Away L.A. Lakers Sunday Nov 4 2012

Discussion in 'November 2012' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

This game makes me sad.
    del likes this.
  2. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

Why is Prince sucking up the minutes. He has to be the worst player out there.

LFrank. Pull your sh** together son. We ain't gonna win this. So lets use the time to run some cool new plays and give the rooks chemistry time
  3. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

At the half...our starting guards are 0-11.....and kobe has 8 assists already.
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I' m on the road again tomorrow, so I think I will skip the second half and pack my suit case. Down 28 points and I don't see anyway the Pistons win unless DHoward, Kobe and Gasol are kidnapped at the half. Plus I don't want to listen to the laker announcers the rest of the game

The Pistons appear to be just what the doctor ordered for the supposed ailing Lakers...as they closed the first half on 18-4 run.

The positive thing I see so far is that the Pistons bench is outscoring the laker bench 17-6.

Also since my opponent in the Advanced fantasy league has three Pistons on his team: Monroe, Stuckey and Drummond and they have only scored 6 pts, grabbed 7 boards and 4 assists, I should be able to hang on and win the week 6-3...:MusicBigGrin:
    roscoe36 likes this.
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Stuckey 0-6 so far in 25 mins.

Is it even arguable that he is the worst SG in the NBA right now?
    The Low likes this.
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I don't feel like I'm catching a glimpse of the future when I watch the Drummond-Jerebko-Singler front court.

The Lakers have had at least 8 3 man alley-opps through 3 quarters.

This is ridiculous. There was a 6-7 minute stretch of the 3rd quarter where I was laughing at the Pistons the entire time. Tay had an air ball that missed by 6-7' on a pull up jumper. Rodney Stuckey is 1-23 on the year.

Kyle Singler has the same role in the Pistons offense that Larry Bird had with the Celtics.

Whatever happens I hope Frank doesn't try and play Monroe and Drummond together.

Does Frank know that Jerebko and Singler aren't siamese twins? Foosball players have more random interactions.
    TaShawn likes this.
  7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Can't run Monroe and Drummond together because they might have to break up JJ and Singler.

The Pistons have shot some horrific air balls.
  8. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

The PF.com chat was absolutely explosive tonight, but per a bet from said chat I am now obligated to indulge in a six topping pizza the next time a special occasion calls for one (a topping for each Rodney Stuckey missed field goal).
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Laker fans go home happy and will get free tacos at the local Taco Bells for hitting 100 pts. Laker announcers declare that they are contenders now after beating powerhouse Pistons... However studio guy HOF James Worthy did not like the fact that they had to bring the starters back in the 4th......can they win in Utah later this week or do they resort to the problems they had in the first three games and struggle? Boy I hope so.

Can the Pistons regroup and forget about this one and knock off the Nuggets on Tuesday? Once again, boy I hope so.

JJ & Singler looked like the only Pistons engaged in running with the lakers..

Dre tied in the lead with boards with Moose but don't expect him to score with will.i.am running the point.

..When is the last time none of the Pistons starters failed to score in double figures? The bench outscored the starters 52-27.....maybe we need to have Stuckey and the rest of the starters come off the bench to shake up a few things???
  10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

No and mark my words Brandon Knight is Stuckey 2.0. Here's the funny part......at the same point in their careers, Stuckey showed more promise than Brandon.
  11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Your fell off the Knight bandwagon again?
    linwood likes this.
  12. linwood

linwood All-Star

I'm not sure there ate that many toppings. Cab you count exstra, exstra,exstra, exstra cheese?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
  13. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Yes. I seriously cannot stand watching the kid play, nothing about his game screams lottery pick or franchise PG, not now, not at UK, not ever. He benefited from a weak draft. the only good thing about Brandon Knight being the PG for this team, is that it means Rodney Stuckey isn't.
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Wowser.

Tay was -40 in 24 minutes.

Stuckey is now 1-25 from the field in the past 7 months.

Our starting backcourt was 1-14 shooting with 0 FT attempts in 48 min.

Maxiell and Monroe (i.e. the strength of our team) was intentionally keyed upon the entire time they were in the game. Gasol and DHo shot 60% from the field with 30 attempts!

The positives:
    Dwight and Gasol only had 7 rebounds a piece, which is the same number that Monroe and Drummond had.

Our bench played winning basketball against a mix of the Lakers scrubs and their starters (Gasol and Howard played 20 combined min against our bench).

Drummond stood up for himself and showed some pride on defense (drew a charge, battled with Howard by pushing and grappling, blocked a couple shots... even gave us a frustration goal tend). He basically showed that he cares (either he's competitive or he cares about himself and tried to look that way). He tried hard on offense too, but some was ill advised (the over pumped J's for example).

Bynum showed again that he's the best player on the team at creating open shots for himself and others.

English with some nice 3 point touch as he also showed some defensive intensity.

Jerebko was the most active player on the night for us as he hustled, slashed, and battled with the bigs. 9 FTA's was a high on our team. His 18 points was also big as we avoided falling behind by 40 and having it become an ESPN embarrassment.

