Home L.A. Lakers Friday, November 29, 2013

Discussion in 'November 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

vs L.A. Lakers

Friday, November 29, 2013 - 7:30 PM Eastern

Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit, MI

LOCAL TV: FS Detroit
    NATIONAL TV:

RADIO: 97.1 FM The Ticket

GO PISTONS!

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I know I am 10 days early on this game thread.....Kobe Bryant still has a bitter taste in his mouth from the five game sweep the Pistons put on his heavily favored future hall of famer loaded squad.

He cheered when the Lakers poured it on in the second half of Sunday's game.

He has been cleared to play and wants to play before the end of the month. Guess what the last game of the month for the Lakers is at the Palace of Auburn Hills. Does he make his debut this weekend in LA or wait to do it in prime time vs the Pistons on the road on Black Friday?

roscoe36 likes this.
  3. LA Dre

OK per rumors and Kobe propaganda, there will be no Black Mamba on Black Friday at the palace this weekend. Kobe plans on making his 2013 debut December 6th vs the Kings..in Sacramento.

The brass at ESPN, are waiting patiently for a Laker confirmation, so that can add the game to the Friday schedule (behind a dreadful Nuggets/Celtics scheduled game) and milk out more ratings.

Meanwhile the Pistons need to keep up with the Defense and lay a revenge smack down on them this Friday..

4. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Since we're in the East and they're in the West...I must assume that we'll lose.

Lakers 108 - Pistons 93

5. roscoe36

Revenge game

6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I totally forgot about AI missing practice on Thanksgiving when he was here.
    Pistons' practice on Thanksgiving follows turkey of a second half | The Detroit News

roscoe36 likes this.
  7. roscoe36

I think someone put drugs in my tea.

8. LA Dre

End of one period, Pistons up 32-31. We are shooting 6-13 from the FT line...with Smith missing 4 and Stuckey 3. The Lakers are hitting 5-10 from beyond the arc...If you leave them open they will shoot it...

9. LA Dre

Pistons down at the half 56-55 as the Lakers pulled the same trick they did to them last year at the half by throwing in an alley oop with less than 2 seconds left. Josh Smith did not move his feet as Wesley Johnson swooped right to the hoop. Johnson having a career night with 18 pts in the first half against whoever is not checking him which we assume is Josh...and whomever refuses to check him at the 3 pt arc where he is already 4-5.

The Pistons led twice by nine...once in the first and once in the second. The Pistons may have set a possible record scoring all of their first half buckets in the paint. That's right you read it right...they did not make a several shot out side the paint missing all of their outside jumpers including 0-6 from beyond the arc. The Lakers meanwhile are 8/17 from beyond the arc....The Pistons were also 7/14 from the FT line, so if we are not withing 3 ft of the bucket it didn't fall.

Four things need to change in the second half..., first hit some shots out the paint...make some free throws and cut down the number of three point attempts by the Lakers, and lastly wake up Josh Smith to play some defense...and hit a FT.

10. roscoe36

A moment ago - roscoe36: Singler is pretty terrible in man to man
    A moment ago - roscoe36: he hustles, but he's easy to score on
    A moment ago - linwood: Singler is playing defense a little like psycho T tonight.
    A moment ago - BillLaimbeer: you could take him off the dribble, rascoe
    A moment ago - roscoe36: I just need to pump fake him once
    A moment ago - roscoe36: and I could take the bus to his house, and make a sandwich in his kitchen
    A moment ago - BillLaimbeer: just hope Drummond isn't in the game when you are driving
    A moment ago - roscoe36: and there wouldnt be a damn thing he could do about it
    A moment ago - LA Dre: :burgereater:
    A moment ago - BillLaimbeer: lol

Lee356 and LA Dre like this.
  11. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Why is Mo Cheeks refusing to put Drum back in? The Lakers are killing us on multiple offensive rebounds and have come all the way back to take the lead. This loss is on Cheeks ...

12. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

Numbers speak for themselves.

