1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

LA Lakers February 8th, 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'February 2007' started by Dlev59, Feb 6, 2007.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I heard it on radio. The Lakers announcers said Sheed doesn't like Flip. They said Flip makes eye contact with Sheed but Sheed ignores him.
    Flip tried to give a fist bump to Sheed and Sheed ignored him.
    Com'mon Sheed snap out of it.
    Told you we'd be up by 20 on these Fakers!
    Held them to less than 80, that's very strong these days. But I think it was more Laker slop than Piston dominance.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Maxiell is not playing well. It's so correctable it's not funny. Hustle, energy, effort.

3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I remember last year people talking about CB looking like he was playing in slow motion. When the offense if clicking now it really does look like the whole team is playing at a different, slower speed than the opponent. Especially in the first quarter last night. That was pretty impressive.

Still, got to find a way to get two bench players into the game in the first and third, somewhere around the 8-9 minute mark.

4. roscoe36

5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Not quite. Here's the difference: Maxiel played in the 2nd quarter. HVC only played in the 4th quarter when the outcome was already determined.

6. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

The weird thing is that if you watch the YouTube clip that Roscoe posted, doesn't the first guy (turns out he was Chris' AAU coach) actually kind of look like Chris? I thought the way he grinned looked a lot like him. When they found the real Mayce, I remembered from interviews I've seen before that that's what he really looks like, so I was all, "oh, yeah, guess they screwed that one up." Still, I totally thought the AAU coach could pass for being a relative!

After Sager found the real Mayce, we were joking on chat that they must have been randomly asking every single older-middle-age black man in the stadium, "are you Chris Webber's dad?" :laugh:

7. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Super execution last night.

Better not get overly happy about Kobes eight TO's. The next time we swipe at the ball that often will likely result in a parade to the foul line.

JMax needs to can the Lindsey style offensive moves. If it takes eight dribbles to get there, fagetaboutit.

Is the FLEX dead? During a radio-side post game interview with assistant coach Kevin Wilson, he mentioned a brand new offensive concept of playing "INSIDE OUT" (his words). I don't know, it sounds like a fad. It willl never catch on. :nerd2:

5 & counting !!!

8. roscoe36

The flex was stupid anyways. All you have to do is read a Minneapolis-St. Paul phonebook and you know all the plays. :nerd2:

9. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Maybe "inside out" is the technical term for "dang, the new guy sure serves up some nice passes."

10. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good point. The kids had quick hands last night and maybe got some liberties with the calls. Aggression still influences the whistle though and everyone played defense aggressively last night.

I prefer the "deceptively slow offense".

11. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I've been watching the games on 2hr delay, like CBS used to do, so i can workout longer. I have a DVR , so whaddoIcare! Yall know I would have neen rollin in the chat rm about that. Sager to popcorn vendor "Excuse me, Mr Webber? I didnt know u sold popcorn, too?":pound:

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Kobe was complaining about the scratches on his arms.

I'm guessing that was probably from the Hotel.

13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

"Better not get overly happy about Kobes eight TO's. The next time we swipe at the ball that often will likely result in a parade to the foul line."
    ---
    So what are you saying? The refs enjoyed watching the Pistons abuse the Kobes?
    I'm down with it, still the refs are always in the hole to us.