Home L.A. Lakers Friday, November 29, 2013

Discussion in 'November 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

You may get tired of it, but just like my game reports, where I may report the same thing game after game, if that is what is happening game after game - you will see me, and many others, keep reporting about how silly our coaches are for playing the guys they play. Remember, one of the first guys was Prince, who I said should play over Curry. (And two other guys who should have played ahead of Curry before Prince came along.) I was right then, and right now, and right every time in between. If you do not believe Mitchell should be tried for minutes at supporting our front line - instead of Singler - go ahead and go out on a limb and state your belief now.
  2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

How anyone watching the last 16 games can't see that is beyond me. He's been lit up by every SF in the league except Melo....who had an off night. It's clear that Smith absolutely can not play the SF position, PERIOD! I believe he would make a FANTASTIC PF opposite the right kind of SF- Paul George, Melo, LeBron etc. Smith is a GREAT garbage player who can stuff a stat sheet and can stuff it efficiently if he's your 3rd or 4th option. Now grant it, on THIS team he is indeed the 4th option behind Rodney Stuckey, Brandon Jennings and Greg Monroe; no wonder we're 6-10.
  3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I do NOT believe Mitchell should be tried for minutes at supporting or frontline- instead of Singler.
    #OfficiallyOutOnALimb
    HOWEVER! I DO believe we are in DESPERATE need of a SF upgrade over Kyle Singler. And I am NOT opposed to trading Greg Monroe to make such a thing happen. I also believe that after said trade we can then find minutes for Mitchell at his natural POWER FORWARD position.
  4. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Mitchell is more of a C than a SF. He should get all his minutes at PF.
    Walter likes this.
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

"Rodney White will make people forget about Michael Jordan."
    basketbills likes this.
  6. Mogilny

If you did your homework you'd know he looks like a darn good player in the Bangladesh top league.
    linwood likes this.
  7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Rodney White should have played over Curry. And so should have Brian Cardinal. We gave each of these players away. White went on to have a fairly short, but reasonably successful career. Cardinal did well for several years in the league. Either, if we had played them a bit, could have brought us other players in trade, if we really did not want them on the team.
  8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

We both agree their is a desperate need to replace Singler at backup small forward. But really, he is backing up power forward and center too.

Before we trade Moose away though, we should try other options, such as playing JJ as backup small forward, or Mitchell, or even Datome.
  9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

It's too bad you can't trade with yourself, because the Pistons would give up a boat load to acquire Singler.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

We need a guy who can BALL, for every 1 good thing that those guys can do, there's 5 glaring weaknesses that prohibit them from being good NBA players. The ideal scenario is that KCP actually starts to make shots and we upgrade the SF spot. But if a trade becomes available to acquire a SF OR a SG.....that can put the ball in the hoop AND play defense...take it.
  11. del

del Bench Warmer Forum Donor

This is ridiculous. Every team in the league knows that even with a 10 point lead in the last 5 mins of a game, we will probably roll over.

They also know to go to the player Singler is guarding too. He made Williams into a superstar and Young just did as he pleased in the 4th. The two things Singler should be on the court for is defence and knocking down open shots - two thing he has not done consistently enough all season. Yet he plays 33 mins in this one.

Free throws have been terrible too. Smith was awful in this department, but also his shooting issues continue and him not being able to hit open shots is hurting us too.

Shooting has been identified as an issue for a number of years in Detroit and somehow we have still not done any significant trades to rectify this. We NEED KCP scoring 10-15 a game but as I think Roscoe said, he is the worst best shooter I've ever seen. And still no Datome at SHOOTING FORWARD for pretty much the entire season.
    Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Darko, Delfino, and so on and so on. None of these guys became regular NBA starters, let alone all stars.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I get tired of arguing about glue guys when the stars are having trouble making basic plays.

Anyone who thinks Josh Smith has played good D, well you're entitled to your opinion, but I don't think we're watching the same games.
  13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Darko had many starts, for several teams. (for instance, he had Howard started in tandem for Oralando.) Delfino started tons. Got to do better than that. (And I would suggest moving this to the ex pistons thread if you want to contine the discussion. Just a suggestion.)
  14. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

:cheerlie-GOAL::p welldone::winner first h4h:
  15. Pwn Toney

"I brought water instead of the food because I figured we'd get hungry." #MoCheeksLogic
    roscoe36 likes this.
  16. Pwn Toney

Hunting Trip: "I brought binoculars so we could take down a few bucks..." #MoCheeksLogic
    roscoe36 likes this.
  17. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Can we start a #Moose4Leonard campaign now please?
  18. Pwn Toney

Who is this "Leonard" you speak of?
  19. Mogilny

"I got arrested wearing lipstick to impress a blue-collar fan base." #MoCheeksLogic
    linwood likes this.
  20. Woody

Woody All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013