Away Indiana Pacers Wednesday Jan 30 2013

Discussion in 'January 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

at Indiana Pacers

Wednesday Jan 30 2013 - 7:00 PM EST

Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis, IN

TV: FS Detroit

RADIO: 97.1FM

GO PISTONS!

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Pound for Pound looks like he's going to kill someone!

4. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I think that picture is from the game where Kramer got into fight with Cheryl Miller's little brother.

5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think he needs to use the restroom.

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  6. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

...Sneaky leaker.

7. linwood

linwood All-Star

There it is!

8. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Drummond to boss Hibbert.

9. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Tiny Tot started Stuckey didn't he?

10. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

interesting hairpiece........

11. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

If I could change my forum handle, that's what I would go with.

12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This game turned with about 5 minutes left in the half when Stuckey came in for English and the Pacers close the period on an 18-2 run to close the half with a 54-36 lead. Stuckey was a -20, despite leading the Pistons in scoring at the half.

The Pistons tried to make a comeback in the third quarter trimming the 18 point lead down to 1o, but ran out of gas which meant after being down at the end of three by 14, that 0--22 record was going to probably 0-23 when trailing after three.

No Tay, so what...we were not going to respond as once again we were out hustled, outscored, out rebounded and out paced by the Pacers.

Hard to win many games when you get a combined 8 points from your combo PF of Max, Villanueava and JJ. And JJ didn't get his three points until the last minute of the game on free throws. There was a Slava Slam as Kratsolv got in the game in the last 3 minutes and got one.

Play of the game?? It was from the crowd where a fan wearing a Piston Prince Jersey was hovering above the tunnel as the Piston players came out and there was no Tay sighting. He hunched his shoulders, took a phone call and then took off his Prince Jersey ....Had a Kentucky shirt underneath, so must have been a long time Prince fan...

13. copper

copper Bench Warmer

14. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Why of course. Stuck then proceeded to take 16 shots (6 from 3 for a career 28% shooter, holy hell), miss 10, and pound the living hell out of the ball. I was bored to tears and turned it off once Indy's lead (which at the the time was only 2) ballooned to 16 as soon as the Collider came back in and decided he was the man. While I wanted Tay and Daye gone, the trade off being seeing Collider starting again almost makes it not worth it. Almost. Hopefully Calderon can come in and mentor Brandon, because lord knows Stuckey and Bynum are not examples you want for a 21 year old.

The Low, BallDon'tLie and LA Dre like this.
  15. BillLaimbeer

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Indiana's D really stopped us in our tracks. Only a few players had more points than FGA's and it was marginal.

KS: 5 points on 6 shots
    JM: 2 on 5
    GM: 18 on 17
    RS: 14 on 16
    BK: 7 on 12
    JJ: 3 on 4
    AD: 4 on 3
    WB: 13 on 12
    KE: 6 on 6
    CV: 3 on 5
    VK: 4 on 2

Extreme inefficiency across the board.

A -12 run in the last 5 minutes of the first half when Drummond came out on foul trouble really put us in a hole. The coaching error of the game was putting CV in at center to guard Hibbert with Drummond in foul trouble and Monroe in the locker room with a kicked head. Frank must really have a distrust for Slava. This was the exact situation that he has spent his whole life training for.

In GT, Slava's straight line speed was pretty impressive. I wouldn't say that he runs like a deer, but maybe some Russian mega fauna.

Whatev, we are about to go from having the PG with the worst ast/tov ratio in the league to a guy who is within a rounding error of having the best. We got rid of the pump faker and the push up king... and Tay's contract.

17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Cap move. Nothing more. Us Pistons fans will get a load about how it might help. Reality: Now we have 4 point guards where 3 were already too much. Yes, we won't miss Tay stalling the ball on the offense so often, but we gave up a promising young player in Daye for the 31 year old Calderon, who by the way, does not do defense. I'd take Stuckey every time over Calderon. Again, nothing but a cap move, losing Tay's remaining 3 years of contract.

So how did we do tonight. The bad. Rather than give Middleton a chance to play, coach went backwards a few years and put JJ at small forward. Now, I am all for JJ getting a try, but first things first. We pretty much all know what JJ can and can't do as a small forward. But we have not seen what Middleton can do, that takes priority.

In contrast, the good, but probably just for this one game. English played the backup shooting guard spot, and in the first half at least, the unit of Bynum, English, Singler, CV, and Drummond did just fine. In fact, they had closed a good size gap to 2 points before coach began to pull the unit off the floor, in a very haphazard manner by the way. It was a disaster. Bynum and Stuckey paired in the backcourt, and we never recovered after that in the 1st half.

In the 2nd half, the starters redeemed themselves a bit, closing to within 9 at one point after trailing by 18. Our 2nd unit, same as in the first half, Bynum, English, Singler, CV, Drummond, did ok for a while but ended up sliding toward the end of their shift. English was the last guy put out there and the first one taken back off the floor - this despite the fact that the alternative, playing Stuckey as a second point guard, simply does not work.

Drummond hauled down 14 bounds, had plenty of blocks and steals. His drawback - only 2 of 10 from the line and it looked like he reverted quite a bit all the sudden with his concentration at the line. Could be tired legs from being on a 2nd of a back to back.

Typical CV line. A 3 made. And nothing more contributed. Hardly enough to be the last guy to be taken out from our 2nd unit.

Bynum was minus 13, pretty much normal for him. Most of that negative though was simply coach being coach, using terrible rotations. Again, Bynum and Stuckey together does not work, although the coach surely won't ever notice. Worse, I fear Stuckey is going to get demoted to the 2nd unit again, to play along side Bynum. With Knight and Calderon starting.

Now, if we start Knight, Calderon, Singler, Drummond, Monroe, we just might have a real rockin starting unit. Between Knight, Calderon, and Singler, it would be enough outside fire power to allow the pairing of Drummond and Monroe. And as mentioned in one article I read on the trade, or maybe it was a comment here? : Calderon might not have to play too much D if Drummond can clean up behind him. Of course, whoever thought of this is assuming that we will take Calderon and actually use him as our primary point guard.

And we would then have avalilable: Stuckey, English, Middleton, JMAX, Kravtsov. Would not be a bad team at all. If only we had a coach who had a clue.

18. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Things are defenitely brighter, and having calderon should lessen the burden on Moose to be the fascilitator because he is a turnover machine...I dont even wanna look at his assist to turnover ratio but he had 0 asst and 4 turns tonight. I am anxious to see the lineups on friday. I pray that Dumars is still working a trade for stuck

19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

20. BillLaimbeer

Detroit Pistons Are Huge Winners in Jose Calderon Deal | Bleacher Report