Kobe vs Shaq Finals....???

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dlev59, May 4, 2006.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

If the Lakers eliminate Phoenix tonight, one of the LA teams would be in the Western Conference Finals. I wonder which team the NBA and the media would like to see there?

If the Heat manage to hold off self destructing to make it to the ECF against our Pistons, we would be just one series away from a Shaq / Kobe Finals.

The basketball gods, David Stern, Nike, Icy Hot, you name it would be ecstatic. It would be a circus. The Shaq vs Kobe internal battle with the Lakers would become Shaq`s team vs Kobe`s team for the NBA Championship.

I am not suggesting the NBA would attempt to make this happen, however, if the situation would present itself,........ie close series, perhaps, 7th game game on the line, who do you think would get the call?

I personally would be so upset that The Pistons were not in the Finals, I doubt if I would even watch it, well maybe the 1st game and that`s it.

Anyway, for now bring on the Cav`s or Wiz.........
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Dlev on one hand it would be a great nba marketing/success story if the Clippers once the 'butt" of the NBA would make to the WCF let alone the finals it self, but like your home boyz on PTI said today, it is all about facial superstars in the NBA, and Kobe would get the nod because he is a ticket seller that everyone loves to hate!:P, so somebody upstaris would give the word to the ref crew....

Then the drama of having Kobe vs Shaq, big baby vs big baby and then newborn baby girl vs newborn baby girl would also have some tie in with gerber and the NBA, to make mo money, and mo money:eyebrows:
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm really not one for NBA conspiracies because that lets them off the hook for being inept.

If there was a conspiracy, the Orlando Magic would have made the playoffs and somehow been seeded higher in the Finals than the 8th best West team. With 4 home games in Orlando, Arroyomania would net billions.

Yeah, Yao vs. Darko. International revenues would be off the charts.
  4. justise32

justise32 First Round Draft Pick

Hey! Stop that!!! :frusty:
    Don't give them any ideas.:doh:
  5. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

If the Lakers appear headed toward the Finals and we are matched up with the Heat in the EC Finals we might have a hard time..

Shaq will be granted a camping permit and the officials will help him pitch his tent.

Lane violations on Shaq free throws will be strictly enforced giving Shaq 4 or 5 attempts to "split the pair"

At least a couple of fouls per game will be called on Ben's head (for hitting Shaq's elbow)

If any of the Pistons start complaining about the calls the officials will be instructed to say "you want some cheese with that Whine" and immediately T them up.

Flip will get T'd up for facial contortions and then kicked out of the game for continuing to do so. Lame duck Sid Lowe will be forced to fill in.