Jerry Sloan resigns!

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Walter, Feb 10, 2011.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Is that a Hanibal Lector quote?
  2. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I would love to see this the next week:

"Dumars fires Kuester, hires Sloan"

But I know it's impossible to happen
  3. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

The owners of Utah understood for a long time that the Jazz wouldn't be able to bring in free agents since the city is not the chosen destination for big contract players. With that said, I think that Sloan did an excellent job of putting out a consistent product. Until now...he was also able to avoid the hugely controversial player...
  4. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

Gotta wonder who is on the radar of Tom Gores, since I'm guessing he hasn't been only thinking about money matters during this purchase transition process.

Somehow investing 420 million and leaving it in the hands of Q, "The Great Communicator" doesn't make sense to me. Gonna be interesting to see what unfolds in the upcoming months.

My speculation is his first big move is an Administrative one.....:stirthepot:

Sloan may be the answer.
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

He is soaring. And I'm a face to face mirror.
    Top 5 is nice. Given the constraints of being thee alpha drone, top 5 is competitive.
  6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

That would be nice. I'd settle for "Gores fires Dumars, hires Sloan".
  7. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Good one!
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

With Sloan, we may get more wins, but lose everyear to Miami or Chicago in game 6 of the ECF for the next 5 years. And then we would be saying then what other people are saying now....the game has passed Sloan by.

Just heard from his best player Karl Malone that he wants to be a head coach, but know one has called him yet.:sssh: The last time anybody saw the Mailman on a basketball court was game 4 of the 2004 NBA Championship series hobbling off with a sprained knee. If Bill Laimbeer could not get an NBA gig after leading the Shock to three titles, what makes Karl think someone is going to call him?
  9. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Mailman is pissed off

Malone says Sloan would never quit anything - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Friend of a friend rumor....

The Coynesters were over at some new church friends for dinner Sunday night and there was a nice guy there who is a family friend of the hosts that I talked sports with for a lot of the evening. He's a sports trainer from Pleasant Grove, Utah who is working at Toyota's fitness center and used to work on the University of Georgia football staff until the coach got fired last offseason.

Anyway, the conversation turned to Jerry Sloan at one point, and the guy claimed that he happened to know Ronnie Price from a past job. According to him, Price told him that Deron Williams and Sloan had clashed ever since his rookie season. In that Chicago game, Sloan called a play out of timeout sometime during the game and DWill ran a different play on the floor. If my memory serves me right, words were exchanged during half-time in the locker room. For most of the fourth quarter, the wheels came off the bus and Williams ignored Sloan's coaching and called his own plays down the stretch of a close loss. After the game, Sloan stormed into the locker room and said something to the effect of "I ----- resign."

I said I'd still love to have Deron in a Pistons uni...