Josh smith talks

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

Monroe is a smart cerebral player. He doesn't like what he's seen from the Pistons. It will take more than money for his next team to sign him. I'm still hoping we're in the running, but we really only have til the start of the season to impress him...(with our draft and different roster). I believe he'll be leaving us for greener pastures.
  2. McQuack

McQuack Bench Warmer

Monroe will be a RFA, so we can match ANY offer on him when his contract is up. So it will be safe to say: Monroe will not leave us, and if he do - we'll get something in return (via trade).
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

How do you know what Monroe likes from the Pistons?
  4. Nemo

You really don't know who I am Bill...do you...:)
  5. wilson2k3

wilson2k3 Second Round Draft Pick

*First post. I really don't get how it would be a good move for the Pistons trading Monroe for a player like Rondo coming off a season ending ACl, which I think he'll end up missing part of this coming season I'm guessing, and if not he might only be a shell of what he once was. Rondo is good, but getting rid of Monroe is basically trading a younger star for an older star coming off a major injury and then it leaves a major void for the Pistons, then needing a big man to fill Monroe's void.

And as it looks I don't see the Pistons signing Smith, or Iggy, if we miss on both of those guys, besides Dumars not even attempting to go after Howard (why not go after him, you would instantly have the most dominate front court in the NBA, something no other team could really match, and it would be a no doubter being Howards team and no one else, not that I like him though). What then? Big cap room and no one to spend on besides average nobody players, sounds like Gordon and Charlie V all over again... Most reports I've seen it doesn't sound as if the Pistons are real contenders for any big name players.

And lets face the facts. It doesn't help that the Pistons are no longer a "sexy" franchise, or for that matter popular anymore beyond the Bad Boys. We don't have a new stadium coming like the Warriors do, we don't have a newer arena like the Rockets do, at the moment over the past years we have one of the worst running attendance records, the fan base at times looks to be on life support (blame the job market, blame the poor cities surrounding the area, and blame the horrible team), our GM Joe Dumars doesn't help the cause when he fires coaches every year or 2, so which big star wants to play for a new coach every year? Not to mention the years of bad drafting, bad FA signings, bad trades ect. We have so many things going wrong with the franchise, it just doesn't help. Of course winning changes everything right?
    roscoe36, The Panda, raxrets and 2 others like this.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Welcome to forum wilson2k3...:welcome: good first post!!
    linwood likes this.
  7. McQuack

McQuack Bench Warmer

Welcome Wilson! :)

Interesting thoughts. However, I don't agree with you on Dwight Howard. Would've been a waste of time. There is just no way we could've competed with the Rockets. Also, isn't Dwight - just like Rondo - an unsafe bet, since we cannot know if he'll reach his old, pre-back injury self ever again?

I also agree with Dumars on the firing of Frank. He failed at everything last season. He neither played our young players (enough) or won enough games to make the playoffs. Even after a full season, we have no idea if Monroe and Drummond will ever fit together. Oh, he did win some meaningless games at the season's end, and ruined our lottery chances doing so.
  8. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good point. He's majorly dependent on quickness since he can't shoot and may have a bum ankle forever.
  9. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

We currently have a major void at PG. Which is a pretty important position since I doubt Jose will resign here. Rondo is one of the best PG's in the league. ACL injuries are not what they once were, properly rehabbed, there is usually only a very slight impact on explosiveness/movement.
  10. BillLaimbeer

Mike Abdenuer?
  11. BillLaimbeer

Now that Houston has Dwight Howard, the Rockets will be looking to move Omer Asik to Atlanta for a sign-and-trade with Josh Smith.
  12. Nemo

I'm in this video Bill...

13. Nemo

The one above...
  14. wilson2k3

wilson2k3 Second Round Draft Pick

If we have a major void at PG we should of drafted Burke to start with, given that we already have 2 decent young bigs down low, Burke would of had it made. Shooters can be found via FA, and some come quite cheap. Players like Rip Hamilton in my view are a dime a dozen out of college, sure only a select few ever become the Reggie Millers or Ray Allens of the league. I sure wouldn't look to a PG coming off a major injury though. If Rondo was healthy on the other hand, he would be worth everything the Pistons had to offer. Given how well he played in the playoffs I think Rondo was the best PG in the league. Better then Rose even.

And your right about Jose, all the reports I seen say hes looking for a contender. Doubt hes the answer anyway.
    Nemo likes this.
  15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't think we have a major void. We have last year's starter. We have the PG from the National Championship team. We have Will I Am Bynumite (probably).
    linwood likes this.
  16. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

That is a totally trash argument. I'm sorry. Everyone here is so high on Burke. He doesn't fill anything. He is a short, non athletic point guard. Yeah, he is driven. Yeah, he can ball. But so can every other guy in the NBA. KCP was a good draft pick. In fact, I think he was probably the BPA.

Rondo will be healthy again. And he will have something to prove.
    Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I am starting to get the desperate and depressed feeling regarding the Pistons again that I've come to know so well o'er the years.
  18. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

I'd have to agree, I'm NOT a Rudy Gay fan, (yes I was a Darko fanboy). I watched a lot of Rudy Gay when I was watching the Grizzlies when Darko was traded there and I can tell you, He's a volume scorer that NEVER looks for his teammates. He's never seen a shot he doesn't like and I'm not sure you want a black hole on offense if you are re-building with a young team. I REALLY WANT NO PART OF GAY !!!!
  19. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

I'm just curious, everyone around the league has been kissing D12's butt for the last couple years, does anyone think that Andre has the potential to be a Howard type player? Perhaps even better offensively? Dwight's offense has all been DUNKS, he's been in a league 8 years or so and never gotten an offensive game, I saw some signs from Andre. Is there a chance he can become the best center in the east or a top 3 center in the league? Wouldn't that get everyone excited about the Pistons AGAIN?
  20. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Rein it in amigo.