It's time to **** or get off the pot

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mercury, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

we should chip in for a t-shirt. Merry Xmas Micro:eyebrows: .

YOu can use it to dry your car. :P
  2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

How bout a Darko bench towel?
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

:laugh: :rolleyes: :usa2: :boxing: :bounce: :gossip: :crazy: :rofl:

I'm all for freeing Darko. Set him free.
  4. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

micro

lmao no the comparison stops at the rebouds but you kept hammering the fact that darko is a poor rebounder i just wanted to point out sheed aint doin so hot in that department himself.

as for faith i sold my soul for the win in 04 so i dont think i can have faith anymore. The only thing i can base my hopes on is that darko pans out or we get a sucker deal for him otherwise the future could be dim
  5. Slippy

No man, Darko Milicic seat cushions. With the tag line: Made for Sitting.

Where's cafe press....
  6. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Wave, Darko is outrebounding JMax, btw, where do you get your +/- stats?
  7. roscoe36

@ 16

www.82games.com

We've got a TON of great stat and analysis links in the resource area of this site.

http://www.pistonsforum.com/resource-links/

I really think people should make use of them. It makes for better discussions.

We're gunna add even more resources over the next month or so.
  8. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

9. roscoe36

That is hilarious. Celtic fans are truly fanatics.

@everyone, I'm just enjoying a good debate that LanierFan astutely pointed out that there is not enough "ammunition" for either side to win. But that's what good debates are made of. Conjecture and speculation. If we had the hard proof, there could be no debate.

Anyone who thinks I am wrong, I'm 100% ok with that. And just because I'm "prominent" here doesn't mean you can't tell me I'm full of it. Try not to hurt my feelings too badly. I'm really sensitive on the inside. Like Darko. ;) Sometimes I gotta let it hang out and just be another poster.
  10. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

wave, thanks for the info,
    And yes this is more fun than the lovefest that was going on after the 8-0 start.

But here's my take, in 2 years, someone is going to offer Darko 40 to 50 mil, plus at least a 6th man role, if not a starter. And in 3 years, Dice, Sheed, and Ben will be on the D-Cline, and we'll be wondering where who our big men are, clue it wont be EC, Davis, or JMax.
  11. Slippy

82games.com

I think the stat is skewed because Darko and delfino's most minutes came in the blowout to Dallas.

I personally think we're going to hold on to Darko. This is the long term plan. Dumars is looking to avoid the 92-99 decline.
  12. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

Another Prediction

The P's will make a decision on Darko this year. That means that, either this year or in the coming offseason, either Darko or Dyess will be dealt.
  13. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Yes, that is the concern... that's why any deals involving Darko would have to include another young big (directly or indirectly).

From todays Freep:
    "Your bottom line, when you step on the floor, you've got to produce," Saunders said. "Your job is to stay loose. Do whatever you have to do. Stretches during time-outs, or whatever you have to do, that's part of your job. I understand the difficulties of it, but I'm not going to let them use that as an excuse when you're 20 years old. When I was 20 years old, I could get out of bed at 6 a.m. and go run and jump and do whatever."

This isn't the evil LB saying this... we have to assume the guy that watches Darko everyday knows what he's talking about.
  14. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Absolutely agreed with this.
  15. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

darko played a lot of minutes during that dallas blowout so of course he would get a big minus when he's on the floor. also look at the difference in lineup darko is playing with and sheed is playing with and that would account for the big -35 plus minus score.

so what if darko plays center or power forward. that doesn't mean sheed shouldn't rebound. they are both 7' tall and one is wayyyy more experienced. sheed should be getting lots of boards off the ben wallace intimidations.

sheed has had the oppurtunity and experience to put up more stats than darko. darko is already a better shot blocker than sheed. why would the stats of a 5 minute a game player and a 30 minute a game player look the same. if darko was playing 30 minutes a game he could put up sheed like numbers.

sheeds love of the outside shot resemble's darko's game. sheeds foul trouble resembles darko's game. sheed just started going into the post remember last year when he shot more threes than free throws.
  16. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

the point is darko doesn't want major minutes. he just wants a few minutes while the game is still being decided. when given that he's producing and the team isn't losing so why not continue to give this to him??? just to prove a point that garbage time is useful time to him?? that's dumb.

right now all darko does is block shots and give ben/sheed some rest. what else do you need him to do?? darko is not needed this year. we can win it all without darko making a major contribution. he should be developed because we will need him in the years to come. darko isn't living up to the hype because he's only given 5 minute glimpses to show what he has.

the reason i say joe needs to get a coach in here that will develop the youth. flip needs to develop the youth or suffer the consequences when dice/sheed/ben get old or injured. most coaches only think about winning now. joe needs to inject into the coaches that they need to think about the future too.
    darko had about 5 blocks the other night only got credit for 2.

his taking a lot of shots is a problem if he does that when the game is on the line. he is very selfish from what i've seen from him. part of what makes the pistons good is that they are unselfish and any guy can burn you. darko fits into that mold very well last game he was the one that gave jmax a post entry if i remember correctly. darko lets the game come to him he doesn't have to pad his stats in garbage time.
  17. roscoe36

JMax is shooting 64.3% When a guy is shooting that high a %, he's allowed to take as many shots as he wants. Wouldn't you want a 60% shooter taking shots with the game on the line?

Ranks #1 in the NBA in Field Goals Per 48 Minutes(14.9)
    Ranks #14 in the NBA in Field-Goal Attempts Per 48 Minutes(23.17)
    Ranks #5 in the NBA in Offensive Rebounds Per 48 Minutes(6.6)
    Ranks #3 in the NBA in Points Per 48 Minutes(34.8)
    Ranks #13 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking Per 48 Minutes(29.79)

Trade Darko. Free the Brahma.
  18. crastinator

crastinator First Round Draft Pick

wow, thanks for that nice little Jmax summary, Micro.

I guess he is a textbook case for how to force a coach to play you. Free the Brahma!

The thing I find the craziest in this thread is that the Darko apologists argue not just with the Microwave, but with what Flip is saying. Flip is the one who compared Jmax to Darko, Flip is the one who says low intensity at any time in the game is unacceptable, Flip is, in so many words, saying he is handing Darko minutes that should have gone to Dale. (From Freep: "Coach Flip Saunders said he thought of playing Davis early in Saturday's 85-76 victory at Milwaukee. But instead he gave those minutes to Darko Milicic.")

If all of that doesn't add up to the fact that Darko is the problem (attitude, intensity, etc) I don't know what would convince his supporters to demand more from the man/boy himself. Blaming the coach (LB, Flip), the statistician, the other players is getting really old. Who am I kidding? Its already been old for a long, long time.
  19. TBird

Micro

I hope Lee doesn't find out you're using 48-minute stats. :)
  20. TBird

Merc

I wouldn't put money on it, but I doubt we get a young big in return if we elect to deal Darko.

If a team is trading for him, it's because they feel like they need some young size, and they aren't likely to give up what they already have. From the perspective of another club, trading a young big man for another (unproven) one like Darko doesn't make a lot of sense, unless the one they're sending us has his own problems or just frankly isn't all that good.

I feel like we could get a quality player and perhaps a first-rounder, but a much more likely scenario would be a Kwame Brown-Caron Butler type of deal.

Nevertheless, I understand your point. Our top three big men are 31, and 31-year olds go from their "prime" to "old age" very quickly.