilling at this point in their careers. Herman plays an offensive game and AA plays defense. Maybe he is trying too hard to become a threat on the offense and thinking too much.

Tay is tired and lost a step. He again is not a #1 option. Great at playing off the ball but terrible with it.

When the MASH unit gets back we will play better. If AI comes back I am not sure what that will do to Will's minutes. I think Stuck will play better with Rip on the floor because he can defer to him but can pick his spots instead of forcing things. He is not a 2. You can't play AI and Will together so I am not sure what happens then.

I want to see AI with the second unit of AA, Herman, AJ and Kwame(Sheed). That unit will spread the floor for AI to work, run when given the opportunity and should be able to defend (depending on Walt's matchup). We need someone to spread the floor at the 3 when AI is in and we need a defender at the two to help on D.
  3. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I whole-heartedly agree with you there. Although a no-rules cage match with Rick Mahorn may be a more appropriate punishment.
  4. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

And, that's the way it is. Probably the best recap of the game.
  5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

You're assuming that we are actually not tanking on purpose. :spy:
  6. D32008

D32008 Banned - Sent to NBDL

Bynum has proven to be an NBA quality PG, but to think Stuckey is an overrated bum is just stupid. Stuckey just hit a wall. This is Stuckey's sophomore year and you think he's finished? Dumb.
  7. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

lol I wouldn't take that post too seriously. I'm just a frustrated, emotional fan. I like Stuckey... a lot actually. But his play for most of the last 2 months has been pretty disappointing.
  8. linwood

linwood All-Star

Yessir!

Will Bynum (who?!!) picked up a double double against the Lakers. THE LAKERS!
  9. linwood

linwood All-Star

Yeah, I'm interested. I've been big on the PistonsForum.com Detroit BBQ and Block Party idea for awhile, but then I moved away from Detroit.
  10. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

I agree with all these points. The players did not bring it tonight there was no lineup that would win this game, haha. Unless Bynum was immune to fatigue, then we might have had a shot.
  11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Bynum was a lot of fun to watch in that second quarter though.

He was everywhere.

6 assists, 2 offensive rebounds, a block, a steal and +16. He would have been better, but when they put in Tay for AA and Kwambo for Dice, we went -5 to end the quarter.
  12. HelloIDistance

Stuckey is finished?! This is his second year and the league and his first year starting. Give the man some time! Players don't turn into all stars overnight. I really don't think it helps that he has an idiot at the coaching position too.

People are getting way overboard with this Bynum > Stuckey talk. I see it on other forums as well. Curry said something last night in the post game that actually made sense. He said Bynum has more experience than Stuckey so he's not worried. He's right. Bynum played in Europe for a couple seasons and played in the D-League. That doesn't sound like much, but Stuckey played Division II basketball in college. Not to mention Stuckey has played way more minutes than Bynum this season and the scouting report is out on him.

I'm really not worried about Stuckey, he is learning. Unlike Amir, Affalo, and all the other players we get fascinated with Stuckey has actually shown he can be a solid player. I'm not bashing Amir, Affalo or anything it's just the point that we talk them up so much, but Stuckey has actually produced and produced way more than these players.
  13. HelloIDistance

Totally agree with these points. If Stuckey is going to be a PG he will have to work on alot of these aspects. I hope he works on his game this summer and comes back more polished.

And I sure hope he doesn't end up like Tony Delk, haha. Even though Stuckey is being hyped to hell and back by the Pistons media he's not doing that bad this year. If you just throw out all the stories and spin on him he's not bad for a second year player, first year starter. Is he an all star? No. Is he the second coming of Wade? Hell no. But if you take him for what he's worth without the comparsions, he's not doing bad.
  14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

If there is even a chance of me walking around with a name tag that says Ernie the Slow Adult I'm down.
  15. AI IS GOD

AI IS GOD Second Round Draft Pick

Pistons were no match. The 2nd quarter is bench players quarters. Lakers put their bench, Pistons were able to make use out of it. Once Lakers put their starters back it was over again.

There was no way to win this game, unless lakers played their bench whole alot more :MusicBigGrin: