Kool Aid Shortage

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Nov 20, 2005.

1. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i think we have a different definition of commands a double team. tim duncan, shaq, kg, lebron command double teams. rip rarely gets double teamed, chauncey gets double teamed if he's abusing a pg in the post but other than that nobody gets an automatic double team unless they run off 4 straight buckets. tay is the closest thing to someone that commands a double team on the pistons. the pistons are rarely double teamed and it doesn't matter because our offense doesn't rely on it.
  2. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

not really.

I just think the players you mentioned get doubled teamed because most teams figure out quickly that the offense runs through those players. The thought is...let someone else beat us, not the star. That's a philosophy that is not applicable against our team. We don't have a particular star(s) that a team can focus on to neutralize, they really have to stop all of the starters for our offense to stall. Our four offensive weapons in our starting lineup could easily be featured on offense on another type of team. That's why I don't buy your conclusion that we don't have anyone one in our starting lineup that is double team worthy.
  3. bball jay

yes on another team they might draw double teams. but on the pistons they simply don't draw double teams. but we are proving the same point that our piston offense doesn't rely on double teams.

so that means the bench doesn't need someone to get double teamed to be effective.
  4. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

...except that you can't compare the bench to the first unit. Not even close.
  5. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Have something against Delfino? Now why in the world would that be the case? I'll tellya what. If Delfino has a productive year that would just about break even. Especially after all the shenanigans he pulled last year. My memory ain't so short. I wish him the best as long as he's a Piston but he is definitely prime trade bait in my book.

Not sure what you mean with your "bandwagon" comment. I have no problem with Dice, yet I recognize his defensive deficiencies. If you are using the term "bandwagon" in the same sentence with "Delfino," have no fear; Mad Hatter won't be on that bandwagon at all. But you can bet my seat is reserved in the lounge car of the championship train. Got your ticket yet?
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Is it just me or do teams rarely double team us. Because we are sound and unselfish off. and will pass out of a jam for an easy duece.
  7. bball jay

we got rid of the problem delfino had and he's a totally different player. so is the rest of the bench. why hold that against him?? your memory should remember the coach that was causing all the problems too then. maybe your memory isn't short but it is selective.

what i mean by bandwagon is that our bench is real strong. you calling it weak in the first week of games without really seeing it play. the bench needs time to get things together they have the tools. i'm just saying don't flip up and start praising the bench once they get rolling.
  8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I'm starting to like Delfino. I don't know much about his attitude or anything, but he seems to be doing pretty well on the court so far.

I hope Flip will start playing the bench more in the near future if it's feasible. I know it's a tough balance deciding when putting them in helps the team more than it hurts them and when leaving them out hurts them more than it helps them.

Uggghhhhh. Did I just say that? I feel like Yogi Bera. :wacko:
  9. detteam

detteam All-Star

LOL!!! That sounded like a Yogism to me too! I hate to say it, but I actually understand and agree with what you said. That dilemma is what Flip's job is all about.