1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Away Indiana Pacers Monday Dec 26 2011

Discussion in 'December 2011' started by roscoe36, Dec 18, 2011.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Dec 25, 2011.
  1. Detroit

53.8%
  2. Indiana

46.2%
  1. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That's a pretty safe lineup choice from Frank. For the most part, they are all familiar with each other, so with a limited pre-season, it could be the most cohesive.

My guess is that the vets get the PT until the losing starts and then the coach feels like he has the mandate to "shake things up" with the younger guys. Pretty boring.

3. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

I'm pretty sure the only reason JJ is even starting tonight is because CV is still suspended. :noidea: With the way the offense runs with 2 out of 3 of the team's resident ball hogs on the floor together those losses won't be long in coming. Side note: Kyrie Irving will be starting for the Cavs tonight.

4. max

max All-Star

Yes its very boring and I would be surprised if we led after the 1st quarter.

5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I like that this is our first game. Indy is supposed to be improved with the acquisition of David West and George Hill, this is a good measuring stick for us. And i really want to see JJ Vs Hansborough.....I'm STOKED!!!! And ready to be frustrated beyond belief and then ready to be very depressed by what I see tonight and then ready to be :burp: **WARNING** Drunken post game recap likely to follow.

6. Brap

Brap Starter

League Pass - free preview is through January 8. Anyone know how this works? Do you just turn on the cable/satellite channel or log onto the internet site?

7. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yah, in the past the channels just aren't blocked out anymore! I'm looking forward to it now.

So how does the new chat work? I've yet to use it!

8. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Where is the game-day chat? I am lost.

9. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

It is going to be a long season if we can't even keep the Pacers from running all over us.

10. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

And so it begins.

11. linwood

linwood All-Star

Ouch. These next 65 games are going to feel like 120.

12. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

well, that's that. Not much to say really. This team looked exactly like they did last year.

13. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

OUCH! Let me just say this, I did not like Brandon Knight at Kentucky, I did not like us taking him with the 8th pick (I wanted Morris from Kansas) and he looked AWFUL in his rookie debut, albeit he did hit a couple of wide open 3's.

Ben Gordon...........I won't even bother.
    Rodney Stuckey................See Ben Gordon's recap.
    Tayshaun........................See Rodney Stuckey's recap.
    Greg Monroe................... Foul trouble, so I couldn't tell if he'd regressed back to what he looked like early in his rookie season. looked decent at times but nothing special at all.
    Jonas.....................I'll bet anyone-anything that they (the Pistons org) make him the face of the franchise.

The Bench:
    Max should not play-period.
    Ben has a little something left in the tank, but you can't pair him up with Max, which if Doogie is paying attention should never be a problem because: MAX SHOULD NEVER PLAY!
    Bynum: A decent bench guy, no more-no less. Put him in for a spark.
    Austin Daye: Based on tonight, we need to trade this guy ASAP! That's the only value he will ever have to the Pistons.

A ton of TO's coupled with an inability to rebound (not to mention the inability to actually put the ball in the hoop) will basically equate to being ran out of the gym, and we were!

If I'm Joe I offer NJ: Brandon Knight, Austin Daye and CV and/or Ben Gordon for Deron Williams.

14. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Not very positive after the first game............by next game, I'll offer my victories prediction for the team.

15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Ben Gordon needs to be charged with a felony for stealing $11.6 Million from the Pistons.

16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

At the bottom of the site. I hope you made it lady.

17. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

COME ON PEOPLE.. I know it's REALLY PAINFUL being a hard die pistons fan like I am and watch our team getting worse every single day.

But we can't say "Brandon Knight has no future" after his first game in the NBA.

Come on, he will have bad games, he IS NOT John Stockton, he is not Isiah Thomas, but I'm pretty sure he will get better every night, I have some faith in Dumars, Gores, Knight, Frank, Monroe and Jerebko.

Do you really think we are going to make the playoffs this year?? Stop complaining so much!

18. copper

copper Bench Warmer

What tonights game did was reassure me that my previous thoughts of this team were valid. We need to cut ties with Tay, he is awful and just isnt playing with anything resembling effort, the only thing he is doing( and doing well) is taking pt away from jj and dayes developement. Lets face it, we are not a title contender so lets actually throw the baby out with the bath water. Get Knight, Stuck, Daye JJ and Monroe starting and see where they get by the end of this short year and make drafting a big body the only possible move this year. If we can? package cv and Tay for a big....or Max, Tay and cv...

19. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Actually.........I think the Pacers will make the playoffs.........6 or 7 seed.........

The Pistons..........nah.........

linwood likes this.
  20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Read my post. At Kentucky the kid just DID NOT IMPRESS ME! When we took him with the 8th pick I moaned and groaned like a little kid with a tummy ache. Nothing that happened tonight has done anything to change my mind. I'm not saying that he doesn't have a future in this league or on this team, but the kid does not -nor has he ever- impressed me. Sorry, just not a fan of his game. And I'm not basing that solely based on tonight's game, I'm basing it on all the games I watched him play at Kentucky. That being said, I might be wrong and I hope I am, Lord knows Greg Monroe surely got the last laugh on me last year.

roscoe36 likes this.