Joey Harrington

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Buckeyes#1, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Will he make it? I believe he will, provided the offensive line does not get him killed this year. He's definitely got the weapons in regard to the running back and the receivers. I would do whatever was necessary to make sure our offensive line is top notch though. That seems to be the primary weakness of the team right now in my opinion. But yes, I think Joey has the talent and will be successful. Now I am not saying he will be a John Elway but I do think he will be successful.
  2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

The secondary ain't too good either. Fernando Bryant. :doh: If they don't club the Bears this weekend, who knows what kind of season they'll have. I thought Harrington looked very good in preseason and OK against the Pack. I think he'll have a good season. Shoot, the guy wants to win more than anyone. He's different this season. The guy seems willing to scramble a little more, too.
  3. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

ggazoo

The main reason I am concerned about the offensive line is because we really have to find out this year (I beleive) if we want to stay committed to Joey. Since it is such an important decision, I'd really like for him to have a decent line so we don't misjudge him. That's why I would like for us to focus on offense. But normally, I am defense first cause we all know the cliche about what defense wins. I do think Joey has the competitive fire and the skills to be our QB. It could be really exciting very soon when these new receivers learn their positions!
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Joey

Has this guy ever had a great game? It seems like his best games are the ones where he throws for 150 yards and doesn't turn it over. I just don't see any explosiveness whatsoever. I liked Scott Mitchell better than this guy.
  5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I'm not blaming Harrington for all of the Lions problems, but it looks to me as if he IS part of the problem. He's shown me nothing since he's been here.
  6. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

Joey

I was rooting for him up until now. The fact that he is happy with himself for not throwing any ints just bugs me. Yes the line is a huge problem. I get sick to my stomach when I watch Steelers games and they talk about how good Hartings is. If Joey does not win before Garcia gets healthy I don’t care how bad I want him to win he is gone. If none of the receivers run complete routes because he can’t get them the ball what does that tell you? Just because the rest of the division is so weak and we might get lucky that is no reason to keep him. I expected way more this year we had tons of potential and it is just slipping away.
  7. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Joey is unimpressive

I was pulling for the guy..but I can't anymore.

He is just not a very accurate passer right now. He didn't throw any INT's but his decision making ability has been stinkin' up the place. How can receivers with that amount of a size advantage not be open all the time? I just don't get it. He can never seem to find a guy past the first down marker. I just don't get it people.
  8. detteam

detteam All-Star

I don't think he has any arm strength. He always looks like he's pitching Nerfballs. I have never seen him throw a rope to anyone. The very last play of Sunday's game was typical Joey...luping/lobbing one up hoping Williams (or Rogers, I forget) comes down with it...and he ended up tossing it OB. That was a pass he needed to drill!

He doesn't seem all that accurate most of the time either.
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I was pulling for him, but his lack of intangibles is hard to overlook.

Unfortunately, GOT MOOCH refuses to run any semblance of an aggressive offense, and his receiving core is a bunch of overpaid youngsters with questionable desire and work ethic.

Joey can make all of the throws, and I have seen him throw some nice bullet passes. Unfortunately, the dink and dunk offense has not given him an opportunity to develop or show anything more.

It's sad because I am falling off of the Joey Blue Skies bandwagon, and yet his lack of passion seems to be a product of the system that plays not to lose, rather than to win.

This organization has massive issues that go much deeper than one or two personalities on the field. It starts at the top, and after 4 years, Joey has been indoctrinated into the Lions culture of "We tried our best, this loss hurts, we need to play better."
  10. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

Yah it's not all Joey but like it was said he IS part of the overall problem.Funny ain't it with the Stones saying it hurt and they are pissed off and are going to do something about it and I believe it.But the Lions could talk personally to me til they are Honolulu blue in the face about how much they care and are going to do something about it and I could just laugh in their face.

Sad at least we have some real sports coming up to keep us entertained.