1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

LA Lakers At Detroit - Jan 29 2006

Discussion in 'January 2006 Games' started by max, Oct 18, 2005.

1. max

max All-Star

LA Lakers At Detroit - 6:30pm

TV: WB20/ESPN
    Radio: WDFN

Max's Notes: Pistons swept last seasons series. Have not lost to the Lakers since game #2 of the 2004 NBA Finals.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Comments on the game?
    ~~

2. max

max All-Star

3. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Pistons vs MR. 81~~!Change his uniform number to 8-1!! :laugh: :confused: Think about it!!So geeked. Is this an ABC game?

4. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

ESPN on 5:30 CST:P

5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

If Kobe gets 32 they lose by 20. If Kobe gets 42 they lose by 10. If Kobe gets 52 they lose by 2. Kobe gets 32 or less. Fuzzy math.

6. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

I actually watch the Pistons way more but don't be fooled by Kobe's heroics. Veteran Laker fans are appalled at the team's lack of talent.

The debate is that Kobe shoots too much but then again, who is he suppossed to pass it to? The Lakers big problem is Kubchek. He is not Joe Dumars. Whatever the circumstances, Shaq was given away. The supporting cast was already thin and old. For some reason, (and even Phil buys into this) they feel that Odom will be the key. But other than rebounding, he has shown that he can be no more than a third or fourth option and not a second option. I think they should have traded him.

Jackson has down a remarkable job with this team. Bynum is two years away. Kwame has no offense and sporadic defense. Mihm is a good second team center. Smush has little offensive game. yes, he can hit threes. George was a big mistake (a long-term contract that contributed to their decline). Shasha is ordinary. let me put it this way, who on the Lakers, excluding Kobe, would anyone want to trade for? All that being said, basketball being only a 5 man sport, all they need to do is get one good player and they will be back. Kobe may still be the best non big man. They will be back. It's LA, you know.

But real Laker fans salivate when they watch the Pistons. The organization paniced when they lost to the Pistons. But now we see why. They really are paying a price for mis-reading their playoff loss. If we get by Shaq again this year, he too will have mis-read their loss.

//roscoe: you can make line breaks easy on this board my bruddah!//

7. detteam

detteam All-Star

I hope it's a blowout. I'd like to see Bynum vs Darko for at least 5 minutes.

8. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Me too. We don't need any Kobe heroics in the 4th quarter.

9. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Detteam
    So would I.:eyebrows: The DHOF club better get their excuses ready.:frusty: Bynum is young, but he's the real deal.:nod:

10. Caliban

Caliban First Round Draft Pick

The Backpacker does a 180. 81------------->18. :eyebrows:

11. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

Kobe is coming to town, he will score if you are weak he will score if your bad so the Pistons have to be good for goodnes sake.

This is a Pistons win I feel Kobe may get his average if he is hitting a high % of jumpers. Look for this to be a high scoring affair. My Perdictions of this game Pistons win 110-94. Kobe score 39 points:eyebrows:

12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Cali, do you say what I think you said? And kiss the gunners daughter. Kobes 69, Pistons 90
    Thanks for the TV info BHQ.

13. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

I think Kobe goes for 37. If Tmac can get 43 or whatever on us Kobe will get about the same. The logic on that one is Tmac and Kobe are about in the same boat, great talent without much help. I dont see any other lakobes helping out a whole bunch so Pistons win by 14 98 - 84

14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Chat's open kiddies! Don't fret if it's lonely in there for the first bit, most folks don't start showing up till midway through the 1st Q.
    -

15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

UR WELCOME.BRUDDAH...I had one of my preminitions,,,I feel Kobe will go off for 53 points.... In actuality, I think he will get 33 on 12-33 shooting...champs by 15!!!!

16. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Didn't see the game folks. I'm glad we won. But glancing at the box, i see Chauncey had 6 dimes/6 TO's. I know he's got me spoiled with a A/TO ration of nearly 4, but maybe someone in their recap could let those of us who missed the game know what was up with that! (It seems to me, on a slightly different note, that he's been turning it over a bit more in the past, say 2-3 weeks....whatev...)

17. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Why the Lakers are so sorry? Odem had 9, 8 and 8...tturnovers!! Kwame 4 and 2, Cook 3 of 9FG's....They lucky we took the 4th qtr off...my bruddahs!!

18. detteam

detteam All-Star

scolas

CB played 41 minutes tonight. To me, that's the biggest problem over the last few games. CA hasn't look very good during those games and is getting less PT as a result.

I hope Lindsey's ready to come back SOON.

19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

game report

The Pistons had this one wrapped up with a 20 point lead early 4th quarter. For much of the time after that, we simply ran clock. This game was not as close as the final result indicates.

As expected, CB and Tay did the bulk of guarding Kobe. Kobe did not even sit once in the first half. He ended up with 39, but precious little down the stretch as Tay was right on him. Tay, between guarding Kobe so well, and scoring 19 of his own, was our MVP of this game.

Evans guarded Kobe some, and basically, we could have just let Kobe walk to the basket and lay it in. Was not pretty. Evans has no height. Delfino got a short stint at guarding him, and did fine. The first play with Delfino guarding Kobe resulted in Kobe hurting his hand because he shoved Delfino so hard. But Kobe got the call of course. After that, Delfino got up right on Kobe and bothered his shot.

Dyess again did nothing great, just spelled the bigs. Arroyo came in early in the first quarter, and we scored every time down with him running with the starters. And we got a double digit lead with him in. Can't complain much about that. Meanwhile, Smush had a horrid game, at least up until the 4th quarter when the game was pretty much decided anyway. Smush was in such a shooting slump he would not even shoot a wide open shot. I wonder how much having a total ball hog on the team has to do with that?

The rest of the Laker team was pretty much pointless. Mihm looked good a couple of times, but our bigs locked down on him after that. The Lakers, after Kobe, just ain't much.

We had a very balanced attack between Tay, CB, Rip, and Sheed. Ben got his too off rebounds and other work around the basket. He made 5-9 free throws too. Need more of that from him.

37-5. An amazing season so far. But this is now the 2nd half. Time to prepare for the playoffs. Other than getting Delfino back for a few minutes tonight, no progress on what really matters, getting our bench ready and getting our starters rested.

CB got kneed in the thigh real hard early in the game on an illegal pick. He continued to play, but he was hobbling. Don't be too surprised if he bruises up and has to miss some games.

Tay started out the game hitting a triple, and then pulling up off the dribble to put us up 5-0 early. I think he hit one more outside shot later, and the rest of his scoring came inside.

Yes, we missed a lot of shots early. But you know, I call that practice. It did not lose the game for us. In the end, plenty of shots fell.

Sheed scoring from the post was pretty huge in this one. As was his ability to hit the midrange. Short midrangers just don't miss from him.

Always great fun to watch us smack down the Lake Show. Though just a shell of what they were, they still got Kobe, and that makes it fun enough. GO PISTONS!!!!!

20. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

Re: game report

Hopefully the shape this team keeps themselves in helps and CB doesn't have Shaqitis in his thigh.He took a cut to the chin while diving for a loose ball also.

Man how many times are we gonna dodge a bullet without a starter getting really hurt?We've had a very good run on that.