1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Ive had enough

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by copper, Oct 20, 2012.

1. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I sooooooo desperately want to see Tay and Charlie V gone that I cant even enjoy a game anymore. Watching the pair of them on the floor is gonna lose me a tv. I was willing to allow Tay a chance to drift off into the sunset but after this crap Im done. He is almost as useless as Carlie garbage. he never seems to do anything. The offense consistently stalls when the ball hits his hands, which is as bad as the chucksters arrow brick....what is he 1-44 this preseason?
    On a brighter note. Andre looked good again, the rumors about a bad motor were soooooo wrong. I also like Kim English...he reminds me of a very young Joe Dumars for any of the slightly older group here that remember when he showed up. He plays defense with his feet and rarely finds himself reaching due to being out of position. He has a real steady shot and is very good at communicating on defense. I want him and middleton to make the team.if we can lose charlie and Tay this year I will be sooooo happy.

2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree. I absolutely HATE watching Tay on the floor. Charlie V is useless, but for some reason it doesn't bother me to see him on the floor as long he doesn't stay out there more than a couple minutes and isn't on the floor during crunch time.

Stuckey can be a Jekyl and Hyde. He gets into full-fledged collision mode sometimes and is absolutely more useless than any guard in the NBA including Will Bynum.

3. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

I've resigned myself to the fact that Tay is more than likely here to stay. As long as he doesn't start palming the ball and backing his defender down from half court to jack up a crap shot too much I can live with it. BoT on the other hand drains all enthusiasm out of me anytime he's on the floor.

This I agree with. When he plays collision ball and doesn't get the calls, it can make for some awful basketball.

4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Charlie can be asked to go home until we amnesty him this summer. Tay needs to be moved, a deal where we send Tay to San Anton for Stephen Jackson's expiring $10M contract could work, but we would need a filler (Austin Daye) to make the numbers match up; that would put us about $40 Million under the cap this summer.............Anybody think Josh Smith and James Harden would make good Pistons?

5. detteam

detteam All-Star

Sort of odd we are lacking a shooting guard after the Rip/Gordon logjam. Would really like to see Harden in a Piston uni

6. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Part of the problem with the collider is when the team shooting goes cold. He has the bb smarts to realize he needs to get it inside and try to draw contact, he just has to be smarter and more under control. Although, I will give him last night, he went inside and the refs absolutely missed alot of calls. I like the fact that he has obviously been working on his outside shot and he looks comfortable shooting it. We need the big boys in there though, I would love to see the BK, Kim English, Kriss Middleton, GM and AD line up. English and middleton can both shoot well enough to keep a defense honest and GM and AD will more than clean the glass on both ends which allows BK to set everyone up.

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't want to see Harden, simply because he's not a top tier player, and will be overpaid because he's already established his game.

I do like his beard though.

The guys we want are Afflalos. Guys who fall in the draft, or can be picked up off someone's bench for cheap. Ben Gordon is what happens when you go shopping for a 6th man in FA.

8. detteam

detteam All-Star

Harden is not top tier? He could be if he wasn't playing between Durant and Westbrook. Good shooting percentages, boards, and assists. He plays hard both ways...exactly the kind of SG I'd like to see in Detroit

9. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

He isn't worth a max contract, which is what he is demanding.

I personally like Harden. I think he is a good player. But I wouldn't pay him the max

coynejeremy likes this.
  10. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I agree, bossman. Harden is a good player with a T-O-N of hype. He is not a game changer by himself.

If I were one player away I wouldn't mind overpaying for him.

coynejeremy likes this.
  11. detteam

detteam All-Star

I like him but wouldn't pay max for him either.

btw...have you checked your FF line-up lately?

12. The Panda

I will check it tonight :)

13. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Why would Joe go after Jimmy Harden when he already has a top-tier SG in Rodney Stuckey?
    There'e only so much cap room to go around guys. We gotta spend it on our poisitions of need.

...For instance, we need about 4 or 5 more SFs with late 1st round talent.

brofmfa likes this.
  14. The Panda

Well I just checked out the depth chart, and it only has 4 SF's listed.

We need at least two more. The Pistons need to be ahead of the curve.

First we beat the NBA to small ball but getting all the combo guards. Now we are moving towards playing medium ball with all the SF's.

it will be a big thing soon

15. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I'd rather they play small ball. The small ball should go through the hoop easier.

brofmfa likes this.
  16. BallDon'tLie

Spin doctoring.
    We only have 6 SFs lsft on the roster now that Williams has been cut.
    The fact that they're trying to pawn Daye off as a Small Forward is insulting to us as fans.
    ...And everyone knows that Jerebko is way better at the 3 than the 4. Jonas should only play PF in certain matchup situations (approx 10% of the time).

17. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was okay with Jerebko playing some PF in the past because we were so weak. With Andre and the Russian dude, we now have some more depth up front. JJ could take some SF minutes. The problem is that Tay needs his 38 minutes per game and then you're leaving Singler out of the loop.

18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think the problem with Jerebko is he doesn't have a position. He can be effective by getting out and running when he is at the 3 or the 4. I do not think JJ can play the 3 in a half court set.

KGREG likes this.
  19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

JJ at the SF position in a half-court set if awful, unless you have him spotting up on the weak side and his three ball is falling.

20. BallDon'tLie

He could if he were playing against any of the OTHER 3s on the Pistons.
    Jeb probably looks good in practice playing the SF spot.