Kirilenko + Okur for RIP + Nazr + Delfino

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by chasingthering, Jun 13, 2007.

1. chasingthering

chasingthering Second Round Draft Pick

Kirilenko + Okur for RIP + Nazr + Delfino + Capfiller
    Utah and Detroit need to do something this Offseason. And not a fire sale. This gives decent value to both teams.
    Pros:
    Okur fills up the center and we would have a very dangerous front court with Wallace- both are good shooters. A major problem solved. Okur has proven he can wrestle with Yao and Duncan, so he can do the same with Howard, Bosh, Shaq and O'neal. We know Okur loves Detroit and Detroit fans and Dumars would like Okur back.
    Also Kirilenko could go back to AK47 days with the "D for Detroit" defense team. I am sure AK would play here much better than he did last season there and that would make Detroit the best defense team. And on top of that, Billups, Prince, Wallace and Okur makes good offense as well.
    Dumars have re-created a good player from depleted with Wallace, he can do that with AK too. AK was a franchise player till Deron Williams and Carlos Boozer created an anti-European climate there.

Cons:
    We would be loosing Hamilton. No doubt this hurts. Thats the price to pay. We will be a bit low on the 2 position. We will look out to get a FA with the MLE- which shouldnt be very hard. SGs are easier to find than centers.
    There is a risk involved around AK but it appears to be well worth it. Bad contract of AK is partially compensated by Nazr's contract.
    Note: a small capfiller is still needed to enable this trade.

What do you think?
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Okur + Sheed = a lot of 3-point shooting by 6-11 guys.

I'm down for it though.
  3. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

I couldn't say yes fast enough.

Especially since there seems to be about 30 very very good SG prospects in this draft.
  4. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Is Utah going to trade 2/3 of their starting frontcourt without getting any really productive big men back? It's true that SG is Utah's biggest hole, and getting an All-Star at that position could be a deadly combo with Deron. But who would be left to fill the big man void for them?
  5. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Okur disappeared in the playoffs. He was decent in the 1st round and it went downhill from there. He was a non-factor against Spurs. Kirilenko is soft. He was crying about not getting the minutes when he wasn't producing. He is a very good defender and shot blocker. However, his offensive game is limited. I don't necessarily agree that this trade would improve Pistons to the point where it would have made sense to go through with it.
  6. chasingthering

Sloan system does not require a top center. Biggest hole is SG and Hamilton is the cure for it.
    Deron and Carlos totally aleinated AK from his excellent days and the locker room drama after the Spurs loss on Game 5 showed that there's no hope for AK / Deron and Carlos playing together in harmony.
    Okur can opt out of his contract in 2009 and Jazz giving Deron max salary next summer, I dont think they can afford to keep him. And he would guess when AK is gone, its his turn in the team to be aleinated by the new Malone/Stockton duo.
    Why wouldnt we be the team to benefit from the locker room drama happening in Utah?
    I'd say some sweeteners can be added to the deal to convince Jazz and this would bring us real youth, solid and proven players.
  7. chasingthering

mikhail, you are not expecting to receive Dwight and LeBron for Hamilton + Nazr, are you?

I still think the deal needs to be sweetened a bit to convince Jazz..
  8. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Ok Flip Murray and Minny's #2 next year.
  9. mikhail1973

I'm not expecting anything. But I wouldn't want to do a trade for sake of making a trade. What does that trade give us? So far I haven't seen a single benefit.
  10. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

NO to trading Rip, especially if we do not receive a SG in return.

Okur is not very good at either PF or C. Kirilenko is a nice smallball PF, an average SF, and very injury-prone either way. Rip is a better player than both of them combined.
  11. chasingthering

are we expecting to get a better center this offseason? what can we offer Houston for Yao?
  12. mikhail1973

Lets get real. Houston is not going to trade Yao. Also, why do we necessarily want him? He doesn't have the stamina to produce for 82 games + playoffs. If we want to talk trades, lets talk something sensible, something that helps us not just a trade for the sake of trade.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think that technically, the Chinese government would have to approve it. We'd also probably have to change our colors to red and white.
  14. mikhail1973

:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:
  15. chasingthering

Addition of Okur and AK can make us a much better team instantly. A good defending and shooting center is rare and we have a huge gap to fill there. AK is a risky move but reward is just greater.
  16. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Seems to present more holes than fingers. Still no center that bangs in the post. Still no speed at PG, starting or otherwise. Now, no shooting guard either.
    How does it look with Tay instead of Rip.
  17. Maverick

Maverick First Round Draft Pick

I think tay would fit better then rip .. because I dont think we can trade away all of our SG at one time.. somehow either delfino or rip has to come out for that trade to happen
  18. J-Train

J-Train Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Utah wouldn't touch that deal. They're looking at Cook, Bellini, Affalo, Almond, or young falling to them during the draft. They also have Brewer, who looks promising. Why would they give up their all-star bigman for a slight upgrade on a redundant part?
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

How about dropping the bid for Okur and just concentrating on getting Kirilenko?

CB, Rip, Tay, AK, and Sheed would be a pretty good defensive unit to go small with.
  20. Pistons33311

Pistons33311 Second Round Draft Pick

Sounds stupid. Does Kirilenko even score anymore? Does Okur even post up at all? The two things Dumars said he would like most. RIP's quality regarding salary and production in the playoffs was probably higher than them two put together.