1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Kyle Singler starting??

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Am I the only one who sees Singler's natural position as a 4?

2. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

The guard rotations have been :deadhorse

But, despite nobody seems to mention it, I think our starting SF is Jerebko with Daye coming off the bench. Singler rides the pine or plays as needed. I really think Jerebko is more of a SF than a PF.

3. del

del Team Captain Forum Donor

Admittedly I didn't liked Daye's defensive effort last season, but then I didn't like our whole team's defensive effort and I think with a more settled rotation, he might get better.

A lot of the time he came on at sporadic times and I think he lost his way in the defence because of that. Reckon he would have found it hard to work with his ever-changing team mates on the floor, for the 4 or so minutes he would get here and there.

On the other end, I though he performed well when he was given enough time to work into the game, with some sets run for him and not just playing the last two minutes of the half and forcing up a shot.

All in all, if Prince is not there, he should get given a decent crack to see whether he can take that next step.

I agree that Jarebko is probably better suited to SF as well, so if we could somehow find a starting PF, them sharing the minutes would be better.

4. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

With the weight he gained he'll probably work fine in both roles and I don't want to see Garbage or Max starting so until we add another big playing him at PF is the obvious choice to me.

5. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Our organization is officially hopeless if we do this.

No doubt. I think it should come down to training camp and whether he or Daye wants the spot more.

This post is 100% correct, and yet it makes me want to weep for the cluelessness the org has shown lately. Joe Dumars, meet our lottery-pick POWER FORWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I don't know, if I had to chose if Monroe is a 4 or a 5 I would say he was a 5. That is where he had success last year. (Although he did seem to play with Ben a lot so maybe I'm wrong.)

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think he'll get a ton of PT, but he's only 19 right? 1 year of college bball where he turned the ball over way more than he should have.

We don't need to kill his confidence by having him get off to a horrendous start. This is one situation where I'd suggest that we ease him into the role. He's going to be confused as heck for a while I'd imagine.

8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I see Daye as a SF and Jerebko as a PF. Moving Daye to SG or Jerebko to SF will expose their lack of lateral quickness against most teams.

Adding a serious defensive big guy in the middle helps erase mistakes and makes all of the defenders look better (think Big Ben and Sheed back in the day).

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

A real problem is that with Monroe at C and Jerebko at PF, we will have no shot blocking.

10. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Yep.

They passed up another Rodman (Leonard) and after a few weeks would have been starting because he makes everyone honest. This did not get by San Antonio...they new better. It forced Pop to trade his favorite player!

On second thought:
    • San Antonio is just plain LUCKY
    • Pop is just plain LUCKY
    • R.C. Buford is just plain LUCKY

11. pass99

And you have no scoring. Let us project: Monroe will get heavy attention on getting big bodies on him. Moving him away from the rim gets serious attention. Why? Because who is rebounding? Who has the quickness (like Rodman) to athletically move anywhere in helping out: the 5/4; the driving 2; or the long shot from the PG. JMax has lost energy. JJ will be pushed in, because he doesn't have any close-basket moves and the leapers will push him aside and go over him. Daye and CV will be floating out on the perimeter somewhere. Gordon will shrug his shoulders and just shoot on the perimeter and maybe use the best floater in the business. Stucky at the two will not feel comfortable about movement (ala Rip) to get open, so he settles for mid-range shots after his continuous probing on driving into the lane (ball on hip).

And where is your defense coming from?

JD has a very big trading circus ahead of him. However, we could just concentrate on value and obtain some more guards.

12. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Jerebko-Monroe-Macklin front court just might be much better than a Daye-Jerebko-Monroe front court.

13. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I'm ok with any lineup containing Cracklin' Macklin.

14. pass99

And you call this a team progression? The ice is so thin here, that even the minnows are taking lessons from whales on how to blow bubbles.

White Whale Blowing Bubbles - Visboo

Once this happens, anything is possible. The locals will explode and some will expand this reaction as a new form a value language.