I'm glad that Drummond got a double-double with only 16 minutes of game

13. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

luckily for joe dumars and mo cheeks - except from miami and indiana - the rest of eastern conference sucks. already 3rd seed is open to everyone, almost. Yeah, weak eastern conference may save some asses in Pistons organization

14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

In the end, it will probably take about a .500 record (41-41) to make the Eastern Conference #8 seed. The Pistons (6-10, .375) are currently on pace for a 31-51 season.

15. LA Dre

I agree....Dre was dominating the Lakers and he didn't play a second in the 4th quarter. The Pistons scored 78 points in the paint as opposed to the 26 for the Lakers. That was the NBA high for PIP and they still lose....WHY???? FT's and 3 pt shooting (got beat 42-3 from the beyond the arc from the team that leads the the NBA in 3 point makes)

I live here in LA and some guy I didn't even know that was on the Lakers team named Shawne Williams hit 6 threes and Wesley Johnson also hit 6. The Pistons hit 1 the whole game. In fact the Pistons only hit three buckets out side the paint the whole game.

Josh Smith and Kyle Singler could not stop either Williams or Johnson. Josh Smith's 44 minutes of wasted time was even worse on offense 4-16 missing many of his own game high 7 offensive rebounds to go with the 19 he grabbed. 5 turnovers to go with those including the offensive foul to end the chance to tie the game in the end.

Story of the game....Pistons missed 12 FT and Lakers make 14 three pointers to our 1.... Josh has missed 8 straight FT over the last two games. Normally reliable BJ missed two out of three when he fouled on a three attempt near the end.

I am thoroughly disappointed as I rushed home to watch this game and it appeared that with 4 minutes left and a 99-91 lead we had this.....but Mo refused to put Dre in there for some ezy rebounds and buckets and the Lakers close the game from there on a 15-3 run, including 12-0 at one point.

Yep, I already heard my wife on the phone with my Laker4life mother-in-law laughing at our team....and their misguided coach.

I'am officially not lovin Mo's coaching.....at the post game presser he says "well I could have put Dre back in there, but we needed scoring"....I am thinking Dre could have done better than the 7-25 shooting we got from Smith and Singler....

Lets face it ladies and gents, we got no decent shooters on this team.....from the field or the free throw line. When does Billups comeback?? There is no way we should have got swept by a Laker team that had two of the future HOF players in Kobe and Nash sitting on the shelf in both games.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
    jzchen and Lee356 like this.
  16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Well, sitting here about to listen to the explanation from the coach. I do not know what he will say exactyly, but I strongly believe he is going to give a very, very lame excuse.

This coach again put in zero effort in his coaching. He still imagines that Singler can play basketball. Singler gave up tons of points tonight. Either because he is too small to be part of the front line, or way way too slow to guard a perimeter player. Down the stretch, the Lake Show went after Singler every time, and the coach did not make a change despite I am sure every other person on the planet happening to watch the game knowing that Singler had no business being on the floor.

Stuckey scored a ton, again. And again, Stuckey was negative because Singer would readily give back the points. I though it was comical when the announcers said Young made a shot despite good coverage by Singler. Singler and good coverage, thats an oxymoron.

Drummond had a great game going. A bit of foul trouble, and the coach took him out of the game for good very shortly into the 2nd half. And he ended the game with 4 fouls. Drummond happened to be our highest plus player in the game. He had a double double. And yet, coach could not figure out how to get him back into the game.

Moose had a pretty darn good game, starting out with 4 -4. With Smith getting a near triple double - with just short of 20 rebounds, our front line was pretty darn awesome. Defensively, they held Gasol in check real good. And they got around 80 paint points. Yet, our front line failed a lot in this game - because Singler was also part of it. Coach is talking now. He actually thinks his only choice was either having Andre or Monroe in at the end. Nuts. You can use both. And by the way, since we had Singler on Young there at the end, no reason why we could not have brought in Pope in to actually guard the guy.

