LA Clippers Nov 9 8PM

Discussion in 'November 2007' started by max, Nov 9, 2007.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well I guess Joe had a talk with the players on the way home last night and they played with a little more conviction. If he told Flip to play AJ, Flip still ignored him by not putting him until the game was in hand and was pretty much over.

How do you expect AJ to learn when he has to play out there with shoot first-pass later Flip jr and tonight's post-up and paint star of the Nazmo:) The 4th quarter was all garbage time and although the Pistons scored 20 points they went at least 5 mins at one stretch trading rebounds.

Naz scored 15 pts and went to the line 8 times.

Other Pistons highlites: Rip 10 assists, Cb six three pointers, Dyess 7-7 from the field in the first half. Max 8 boards. Once again Tay was just there......??

Good comeback win on the second night of a back to back and statment that you are still a team to be reckon with by knocking off an undefeated team. Kaman got off scoring wise, in front of family and friends, but was not able to dominate the boards like he had done in his first four games. Sam E.T Cassell who had 37 points vs the Pacers Wednesday was held to 4 tonight. No Cuttino Mobley and other than Kaman, a lot of misses by Tim Thomas and Al Thorton. :brick:
  2. LA Dre

here is the missing picture that was shown earler...Pistons 98-Clippers 80
    3/11/07 at Staples Center
    [​IMG]

Link to full size
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Fixed your pic Dre and added a link at the bottom to the full size image.
  4. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

One final thought on AJ's play in tonights game.

It appeared to me that he is still not near to being healthy. He said he was 95%. but he may have been talking about the pain and swelling.

As far as his hops go they appeared to me to be about 75% at the most of what they were last year when I saw him play. He also did not seem to have the same spring or antler like gallop in his running as I have seen before.

It could be that he was tentative because he hasn't played very much in live games since last spring.

What ever the reason he still does not look near to 100% of his physical capabilities.

:hoops:
  5. LA Dre

Thanks Roscoe!
  6. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Is it just me or do Nazr and Flip tend to chuck in garbage time? Seems like anytime Nazr gets a pass, you can bet it's heading toward the rim.
  7. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Detroit had a huge rebounding edge tonight: 53-33.
  8. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    No, it's not just you. It's just Nazr. And to the lesser extent Flip.
  9. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

i can't complain about the starters' minutes and i can't complain about the blow out. I can only complain about Rip's issue with the refs. Come on, this affects the whole team's spirit.
  10. mikhail1973

Maybe with Sheed being more quiet, Rip will follow the suit.
  11. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Sheed didn't hold much back when Magette elbowed him in the face and Sheed got the foul. Bavetta took a lot of abuse and let it go.
  12. max

max All-Star

I would rather see Afflalo experiment with shots in garbage time than Murray. I know Afflalo plays but he does not get too many shot attempts in game time.

They were saying last night that the Pistons were 18-5 on the 2nd game of back-backs. Maybe the starters pace themselfs in the 1st game as in Chic last night.

Crushing a West coast team at home is a good way to get ready for a road trip.
  13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Bavetta seems to live in a dream world out there. He sees things that don't happen, doesn't see things that do happen.

You would think that a man who loses a footrace to Charles Barkley wouldn't be refereeing anymore, but it's David Stern's world, and we are just watching it.
  14. mikhail1973

Touche.
  15. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Since NBA referees don't have to run the full length of the court but only half of it then it seems to me that it is okay for Bavetta to continue to officiate as long as Sir Charles hadn't doubled up Bavetta's distance when Sir Charles crossed the finish line. LOL

:hoops:
  16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

YALL PRAYV 4 ME...
    Due to the new family, sometimes I dont get to watch the games until I record them , then replay them at midnight or watch the next morning. Bot anyway, here's my OLDSKOOL REVUE:

1ST QTR: AFter finishing off my 4th beer at 11:23PM, I finally get the kids to sleep (my 13 yr old wanted to finish watching "Polergeist".), I turn on the game. Clips have 4 guys out and 3 probable. Pistons tighten the D early and get some strong play (finally) by Mickey Dee's. I still wish Dyess would go back to bench and let Max ride with the 4so's.
    Dyess is a second qtr stabilizer and maybe that stupid coach of ours will
    see that.

2ND QTR: I am seeing that Blaha has gotten more syruppy than ever when it comes to describing Piston mistakes or fouls. He and Kelser act like guys who know this is their last check. More and more, homer announcers sound like guys who are more intersted in 'sales' than 'the game.' They were really pushing that 'before thnaksgiving' game. Anyway, Pistons sart wearing down Clips and get the lead to the 20. It would be 30, if we made our free throws. Sam I am is a butthead. I knew he wouldnt show tonight.

3rd qtr: Billups decides he wants the rest of the night off by raining 3's on the Clips. sheed's D is impressive and Rip is a pretty good point guard. 10 assists, mostly on the pick and pop to CB and dyess. The camera shows this FOOYINE woman in an open blouse sitting near Astronaut Cassell (a referrence to the Astronaut Jones character on SNL MySpaceTV Videos: Watch and share your favorite videos, trailers, movies, tv shows, music videos, and clips IS this woman? camera man is enamored!!! LOL We see her again in the 4th.

4th QTR: There she is again! anyway....Amir gets his braid-shaved behind in the game and throws two nice entry passes. Nazty has become a black hole. Who's his Daddy? Moses Malone? That guy in #6 is a garbage time punk. Very selfish. He'll be gone by midseason when Stuckey is ready.

OVERALL: Best game Flip has coached in 3 years. Used starters wisely. Attacked clips poor interior defense. Kaman is a trocledyte. ('Caveman!Cavewoman!! TROCLEDYTES!!!) Good game.
    Good beer....

Widmer Hefewiesen

nite all
  17. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Nice Cheerleaders!!!
  18. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

haha HQ i commented about this girls in chat...i said kudos to Joe D. for sending those 2 ladies to sit right next to the clippers' bench!!