Home Indiana Pacers Saturday Feb 23 2013

Discussion in 'February 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Trade season is over. The time to do that has well passed.

Lets be real here too. There are very few teams in the league which want or need a poor shooting, ball hog combo gaurd who plays average defense. There are even less teams who are willing to overpay to get a guy who shoots 35% from the field. I can only think of one.

So if we do trade him, we are going to sell him at 50 cents on the dollars, and probably have to take back nasty contracts or useless players, or of course a combination of both. Is stuckey worth giving up a pick to move? I personally dont think he would be great in a locker room.

I really do think that Stuckey is the untouchable. But not because we want him long term.

linwood and LA Dre like this.
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Maggette is WAY worse than Stuckey.

Mogilny likes this.
  3. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I can see Stuckey being traded to a team as part of us taking back salary.... we take back a 15 million dollar player with our cap room and they take Stuckey and then drop him and pay his 4 million in money owed. We shall see though

4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think Stuckey's play would improve if he had the security of a long term deal. Don't forget he's had to play for 4 different coaches.

The Panda, coynejeremy and TaS like this.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Also, it's tough for him to shine with the logjam at the combo guard spot. Notice how well he played with knight out and bynum suspended. Joe needs move some pieces and show some confidence in him.

coynejeremy likes this.
  6. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Not only led us in scoring but had the highest point diff of the team last night... -18. I'm so over my bandwagon days.... Sad I'd rather have CV back next year over Stuckey.

On the positive, nice to see JJ and the two rookie guards get some burn and look ok.

7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I respectfully disagree with this one. It is hard to be "worse" let alone "WAY worse" than Stuckey. I rarely see how Stuckey helps the team win when he is on the floor.

8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Win Shares per x minutes.

Stuckey .059
    Maggette .026

Stuckey is more than twice as good. Maggette is dead last on the team by a country mile.

Maggette's ORAT is 97 and his DRAT is 110.

In 18 games with significant minutes, Maggette never made more than 3 FG's. He got more than 2 rebounds once... when he got 3. He had 0 or 1 assist in 13 out of the 18 games.

He has 42 personal fouls compared to 27 FGs on the season!!! Despite playing 1/6th the amount of Tay, his fouls were basically the same.

Maggette's PF to FG ratio is almost as bad as Festus Ezeli's. His FG% is the 27th worst in the league with all players over 257 minutes played, just behind Rodigue Beaubois.

Maggette has the 15th worst 3-point percentage in the NBA for all players who have attempted at least 21 (the amount of 3's he's attempted). He's right behind Maurice Harkless.

9. BillLaimbeer

Maggette averaged 14 minutes per game for 18 games. He was never given a fair chance with the Pistons....not that I think he should have. To compare using a couple of games stats, though, is very misleading.

If you look at career win shares per 48 minutes:

Maggette: .128
    Stuckey: .084

This year, Stuckey has averaged nearly 30 minutes per game for 53 games and his Win Share is TERRIBLE. He does not pass the eye ball test either, if you are watching the games. HE MUST GO before the Pistons can take the next step. It's plain to see.

10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That's why I used WS per minute, to negate the wildly unfair playing time allocation that the coach doled out. He has appeared in 7 more games than Calderon for us this season, so it's not completely insignificant.

I'm not saying that Maggette was worse over his entire career, just that he is worse right now. I believe the market will speak on this as he heads into free agency.

Despite his limited minutes, he had no problem getting on the stat sheet in the foul column (7.9 personal fouls per 48 minutes). I didn't even point out his PER of 8.0.

I'm not sure how much worse a player can possibly play and still get 18 games worth of playing time before going to bench jail. The list of guys with sub 8.0 PERs is pretty ugly (McGuire, Ezeli, Ishmael Smith, Maynor, Will Barton, Charlie Jenkins, Cole, Claver, K marshall, etc).

eFG is last on the team, which is really quite an accomplishment with this crew.

Corey Maggette is so bad that we were able to trade Ben Gordon (fully loaded) for his expiring contract. If he would have been a bag of popcorn, Charlotte would have been justified in keeping him.

Granted he's got talent.

11. BillLaimbeer

Perhaps Maggette's career is over.

To say that any player is WAY worse than Stuckey, though, is probably wrong.

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'll compromise with you and admit that it's probably more fair to say:

Stuckey is marginally more impactful than Maggette. It is likely that neither player will get an invitation to be on the next Team USA unless it is announced that there will be no refs and the basket size will be increased to be approximately the size of the side of a barn.