JALEN A PISTON?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by easybuckets, Oct 29, 2006.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Having a deep bench is what wins titles. The coach just has to know when to hold and fold them. I can't believe we are still debating this one. Lindsey did not help in rounds 2 or 3 of the playoffs and remember he is about 3 years older Rose. Yeah Hunter may be a better defender but who knows if that is the case this year or not?

Rose is not the missing link, but I would rather feel good knowing that his veteran skills are sitting on our bench ready to go, then sitting on the Heat bench as a player that will allow Wade to get his needed rest. Wade is tired and will be burned out by March. If the Heat pick up Rose, 10 minutes from him will give Wade some rest and he can always step in for the inconsistent "white chocolate" older than Rose>Glove.

In other words having him there as a potential backing up to Billups, when Murray and Hunter can't lead the offense is what was missing during the stretch run when CB burned out and Arroyo was let go thinking that Hunter could take up the slack.

Send Jalen that e-mail showing our support and lets get that "homie" in here.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The reason why Riley is looking at Rose isn't because he needs him. It's because the Heat's bench is so bad, and if he has any spots or kids on non-guaranteed deals, he can actually save some money and increase the team talent level by signing him.

Not to mention that Riley is much more aggressive than Joe, which means he's probably likely to sign a guy just to keep him from signing with a competitor.

The Lakers will take anyone. They have almost no talent after Kobe and Odom.
  3. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wow, you'd think this was a Darko thread with as much action as its been getting. :sssh:
  4. LA Dre

This just means that everyone knows that with the less than stellar offseason activity that the Pistons had, this maybe our last chance to grab someone who may still keep us competitve. No use having a bunch of allstars on your team during the regular season if they are too tired to play in the post season. :(
  5. LA Dre

I can quote my last thread if I wanted to and say that it appears that Miami needs Jalen more than we do. No Jason Williams and old Gary Payton...they could have used Rose and will pursue him much more agressively then Joe will.

But if Rose observed what the rest of us saw, he can probably see that the writing is on the wall and he probably cannot help these old timers.:rolleyes:
  6. jammertime

I was watching a bit of the Bulls murdering of the Heat tonight and they were saying that the Heat offered their MLE and that Rose was interested. They said that the ball was in Riley's court now.
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

This is where not signing Ben, Cato etc hurts. We had to use our MLE to patch a big hole in the starting lineup.

If I was Rose, I would take the MLE and laugh all the way to the bank. If Sprewell is out fo the league, and Bonzi took less than the MLE in the offseason, there is no guarantee he won't be sitting on the sidelines ALL OF NEXT SUMMER.

And frankly, the Heat provide just as good, if not a better chance than the Pistons to win a title...
  8. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

David Aldridge on TNT's pre-game tonight said that the Heat probably won't be offering Jalen the full MLE, maybe something like $1.6, but which would still be more than he could get anywhere else.
  9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Jalen can still ball man, period. Having him on the squad gives us so many options and it puts us in a position where we are not DEPENDING on Delfino, guys that's CRITICAL for us to have a chance at going after the ring. I just want Joe to be a little aggressive on this one. I love Joe's quiet, cool, laid back, Michael Corleone type demeanor; but right now I'd rather see a guy showing serious determination in signing Rose. Send Roundball One, With Kwame Kilpatrick, Perry Watson, Eminem, Anita Baker, and a Big Booty Stripper named Mercedes all wearing Pistons Jersey's with the #5 on them begging Rose to be Piston. Damn Joe, enough of this Joe Cool isht, get the dang job done. Like Merc said Riles'll go get 'em just so we don't get him. Think Joe Think, then Do Joe Do.
  10. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

The Bulls spoiled thaT PARTY BY WHAT...42 POINTS!!!!!
  11. detteam

detteam All-Star

Roscoe's makin a play to be JoeD's executive assistant. If that happens, he's turning PF.com over to lee356 :cold:
  12. pfife

pfife Second Round Draft Pick

Unbelievable that he was slated to be paid approx $17 million by the Knicks.
  13. DirtyMoney

Jalen Rose is now a...
  14. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

DetNews Weblog 11/02 :

Here's the deal on Jalen Rose. He's going to end up in Miami unless something goes horribly wrong today. The delay is over money -- shocker. Yes, Rose got $15 million from the Knicks and could probably make it through the year on the $1.78 million vets minimum. But his agent -- Arn Tellem -- can't. See, Rose's contract with the Knicks was negotiated by his former agent, David Falk. So, commission off the $15 million goes to him. Tellem doesn't get a dime. Thus, to maximize his cut, Tellem is trying to get a piece of the Heat's mid-level exception.
    The Pistons aren't missing out on anything here. Rose would have played 10 minutes a night here, never gotten into shape and would have very quickly become an unhappy camper. You say, what if Delfino proves to be a bust? Trust me, if Joe Dumars needs to find a back-up wing player before the trade deadline, he will be able to do it. There is no shortage of competent players available at that position. Plus, if he wants to add a bigger piece, he can offer one of the team's two first-round draft picks -- which are gold right now. The Pistons are some $7 million under the luxury tax threshold, they have those picks, they have Dale Davis or Delfino to use as trade bait -- they have a lot of flexibility if they should want to start shuffling the roster.
  15. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

16. DirtyMoney

Well, there you go. Delfino are you with us??
  17. Slippy

Maybe he didn't check his email.
  18. jammertime

Man, we haven't had much good Pistons news since just after the All-Star break last season.

Maybe Arenas put a curse on the organization for not being chosen as the honourary 5th Piston?
  19. LA Dre

I am not that concerned about Jalen becoming a Piston, as it would be nice, I just didn't want him going to the Heat to give their tired players like Payton and Wade enough break where they actually are in good enough shape to make a run at the title defense in May/June. :mad:

Pistons need to concentrate on a big body to defend the paint, strike that,-----anybody that can help defend in the paint!!:boxing:
  20. Slippy

ITs not the players...its the system.