Breaking News Josh Smith Signs With Pistons...

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by markie8002000, Jul 6, 2013.

1. wilson2k3

wilson2k3 Second Round Draft Pick

I'll say its going to take more then just Smith and the current team to make any splash, were looking at being an 8 seed at best right now. It is shocking he actually signed here, I'm guessing he wasn't getting big offers from anyone. Always been a fan of his though, and I never thought he would sign as cheap as 56 million. Considering Smith's former team mate Joe Johnson signed a 70 million, and then 6 year 119 million dollar deal, so 14m per year is a lot cheaper then 19, good deal for Detroit. Glad its not long term, 4 years is good.

Any news on the "sign and trade" part of it? Hope were not giving up much.
  2. vincy4fish98

vincy4fish98 Bench Warmer

Our front line has a lot of beef. If we have to have a PG can we bring back Cbill and let him run the ship? He is not what he was but he can still run the show for limited stretches and teach young BK.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

We're probably not done yet in FA. Have get the big deals out of the way first.

Smith signing here gives Joe some credibility.
  4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

KGREG IS REALLY REALLY REALLY HAPPY!!!! Christmas in July!
    linwood and The Panda like this.
  5. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

coynejeremy likes this.
  6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Me too Scoe......me too :tear:
    armygirl and linwood like this.
  7. MARK MADSEN!

MARK MADSEN! First Round Draft Pick

There is reason to be happy with this move. he is a bigger name and the probably brings a big deal of excitement to the most boring team in the league.

But this is a terrible fit as is. Unless there is another move in the books. And I mean movebigger than resigning Bynum. But congrats to actually attracting someone.

We NEED to spread the floor. I want to think about who is left, and all I can think about (lol) is JR Smith.
  8. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I know it is Saturday, but can we put down the crack pipes long enough to say that Andre Drummond isn't coming off the bench.

@Keith_Langlois: And in that story, @DRE_DRUMMOND_ talks about his expanding confidence with the ball. Just showed it. Spun into lane & scored with his left
    Twitter / Keith_Langlois: And in that story, @DRE_DRUMMOND_ ...
    The Panda and coynejeremy like this.
  9. roscoe36

I don't expect him to. I expect our current 3 bigs to play the 3 frontcourt positions.

If everyone is healthy, we should be awesome in the paint this year.
  10. McQuack

McQuack Bench Warmer

Someone whispered that Rajon Rondo and Josh Smith are good friends, and would love to play together. Not sure if it's true though.
  11. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Playing those 3 at there max mins it still means that Smith only plays 12-18 mins at the 3 anyways, the rest of the game he'll play at the 4 I'm guessing to cover Monroe and Drummonds rest breaks.
  12. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

It was Wiggles who whispered this...from afar.
  13. Ernie the Slow Adult

They were HS teammates.
    detteam likes this.
  14. detteam

detteam All-Star

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  15. Ernie the Slow Adult

I 1/2 want to and am half terrified to go look at the Welcome Ben Gordon thread to see the reactions.

I'm wandering around like Rainman muttering Roscoe's paraphrased quote from some other thread about Let me enjoy at least one day.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  16. roscoe36

I am all zen brother. I know people wanted us to draft different, will criticize every move and non-move.

Doesn't matter to me. We got some great new Pistons, and I think Mo won't be as bad as the last 3 coaches so maybe we're going to improve and that's something to look forward to this year.

No one can bring me off this high.
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

I think they'll have a new style of play also. What's been bad about these last few years is that they've been a set shot shooting team that couldn't execute.

Don't look at the Ben Gordon thread. Enjoy the moment!.....Don't look at the Ben Gordon thread.......Enjoy the moment!.....Don't look at the Ben Gordon thread. Enjoy the moment!.....Don't look at the Ben Gordon thread. Enjoy the moment!.....Don't look at the.....
  18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I would get at least three medical opinions to determine what is the worst case scenario of Rondo's return. If we were to give up both Knight and Monroe, are we relying on Stuckey or Bynum to run the point until Rondo is ready. Plus we may be giving up our best 3 point shooter....unless Singler inproves his stroke or BoT reinvents himself.,

Lotta ifs out there, and if we do this trade with the C's then there has to be one more domino to fall to assure that this all works....unless KCP is a true star that makes a bigger impact than either Stuckey or Knight did in their first year (or first three months)
  19. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I'm glad that the 1st pick of 2014 to get rid of Gordon was useful at some way to give us space now to bring Josh Smith.

I will not especulate about what is going to be if he plays the 3, the 4, who gets less time, if Drummond or Monroe or what.. There is a lot of "pros" and "cons". Let's just wait and see what happens.

Isn't that what we all said about Iverson and Hamilton, or Hamilton and Gordon?

What jersey will he wear?? #5 is taken by KCP.. 15 is retired.. Let's try to guess, come on!
  20. MARK MADSEN!

MARK MADSEN! First Round Draft Pick

People had the same excitement for Curry and his hardnosed talking. People got exciting about getting BoT at SUCH a steal (somebody can pull up the thread if they wish). There is no such thing as an offseason champion.

The fact of the matter is that we have a mediocre coach who ignores the corner three, since it is in his mind the "hardest shot for the opposing team to make." I don't really want Bynum back but we really don't have a choice anymore.

We could possibly move Monroe. Right now, everything is wait and see.