LA Clippers Nov 9 8PM

Discussion in 'November 2007' started by max, Nov 9, 2007.

1. max

max All-Star

LA Clippers Nov 9 8PM

tv: tv20
  2. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Is that tonight?

Not looking forward to this one to be honest folks, I would hope to see less starter minutes in the second game of a back to back going into a long WC trip, but at this juncture I am expecting exciting and new ways for Flip Sr. and Co. to start this season off on the wrong note.

Any predictions on how many minutes Amir will get?

My guess: 3

Flipper will put him in in the fourth right after Kaman gets his 6th offensive rebound and puts the Clips up by 15.
  3. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

NBA.com Clippers-Pistons Preview

Looks like Mobley will not play tonight. Both Maggette and Patterson are questionable.

There should be no excuse to lose this game. Keep Kaman off the boards and we should win this game comfortably and get ready for the West Coast trip.
  4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I wonder if bench is going to get more burn tonight, especially with starters putting in all the time against Bulls. I am also interested in how Sheed and Tay are going to play after yesterday's performances. I would look for continuity from Sheed and more offensive involvement from Tay. I would like to see more pt for Afflalo, J-Max, and Amir.
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If the Pistons can't take advantage of a shorthanded Clippers team then they deserve whatever criticism we may possibly lay on them tonight.

Although Mobley wasn't around in the second half of the Pacer game he was the x factor in the previous three games especially coming up big in the 4th quarters (averging 23 pts a game). Patterson was also playing very well on the defensive end so him being sidelined possibly gives the Pistons a break too.

Our bench has to come up big today as we know Sheed and Tay are still probably worn out from last night's frustration..
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

You ever go to Clippers games Dre?
  7. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
  8. LA Dre

I have been going to the Clippers-Pistons game here in LA every year for the past six years cheering my Pistons on. Planning on going on March 1st when the Pistons come to town. Will skip the expensive Laker Piston game next Friday.

My oldest son is a huge Clippers fan and he has a small ticket pakage so I normally go to one or two other random games each season and cheer on the Clippers... :cheerleader:
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Nice picture. Looks like you had good seats.

And JMax was getting PT too.
  10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wow those are some nice seats, buddy.
  11. LA Dre

I removed the picture as it was too large...maybe I will add it later.
  12. linwood

linwood All-Star

:tsk: I didn't get to see it.

:lame:
  13. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Nazr is ready and willing to contribute to that effort. About able to contribute to that effort, that is another story.

:hoops:
  14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

15. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Just what the doctor ordered...a blowout with tons of garbage time to rest the starters. No one played more than 30 minutes; Sheed followed his 42 minute night in Chicago with only 15 tonight. Dice was en fuego in the first quarter, CB lit it up in the third, and the Pistons dominated pretty much the whole game, aside from one brief bad spell in the 2nd quarter. Kaman was unstoppable for L.A. in the first half, but aside from Maggette, he got no help and couldn't keep them in the game. Pistons clamped down on D, dominated the boards 53-33, and moved the ball well enough for 27 assists, Rip leading the way with 10.

With a 21 point lead going into the 4th, Amir finally got off the bench and played the entire quarter. He made two great passes for assists and got one block, but not much else. Let's hope he can get some real burn pretty soon.
  16. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Me either. I was wondering what everyone was talking about? I was looking all over for a darn picture until I saw Dre's last post! :pound:
  17. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

He had about 2 or 3 passes to wide open guys who missed the J.

He also played pretty good D. I think his one block was on Kaman.

He is smart. He is working on the two things that will move him up in the depth charts. His defense and his passing. I think right now he is our best passing big man except for maybe Tay.

When ever you pass the ball into Nazr or Maxey it disappears sometimes into the basket, but rarely for an assist.

The one thing I noticed is that the stronger guys like Kaman, Powell and Davis can push AJ around. He really needs to add about 20 pounds of muscle. He is still young so his body will fill out.

:hoops:
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

At least he is high energy. He just seems to bounce around out there.

Mix him in with the vets and let him clean up their garbage.

Nazr almost had the most FGA's on the team! Weird night.
  19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Good time to slaughter a team. Our stars certainly did not have to play too much tonight. The Clips, they were not really much competition. The overated Kamen got his 3rd rebound as the game quit being a game somewhere in the 3rd quarter. Cassell can be good, for a moment or so before he runs out of gas. Tim Thomas was once feared as an offensive player. And then it just spirals down from there for the Clips.

With the above said, here is who did what vs. this rather weak competition. Mohammed had a good game off the bench. Like I have said, if you challenge Mohammed directly, Mohammed will often win the battle. Kamen pushed Mohammed around a bit at first, but once Kamen started mostly staying stationary with all his fancy moves, Mohammed had his number. And Mohammed even scored on Kamen posting him up. Hey, Kamen is a short center, but still a center. That 3 games already in which Mohammed has scored in the post over a center this season. Mohammed also scored on a cut to the basket, on an offensive rebound, and at the line some.

Dyess did yet another fine defensive job on a center. I still don't like his defense against power forwards for lack of speed, but Dyess has done very well against centers so far this season. On offense, Dyess was on fire to start the game, hitting his first 7 tries. The first one, or second maybe, was a post up move where he faded hard toward the corner. But he made the shot. And then his confidence kicked in and he just kept extending his range as he wished.

While Dyess was continuing his hot shooting to start the 2nd quarter, Flip Murray was in the game with him and doing ok. As far as D, LA was not even scoring. On O, Flip scored a bit, but more importantly, let others shoot the ball. He was not being a ball hog until the 4th quarter.
    CB hit 4 of 4 from 3 land in the 3rd quarter. I guess he wanted an early night. He got it. Sheed did not play all that much. He is going into the post a lot. Tay was a little more aggressive vs. last night anyway. And Rip, some scoring.

Hayes did not do that much. Due to a lot of foul trouble, Hayes played some power forward. Can't be mad about Amir not coming in instead of Hayes, because Flip did play Amir the whole 4th. Good start with the 2 quick assists and the block, but like someone said, Flip and Mohamed were into scoring themselves in the 4th. I guess they just don't see any sense in letting a rookie come in and take their jobs. Oh, Amir is actually a third year player, but his coach seems to still be treating him like a rookie. Let the guy play. And be part of the offense occasionally.

JMAX had a so so game. I am surprised we did not use him to defend Kamen any. JMAX hit a longer range jumper, a short jumper, and played some good D. (Part of that long and near complete shutout Detroit put on LA about the first half of the 2nd quarter.)

Afflalo got a good stretch of time in the 2nd and then again in garbage time. Can't complain there. Matter of fact, the whole bench, not Amir though, got a long burn in the 2nd quarter. We had not won the game yet, but did have a good lead early 2nd quarter. (Largely from Dyess hitting all those shots.) Good job of Flip in keeping his stars minutes down. Afflalo did fine, hit a shot or two, played good D.
  20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I can't get excited over the starters minutes/bench play tonight because it was a function of a blowout. The Clips laid down on the last game of a road trip. Flip does not know how to substitute during a close game. I really wish he could decide on a rotation and follow it instead of the his every game is a blank slate method. Dysse was hitting shots tonight so he wasn't coming out. Last night it was Sheed that he couldn't remove. Next game who knows who it will be, maybe Billups? To me this makes it harder for the player checking in because he's playing with a different group nightly.

LA is way slower and less athletic than Chicago.

I like AA a lot more than I thought I would. He's doing everything but finishing his shots. He's the perfect player to give steady minutes to, coach and be patient with.

Am I the only one who thought it was funny that Flip was deriding Rip in today's papers for his failure to make adjustments to how the refs call the games?