1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Joe Speaks On Glyny

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Superstarov, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

Bonus time

The Pistons have been pleasantly surprised by center Andreas Glyniadakis of Greece, who has had a good camp. Glyniadakis, who was drafted No. 58 overall by the Pistons in 2003, will likely return to Europe for more seasoning. "He's been good in practice, he works hard and the guys like him," Saunders said. "Joe (Dumars) made the decision that as long as a guy was productive, a force in helping the team, that we'd keep guys around. So that's why he's stayed here."

From The DET NEWS 10/25/2005

Now I don't know what this means exactly about his future, but it gives us a little insight.

2. dozero

dozero First Round Draft Pick

Have you seen him play? It's rough. If I'm Joe, you gotta talk him up so he'll serve as better trade bait (fillers). But hey, he may be worth something with some time. Just look at little Darko. My has he grown.

3. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Hmmm.. Let's untangle those comments. Good in practice?? Hmmm you don't say.

The few games I have seen Glynnn play in he looks lost and commits fouls at a clip surpassing Darko. He got like 3 fouls like in a 2 minute time spand while he was on the court in this one game I saw. I have no doubt that he is a good guy and all but we can all see that this guy needs a lot of work to be able to contribute on the pro level.:confused:

Trade bait perhaps???

4. brandonhgt

brandonhgt Second Round Draft Pick

I think there are some teams who may have some room for a raw 7 footer. I know he does not fit into our plans but it is always smart to market even one of your worst players.

5. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Can you say Hawks?
    After the Collier situation... Woody knows a little about Glynny to maybe take a chance... they might be willing to sacrifice an early 2nd rounder for him.
    I wish somma you guys woulda seen the open practice... he actually looked pretty good out there (no I haven't reached Leedom on the kid).

It's possible that next year we trade DD's expiring deal and may need a serviceable third 5.... at least we know he won't take up a roster spot this year.

6. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

wow, nice call. I wouldn't be suprised if thats how this pans out. Atlanta seems to swallow all of our scraps these days.

7. G-man

G-man Starter

The Pistons have been pleasantly surprised by center Andreas Glyniadakis of Greece, who has had a good camp. Glyniadakis, who was drafted No. 58 overall by the Pistons in 2003, will likely return to Europe for more seasoning. "He's been good in practice, he works hard and the guys like him," Saunders said. "Joe (Dumars) made the decision that as long as a guy was productive, a force in helping the team, that we'd keep guys around. So that's why he's stayed here."

Anybody else smell roadkill meat wrapped in apple pie crust here? The guys been playing ball for the last two years in the soft league and we are pleasantly surprised at the opportunity to return him to Europe for additional seasoning. Good golly gee, what would make us really happy? Sending him to the Asian leagues?

It's PR gents. A pig with rosy red lipstick. He's here to showcase for teams just like Atlanta as was astutely noted. He's a future draft pick waiting for a second round number. He's a pocketful of promise that portends plenty of whistling (not the Andy of Mayberry kind).

Joe is selling old Pontiacs here amigos. I wouldn't touch this one without an extended warranty...

8. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Yeah, Glynny came into the Miami game with less than three minutes left in the game and fouled out. ROFLMAO.

9. max

max All-Star

Talking him up

Even Blaha and Lambier kept point out. "He is 7' and a trim 280".

I did not really see much there but there could be some teams that would take a chance on him.

Only seems fair to him to give him that shot if it comes up. It still could.