Home L.A. Lakers Sunday Feb 3 2013

Discussion in 'February 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

If you weren't running this show.......you'd have only 398 likes.

2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:lame::post-sucks::lame::takeitout: :lame::call-police::lame:

3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Can't fault the effort. Very enjoyable game.

I had way less an issue with Artest's flagrant foul than I did Charlie's earlier this year.

Big teams seem to give the Pistons the most trouble now.

The Lakers were ready to play in this one. Kudos to them.

The Pistons will give the Knicks a game tomorrow night.

Did Stuckey ever come back in after he subbed out in the first half? It didn't seem like he played much.

4. BillLaimbeer

World Peace on Brandon Knight:

5. copper

copper Bench Warmer

what an idiot, does he even know what hes saying? That 1 brain cell he has must be sooooooo lonely :dizzy:

6. BillLaimbeer

I missed the play, but BK7 said World Peace punched him and that the league needs to review it.

7. copper

copper Bench Warmer

well from the replay I saw MWP aka dumbass basically headlocks BK after the foul is called on Moose and BK is trying to get his head out and MWP brings his left hand under and right up into BKs head but with an open hand/ kinda like a backhand uppercut. Its fairly obvious and with his past I would defenitely expect a fine from head office on review.

8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

We have Capp Spayce and expiring contracts to make that happen!

Laimbrane and linwood like this.
  9. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Saw a highlight of it, and I'd call it a soft punch. Anything harder and it would have been a fight and he'd have been tossed. Artest is dirty; he's liable to pull something like that at a few times a year. I hope they fine/suspend him, given his history. Good on Brandon for not letting Artest push him around under the rim.

TheeTFD, del and copper like this.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That was one of the more one way altercations I've ever seen. Knight finally used his elbow to try to get out of Artest's headlock before he would have surely been mounted and put in some sort of arm bar submission hold. Artest is probably lucky that Maxiell wasn't watching or he might have started Malice II.

On our final play of the 1st half, I was a little disappointed that Monroe touched up the over and back with time on the clock. A little more awareness would have caused him to hold off for .4 seconds.

What a game though. We were the 49ers and they were the Ravens in terms of the dynamics. Their goal line stand barely held us off.

Such a shame that Drum couldn't have got 2 hands on the final play and returned the favor for the game winner. I can't imagine what GM's out there wouldn't give up their 2nd best player for him straight up without salary ramifications. Probably 15-20 teams out there that would swap their top player.

11. linwood

linwood All-Star

Thanks for posting that vid. I missed the game, checked into ESPN, and only saw Lakers highlights. The only Pistons highlight they showed was Chaz. Lame.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

12. linwood

linwood All-Star

That about sums it up.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Great decision to pass by Dre. It's sad to see that on 2 fastbreaks he initiated tonight that he was sensing that he'd be intentionally fouled and eased up at the ends. At least with this one he made a perfect pass. What a stuff from a PG too.

14. junkyarddog

junkyarddog First Round Draft Pick

Interesting game :

The team showed a lot of heart by comming back from 18 points and nearly get this one.
    Dre is impressing me every game a little bit more : too bad he can't grad this ball at the end.

What was intersting was the rythm of the game. I don't know if it is the Tay effect but the team was running a lot, much more than the previous games. We have the players to do that and BK or Stuck are way more efficient in transition.

On the dark side, we can't have Will holding the ball in the 4th. He has been excelent of the bench this year but, as a rebuilding process, you can't rely on him on a regular basis. I'd rather have BK, or Greg take responsability at the end. But the first one was not involved and the second was waiting on the bench...

I really looking forward seeing Jose play his first game : he will give a lot of easy bucket to Greg, Dre and cie...

At the opposite of some person here, I am still positive about the issue this season : We can still grad the 8th pick in the East although we have a tough schedule upcomming, starting with the NY game. Let's hope we won't see a blowout like the first two games against the knicks

roscoe36 likes this.
  15. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

NOT having Tayshaun Prince in the lineup is good for around 10 more assists per game.
    The ball movement seems much better the last 2 games. It will get even better when Jose takes the wheel.

Without Tay, this team is already much more fun to watch.
    ...addition by subtaction.

Nemo, The Panda, KGREG and 3 others like this.
  16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I hate going to Will Bynum down the stretch, but the truth is......... he's our best option. I still find it laughable that people actually think that Brandon can play SG, he will struggle mightily at that position.

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Knight won the respect of Ronald Artest, so maybe he's tough enough to guard NBA 2's. On offense, he can play the SG position exactly like he was playing the point. In fact, Frank should tell him that he's keeping the starting PG position and then whisper to Calderon that he is really playing the position. They'll both be happy and Knight will never have to know the truth.

TheeTFD and brofmfa like this.
  18. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Knight is fast becoming the best defensive guard we have on the roster. He's already better than Stuckey and Bynum IMO. A Knight-English backcourt is the best defensive one we have right now.

del likes this.
  19. del

del Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Great game to watch, just a pity we couldn't pull it out in the end.

Another really nice game from Singler - did a great job guarding Kobe. Good game from Bynum too, but pity on the last play he went off the high glass as it seemed there was room for Dre, but this didn't cost us the game.

Good game all round, but two real negatives:
    1. The missed bunnies at the rim. We must be the worst in the league at this - is there any way to find stats on shots missed under 2 feet?
    2. JJ's defence. Don't know what is going on as he is playing his better position at the 3 but is just not switched on and it cost a number of easy baskets, including that alley-oop at half time. That was just horrible and he just walks off like everyone missed an assignment.

20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Detroit Pistons team stats for the 2012-2013 season from 82games.com

This is a decent place to start looking. Bunnies isn't a defined category, but you can piece it together a bit from other categories.

My intuition is that Maxiell and Drummond's finishing ability makes our blended finishing rate at least average, even if it is true that we blow other opportunities. Overall, our blended FG% is better than our opponents. It looks like we are better shooters and slightly worse in the paint overall. That should change as Drum's minutes increase.

While on that page, some other interesting tidbits: We have taken 97 charges and only dished out 87. We have a ton more ball handling turnovers than our opponents (Knight and Monroe are the culprits I would imagine).