Jimmer

Discussion in 'Other Hoops Talk' started by coynejeremy, Jan 27, 2011.

1. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I love that 32 points in a tournament game is considered "sub-par" for this guy. With that said, he was forcing shots up at the end. The last few possessions of regulation and the beginning of overtime he took the team out of it to BYU's detriment. If his shot had been on I would have had no problem with him immediately pulling up for long threes, but he was really not hitting it today and I gotta think the better decision was more ball movement. Of course, the rest of the team wasn't making open shots either. So I'm surprised we even forced overtime the way we were shooting. We left a lot of easy points on the court today.

2 key plays that would have made a huge difference: our last scoring opportunity was a pair of free throws. We only hit one, to tie the game. At the time, I said - I REALLY wish we could have gotten that other free throw. And then Florida got the offensive rebound on their miss with about 20 seconds on the clock. If we had managed to pull down that one rebound, we would have had the chance to win the game in regulation. Jimmer with the ball for the chance to win the game and go to the Elite 8? Now that would have been something.
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Great shooters don't turn down shots just because they missed a few in a row. They always think the next one is going in. It will be very interesting to see how this guy does at the next level.
  3. coynejeremy

And it's hard me to say that he shouldn't take the shot for that reason. Sometimes a shot just looks bad because it didn't go in.
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That's what my teammates say in our rec league games whenever I shoot...
  5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

...and one day you will actually make a shot. And you will thank them for sticking with you all of these years. It's kind of like when Rascoe wins a fantasy matchup. Or when a Jammer post makes sense. Or when one of my jokes are actually funny. If you keep at it long enough...

Anyhow, Bill Lame-Chucker aside, sorry BYU lost, C. J.

Seems like every team that we wanted to win lost by a couple of points.
  6. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

I was hoping that Jimmer would prove his NBA worth in the NCAAs. With a knockout at this time, the doubters will still linger. Good fortune...Jimmerr....:)
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I see a lot of college games, but last night was the first time I had actually seen Jimmer and BYU play. Seem like he panicked with the long balls when he didn't have to. (3-15 beyond the arc and 8-14 within). I know the big man was MIA due to PMS, but still it was a close game for the most part where more inside play..say like AZ did to Duke may have resulted in a win for BYU.

Seems like the more threes he took, the more everyone on the floor tried to match his 3pt brickmanship....the teams combined for 50 missed three pointers...(21-71).....

Also per some of the comments I heard today was that the Jimmer does not play any defense which would explains why he is not a projected top 10 pick. One thing the Pistons need whomever they draft is someone can play defense and not a guy who is going to shoot threes from beyond the arc.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

College ball gets ugly when they get 3 happy.
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Sometimes they're right (Adam Morrison) and sometimes they are wrong (Hansbrough, Monroe).

I'd say Redick was in between. Clearly an NBA player, but can't do what he did in college.
  10. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Okay..this kid can shoot the rock.

The question in my mind is this:

Does Jimmer have the court vision and passing ability to be a potential Mark Price?

If he does, I say take him if he is available at #8.

Mark Price was Michael Jordan burning Ehlo and a stupid Ron Harper trade away from a Championship IMO.
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Watching the Herd right now on ESPNU....(guess you can catch it on ESPN radio too) .

Jimmer is getting raked over the coals by Colin Herd and his callers....some of them from the Mountain West conference. Herd says Jimmer is the product of the ESPN Hype machine...you know the one that created Jason "White Chocolate" Williams, Starbury, Stevie Francis....highlight dudes that never panned out in the long run...

In Herd's opinion, Jimmer will never be able to stop Rose, Paul, Rondo or even Will.i.am :sssh: on defense and will be 10-12 pt guy off the bench....

I know Jimmer wants to play in NY or Utah, the question is will some team in the top 10 get caught up in the ESPN Hype machine...
  12. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Here comes the "Devil's Advocate" ...that's a disclaimer.

The Sacramento Kings were playing their best basketball before they traded "White Chocolate" for "I like to choke under pressure" Mike Bibby. That guy was "all good" with Miami until he shriveled up like Costanza in the pool. Same with ATL, same with SAC.

Steve Francis started his career with output that put him on par with the likes of (and ONLY the likes of) Magic Johnson and Oscar Robinson....is it HIS fault that he was surrounded by players that failed with AND without him? Franchise was arguably a victim of circumstance. I've seen him play NBA ball and streetball up close and personal. That man was FOR REAL.

Marbury.....no comment. I have opinions...but, no comment, and it's all on him.

The mere fact that they summon 2 of 3 guys that were IMHO better than their careers have shown....makes me personally want to take a closer look at Jimmy Fredette.
  13. coynejeremy

14. coynejeremy

Jimmer! The new King James!
  15. coynejeremy

[​IMG]

JIMMERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

He's even better from behind the arc than from the FT-spot. Now that's range.
  17. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor