1. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

Away Indiana Pacers - Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Discussion in 'March 2017' started by roscoe36, Sep 25, 2016.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't know them, but if I am playing armchair psychologist, most of them never had to really fight for stuff.

When you want something so bad and for whatever reason it is denied to you. Think Thomas in Boston, Iverson or Zeke being relative midgets. Those guys never accepted their limitations. They overcame them with sheer force of will. "Will to Power" in the Nietzschean sense.

Great men always have had to overcome adversity.

These guys got paid before they had to correct their fundamental flaws. If they had to work for their next deal, I would be more optimistic. Because we haven't seen an insane work ethic yet ...

LOL. Props to Boban for remembering his cultural values.

Great, let's trade Dre, re-sign KCP and start Boban next year. I approve of your plan.

del and Walter like this.
  2. roscoe36

3. roscoe36

4. lapiston

lapiston All-Star

Right. 39 to 10. 29 points to make up elsewhere. If this were only one time. It happens way too often...

roscoe36 likes this.
  5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

You may not like Boban, but he was effective in this game around the hoop. The rest of the team failed to keep someone on Ellis. No, you do not need Boban to step out to Ellis. The rest of the team should be able to guard the perimeter, using Boban as a resource, knowing he has the area around the hoop covered.

A good example, Corliss Williamson. We expected him, not ever, to go out to a shooter. Instead, we used his strength to help shore up the middle, and everyone else rotated very well to cover the outside shots. And it all worked just fine.

PS, Baynes can't do any better on outside shooters by the way, he goes out to the shooters a bit, but has no ups, and does not get out there fast enough to make any real difference. And on inside play, Baynes was only able to spectate on play after play - never getting anywhere near off the ground to challenge a for a rebound or put anything at all toward stopping inside shots. The best word to describe Baynes inside D - pathetic.

Baynes was setup for an inside score by SJ. Later, Ish drove in and assisted to Baynes for the J. Baynes got one offensive rebound off the floor, which we did not convert, and 2 rebounds that came out to him uncontested. Anyone at all in the game, even an elementary kid, would have gotten those few rebounds, Baynes is in no way a center. While the Pistons did pretty well in sending in offensive rebounders on shots, too many times it was Baynes in there contesting for an offensive rebound - and that is simply a joke since he has no ability at all to get those rebounds.

Dre got some offensive rebounds where he hurriedly put the shot back up - with no rebounders in position. Hard to nag on that since he got the O bounds in the first place to create the shots - but nag I will. Pull that ball back out unless you can score for sure, or at least go in strong such that you, at least, have a possibility to get the miss.

In all, again, great job on the offensive glass. Especially Dre of course, but a lot of effort from other players also.

The game started out with us down 8 - 0 in the first 90 seconds. Two triples from Miles, where our guard did not break off quick enough from helping out with helping to guard the interior lanes to recover to Miles. And the Young post score on Morris. Other than that, if look all the way thru to around mid 3rd, we were plus 10. (at one point.) George started hitting shots on us, we fell behind some. Got well behind when Baynes came in to spectate some more. I do not like that. We should always compete at least, with Baynes in, we simply are not.

In the first half, SJ and Harris were shooting it hot, and making our bench look ok, even though we were not accomplishing much on the defensive end.

Leuer ended up with a decent scoring game after having a strong 3rd. RJ gave us way too little, stayed in foul trouble. Ish did not do much either. In all, except for the time SJ was playing shooting guard, our guards were a big zilch while their guards were a scoring force.

A bit of scoring from Morris helped us get that short lived 3rd quarter lead.

Dre, despite us losing, had a monster game for the minutes he played. Hardly the problem.

Tough road loss, maybe it was good so many of our players played short minutes, with the Cleveland game coming up tomorrow night. er - this night, as I see it just turned to Thursday on the clock.

I have watched very little hoops this past week, just too many cases where my favorite teams were playing each other, so I just could not care who won - so no way I could stay focused on the games. I have watched some games instead that I would not normally watch, like a Dallas game despite Dallas being one of the teams I simply avoid watching - unless the Pistons are playing them. They do have Noel now, so its not like it they are not entertaining to watch.

