Away L.A. Clippers Sunday Mar 10 2013

Discussion in 'March 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

at L.A. Clippers

Sunday Mar 10 2013 - 9:30 PM EST

Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA

TV: FS Detroit

RADIO: 97.1FM

GO PISTONS!

2. roscoe36

3. roscoe36

4. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

So, anyone know when Monroe will start trying on defense this month? :swear2:

5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Pistons got totally punked by the Clippers. This was one of the most embarrassing losses that I have ever witnessed.

6. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Not the first time, won't be the last. As long as we have Monroe and Maxiell as the starting "bigs" athletes like Griffin, Jordan, McGee etc. are going to continue to get the highlights against us. The Spurs loss was worse in terms of the scoreboard, but the embarrassment factor was higher here because of the dunks.

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The
    The wife, son, and mother in law attended this game and they called me at halftime to tell me they were enjoying it.
    I am in Phoenix and had to suffer through it via my cell phone. Look like a regular dunk a thon with seven Clips scoring in double figures. Brian Hill will never be a head coach again.

8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Pretty bad loss. Worse, our coaching staff did not notice. They changed nothing in the 2nd half. And they won't change anything for next game. Basically, the coaching staff is far too lazy to care, no effort at all.

Nice to see Calderon make and take a bunch of shots. Horrible to see Bynum call his number excessively, even in garbage time. Middleton keeps finding new ways to score. Singler and JJ were pretty much worthless in this one.

To start JMAX against the Clips front line - and then to bring in JJ as his sub - totally nonsensical.

No English until the last five minutes, even though we were down 30 way early. And Bynum never comes out of the game to see if the bench can improve without him. Its like the coaches have him there to ensure we lose, just in case the disfunctional starting unit does anything.

In a totally zero effort season by the coaches, I bet they will blame this one again on team effort. Yes, if you include the coaches, who are so negative in terms of efforts, and weigh that against the players who try there best, sure, I guess it still comes out pretty darn negative. You can't get worse coaching.

The announcers keep mentioning how effective the Clips are with a spread floor. Hint, hint. Hey, they use 2 bigs surrounded by 3 shooter. And hey, we have guys on our team who at least can compete, if you put them out there in logical units.

Start Calderon, English, Middleton, Kravtsov, Monroe. Two bigs, surrounded by 3 shooters. Its not rocket science. Look at what works in the league, and do your best to mimic it. When Drummond comes back, start him. Fire the coaching staff meanwhile and get ones who care at least the slightest about putting effort into their jobs.

9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The Pistons as currently built just can't compete against teams like the Clippers who are bigger and more athaletic.

Anyone remember the first few games Drummond was out when it seemed like they wouldn't miss him? How long has he been out? I'm not buying the non-severity of his injury either.

Every time Jerebko misses a layup I think of lapistons wondering who is working with him.

I thought it was 2006 with the way Caron Butler was playing.

Chauncey is in his 20th year and is still much better than Stuckey.

What a dunk Chuckle's had off the alley-oop from Calderon.

10. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

That was putrid.

11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

How many times did we get dunked on? Is bk ok after that youtubization?

12. MARK MADSEN!

MARK MADSEN! First Round Draft Pick

13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

TheYvonne
    May not matter how many dunks the Clippers got as they are all secondary since the DJ dunk over BK7 is already being called the "dunk of the year"

14. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

As a fan of NBA basketball, that lob to Jordan and subsequent dunk over BK-7 was absolutely FILTHY!

As a Pistons fan, I gotta give mad props to Brandon for going up there and trying to contest that thing. If you watched the replay, that highlight was just shy of being a "block of the year" candidate rather than a "dunk of the year" candidate.

BTW, props to Charlie for making that highlight possible by leaving Jordan free to roam the lane un-checked.

This was one of the hardest Piston games that I've ever had to watch.,

brofmfa likes this.
  15. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Only one Clipper played more than 30 minutes, yet 7 scored in double figures.
    A .625 scoring percentage....was their hoop set at 9ft........

16. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Ernie, yes, the Pistons really miss Drummond. Not that they would win many more games right now, but Drummond allows the team to compete athletically.

Right, another JJ wild hook shot into the lane. If I were his coach, I would pull him every time he did that.

The team is losing too late. Realistically, the Pistons draft at 10 or 11.

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The jj hook is ugly and ineffective. He nees to replace it with a baby hook.

18. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

How does one evaluate the coaches' effort level from watching a basketball game?

19. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Simple - if they win, the coach is awesome. If they lose, the coach is a bum and deserves to be fired. Thankfully, there is no in-between.

coynejeremy likes this.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I found this amusing (from Det Bad Boys)
    This is right after Knight called the team out for their effort a few nights ago.

They clearly aren't directing it at Calderon. Probably not Singler, Maxiell, or Bynum. That doesn't leave many guys left. You gonna call out Villanueva, Stuckey, Middleton, and Kravtsov in the media?

Time to look in the mirror boys. When you get dunked on 16 times, many would take a look at who is manning the center position.

The Panda likes this.