Singler had a decent all around game going and looked like a guy with a year of pro ball under his belt. He's not great, but he's confident and doesn't force much.

Strained positives:
    Monroe was getting really humiliated early and fought back a little. Went right at Dwight a handful of times with some positive results.

Maxiell started off strong again, but then disappeared. At least it was some contribution. 8 points and 6 boards in less than 20 min is acceptable.

I thought it was sort of funny how Drummond seemed to have been yanked by the coach after making 2 mistakes: 1) took an ill advised jump shot that barely grazed the rim, and 2) gambled on a steal on an entry pass into Howard, where Howard dunked. Monroe and company came right back in and just continued to get murdered in the paint with mistake free, but non athletic defense.

Adjusting for our ineptitude, I still thought that the Lakers' defense looks great. When they get to know each other and get the playoff energy, it will be very difficult to score on them.
  15. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

i guess i should have stuck around.
  16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Another wasted game. Coach did not try for one moment to win the game. Starters nor subs are any good but he won't try different combos to make one or the other work. Good writeups everyone, so I won't go into many details - except remember this - what JJ did right - was as a small forward. With him in, we don't have a power forward in there at all.

Subs looked good - against LA's 3rd string - guys who had not even played yet this year. That ain't much.

Start) Knight, English, Singler, Monroe, Drummond.

2nd unit) Stuckey, (Singler or English staying on for a shooter at shooting guard), Tay, JMAX, Kravtsov (with Drummond or Monroe actually taking these minutes if foul situation permits.)
  17. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

It was AWFUL and painful to watch Jordan Hill getting all the offensive rebounds like he was playing against high school boys...

But I rather lose like this, Monroe shooting 10 times, Knight 8 times, and giving the bench a lot of minutes.. than with Prince 45 minutes and Maxiell another 40..

It's a process, guys, you know it. We all have seen a lot of seasons for this teams, some of you more than some of us, no doubt, but we all have seen a bunch of seasons. It's never easy and we can't expect that suddenly Knight becomes Billups, Monroe becomes Sheed and Drummond becomes Ben Wallace.

It's a process..
    del and roscoe36 like this.
  18. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Man, I don't think I've ever seen a player with a -40. That's impressive. Their starters had 27 points on 11-39 shooting (28.2%). The bench almost doubled up the starters' scoring (52-27). You're not going to win any ballgames doing that. With the exception of JJ and Singler, everyone was awful. If this was a playoff game, Detroit should have started Monroe and Drummond together to combat Howard and Gasol, because those guys dominated Monroe and Maxiell in the first quarter (11 points and 10 points, respectively).

The cold truth of it is that this Lakers team was just more talented than Detroit, especially when Stuckey is hurt. Knight regressed after his decent game against Houston. Their starting offense is completely stagnant right now because Monroe, Maxiell, Stuckey, and Prince are not offensive threats.
  19. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

All I know is that if Knight and Monroe are the focal points of this team's offense, we are going to end up being this year's Wizards and Bobcats. At one point in the 3rd quarter of the PHX game, 401-Tay and Maxiell had combined for TWENTY-FIVE shots! That was pretty much 2/3 of our attempts at that point. Someone should be caned (Not canned, CANED) for allowing that to EVER happen. EVER.

We went nearly the entire 1st quarter in LA without Monroe touching the ball and it's pretty hard to fight back when the other guy is seeing the ball every possession and your teammates are giving you the Ben Wallace treatment.

Stuckey = 8 Million Dollar Paper Weight (Oh wait...he has migraines. My mistake. He's quite valuable. Unfortunately, Excedrin apparently costs 16 Million per year.)

401-Tay is literally becoming Michael Curry right before our eyes. How's THAT for irony? I NEVER care about +/- stats, but MINUS 40???? You should be forcibly retired after a -40 performance.

Can someone forward me the email that forbade Coach Lil' Smokey from putting Monroe and Drummond in the game at the same time? Three games in and they are only getting worse. This is insane. We have young talent, but are NOWHERE near contending...why on earth are we holding on to these BS rotations and delusions of seniority? Hell, AT LEASE Charlie V can put the ball in the basket on occasion. I'd rather see him out there, than giving Maxiel and Prince TWENTY-FIVE shot attempts in ANY game EVER. I think Knight is making an effort, but how many assists do you expect your PG to rack up when he has to pass the ball to Tylenol Jones? Nevermind the fat that coach Tiny Tot decides to make the "game changing" 5 man substitution AFTER we go down by 35. Message well sent, Lil General.
    Walter and BallDon'tLie like this.
  20. del

del Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Great way to back up after one of the worst games in a few seasons - give up 34 in the first quarter of the next.....

....make that 42, 5 minutes into the second quarter and in the bonus at 4mins. Monroe can't even get a turnover by picking the ball up at his feet. Singler passing directly to Metta. Stuckey bricking a layup. Kobe shooting over his head. Swight fumbling the ball through.

We are the Washington Generals and the rest of the league are the Globetrotters.