Lots of bad weather today, sustained 35 mph winds for hours, 55 mph wind gusts on the regular for over an hour at its peak. Good thing it did not rain, got some roofing tiles to put back on. Meanwhile, I have seen the damage photos from my relatives homes in MO, the worst damage to the house was a medium size tree crashing thru the roof into one of the bedrooms. Some were staying in very light camper type dwellings, those all were tipped over, but everyone made it to the basement of the house before the tornado struck. Motorcycle thrown up and smashed. The surrounding neighborhoods were destroyed a lot worse, in comparison, so it could have been worse still for my family.

Ernie the Slow Adult and tirtep like this.
  6. roscoe36

Did we win or lose this game? That is literally the ONLY stat that matters.

I turned the game off before Lord Boban entered the game for Baynes, but I see he had 5 rebounds in 11 minutes and was +0. We need some 11 minute games to start him in. He's got all of the Darko Hall of Fame potential the Original Serbian Gangster had.

When Corliss played, the stretch 4 and 5 was not a thing yet. Apples and oranges. It's like complaining that Darvin Ham is getting all of Darko's garbage time minutes and limiting his ability to generate KILLER PER 30 minute stats. Irrelevant.

And yet he is the team leader in +/- I believe. You love that stat when it can make Darko look like Bill Russell.

Again, did we win or lose this game? If I wanted to watch big men have great losing games, I would be a New Orleans fan.

Tonight's game, Dre -14. Baynes -3. Dre = franchise player, Baynes = bench player who doesn't deserve to play with 4 year old children according to you.

Btw, Bullock was +5 in garbage time. Maybe he should be starting over Pope!!! :lol:

7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Jeff Teague is available at the one....but doubt that we could pay him more than the Pacers unless we finish ahead of them or go further in the playoffs than them. But then again what do we with RJ's salary?

roscoe36 likes this.
  8. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Nice summation.
    Our guards (1 & 2) are left-over popcorn kernels from the opening heat of the game.
    The best part of this game...SJ is advancing.
    Out of the next six games (Cleveland through Phoenix) we best play .500, which is the ceiling for this group.
    Not a fun year.

roscoe36 likes this.
  9. pass99

Easy...take a value loss and understand that the sun will rise tomorrow.

roscoe36 likes this.
  10. LA Dre

5 boards and 6 points in 11 minutes, but for the first five minutes in the game his box score read 5:00 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0. He was out there taking up space and looking like a Herman Munster clone. Which is way I posed my question what did we sign him for and why?

roscoe36 likes this.
  11. LA Dre

yep...ala the Josh Smith termination...

roscoe36 likes this.
  12. roscoe36

That is a MASSIVE pill to swallow. We'll be paying him for years and hurting our ability to sign other people.

Maybe that's a good idea, but it's not the easy and clean way. We got lucky that Smith found some other teams to play on, and they paid part of his salary.

RJ might be done in the NBA if his knee isn't right and his play continues to suck.

LA Dre likes this.
  13. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Stanley Johnson was the standout player in this game. How would he look in the starting lineup? Starters have the bloodflow advantage.

roscoe36 likes this.
  14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Actually, Josh Smith comes off our book this year.

We are paying Smith about $14 million this year, which is about the combined salaries of Morris, KCP, Stanley, and Bullock.

roscoe36 likes this.
  15. pass99

KCP and RJ with a total of 8 points!
    Should have been a easy victory when you hold George to only 21 points.
    This current Piston squad has tuned out the coach and President of Basketball Operations.
    Only way to right the ship is through a massive over haul this summer. Perhaps 50 cents on the dollar.
    Keep Harris, Ish and SJ.

roscoe36 likes this.
  16. pass99

Sit Pope down and bring up Ellenson and Gbinije.

roscoe36 likes this.
  17. max

max All-Star

Not being able to beat the Pacers anymore is very frustrating. Can't let teams you are chasing sweep.

tirtep and roscoe36 like this.
  18. pass99

There is no need in following the Smith route and the Stretch clause is not viable.
    Just trade them away.

roscoe36 likes this.
  19. pass99

Because anything associated with the Spurs organization is automatically provided sainthood status.
    It sure beats developing your own players.

roscoe36 likes this.
  20. roscoe36

I need to see more tape of Boban in San Antone. How did they have him play in the screen and roll game? Where did they put him on defense?

Comparative advantage.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017