Smith, as great as he was, must get in the gym and practice his free throws. That hurt us tonight that he missed his first four. But hey, Singler would have managed to give those points away. Drummond, in contrast, hit 3 of 4 from the line in the first half, when the coach allowed him in the game. Good to see that.

Again, if you count Stuckey amongst our starters, our starters were plus 15 at one point in the first half. But of course, our bench is not so good, almost singly because Singler is part of it, providing pretty much zilch on the offensive end, and way below nothing on the defensive end.

Now, I heard that the coach won't look at film from a game? He should. He somehow needs to come out of this dream he is in the middle of, wake up, and find a way to put actual NBA players in for our bench.

Jennings had a ton of assists, lots of point, including some ice in the veins scoring in crunch time. Great. But he still needs to get to the gym and learn how to finish with his right hand from under the basket, when he is to the right of the basket. Once more, we see him shoot the ball left handed, and miss what should have been a very simple layup.

76 paint points tonight is an NBA season high. Now, we just have to quit letting Singler play, and giving all those points right back.

The Panda likes this.
  17. LA Dre

A win by the Lions yesterday, wins by the Wings, Wolverines and Spartans tonight, had Michigan fans feeling good this weekend....I believe in karma and win by the Pistons tonight may have carried over to Wolverine football win over Ohio State tomorrow :bs:

18. roscoe36

Drummond scored 13 pts in 16 minutes and coach didn't play him because the Pistons needed "scoring".

Pwn Toney likes this.
  19. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Personnel issues. Coaching issues. This can't go on for long.

If this team is going to lose, let's have the franchise player out on the floor (Drummond). Singler is in for offense? Singler does not have a steady NBA shot. And neither does Pope or Siva. Those three along with Bynum should have limited minutes. Yes, when is Billips coming back?

The Pistons pounded the Lakers with the front line (good) and Jennings feed into that. Good. But the not so good is that the Pistons (according to the Laker announcers) did not hit a shot outside the paint in the entire first half? They said that they had never seen this in the NBA??? This is very, very bad and points to a critical need for personnel changes.

The missed free throws. I put some of the blame (outside of Andre's) on poor coaching. It is indicative of the lack of discipline instilled in the team. The team has not built up the cohesion and focus to win games. Free throw shooting is indicative of much that goes wrong in games--a lot of little things that can't be recounted. It was not just the few plays at the end where Stuckey missed (he has never been a closer) and Josh missed by not taking the jumper. The team is poor in shooting but what is worse, the players now hesitate to shoot. It was good to see Jennings make some key plays down the stretch but he has not brought enough offensively to let him off the hook either.

Personnel issues. Coaching issues. Jennings is learning to distribute. He can hit a shot. But his offense (finishing at the rim, developing a floater needs to improve). He has to be better as an offensive point guard to make up for his lack of defense. He is too easily screened off of plays. And he is too easily trapped when he has the ball.

Back to coaching. The coach thinks that you just need to protect the lane and guys will sooner or later miss open looks on the outside. Not in this NBA. He does not use his personnel to advantage. The Pistons did not play with a sense of urgency on defense that a team with a 6-9 record should. At home, you close out shooters. The Pistons should never play without at least two of the bigs in the lineup. But this happens a lot. Use your personnel to your advantage.

At 6-10, the team would have to win 9 of the next 14 to get back to .500 by the 30 game mark. At 30 games, historically, you generally have a feel for where the team is in relation to the league.

Lee356 likes this.
  20. LA Dre

If this is true, he should be canned on general principles....there are a lot of mistakes from these players and rotations that he can learn from.
    You have to wonder if Mo actually reviews the games stats during the game and if he listens to the assistants. Every game I have attended at Staples and the Fabulous Forum, stats are handed out at the end of the quarter to every coach, news media and any fan along court side who paid $1000.

Somebody has to clue this guy in during timeouts...of who's hot and who's not...Dre was even our best FT shooter tonight hitting 3 out of 4