Away Indiana Pacers Friday Feb 22 2013

Discussion in 'February 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

at Indiana Pacers

Friday Feb 22 2013 - 7:00 PM EST

Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis, IN

TV: FS Detroit

RADIO: 97.1FM

GO PISTONS!
  2. roscoe36

round likes this.
  3. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

5. roscoe36

Indy has been playing well lately.
  6. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I see what you did there.
  7. MARK MADSEN!

MARK MADSEN! First Round Draft Pick

Well at least now we can tank on accident...

My name is Mark Madsen and I need a job.
    BallDon'tLie likes this.
  8. Woody

Woody All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

ever tried selling cars?
  9. MARK MADSEN!

MARK MADSEN! First Round Draft Pick

Its me and every fourth guy in Vegas trying that, unfortunately.
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons down big by 24 at the half..60-36..if you haven't tune in yet, find another game to watch or watch Nikita, Undercover Boss or Shark Tank....
  11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Any Piston fan that actually watched this from start to finish deserves a game check. No, seriously....they should take the amount of money earned by the coaches & players and divide it up among the fans who actually endured the whole 48 minutes of game time, all 6 of them.
  12. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The Pistons haven't played well since the All Star break. They should have lost to Charlotte. Lil' Lawrence Frank doesn't do well after long breaks. I'm sure there's probably a stretch of just below .500 ball right around the corner.

The tankers might be out soon.

If you're a big man who can't shoot the Pistons will pass you the ball 75% of the time.

At least the Pistons have a legitimate garbage time line-up now. You couldn't tell the difference between them and the starters the last few years.
  13. linwood

linwood All-Star

I didn't watch this game, but that won't stop me from having an opinion.

Looking at the box score, it's easy to see what went wrong. Gee, three starters led the Pistons in futility tonight. Greg Monroe was -32, Rodney Stuckey was -34, and the worst of the worst, Jose Calderon was -35! Combined, these guys gave up 101 points. This is completely unacceptable. Are there any players on the Pistons' roster that were positive for the night? Why yes, right there at the end of the bench, being ignored by Losing Agenda Frank. Will Bynum, Kim English, Khris Middleton, Jonas Jerebko and The Russian Guy were a combined +1. Not bad. Not bad at all. If the Pistons were serious about winning (which they obviously aren't) They would start those five.

On another note, the Pacers look to be legit, and I think a lot of analysts may be sleeping on this team. They seem solid at all positions and play great defense.
  14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The jerk didn't even play Drummond!

I'm starting to think of Indy as a legitimate contender also. George would have to play out of his mind for them to score enough probably. Isn't Granger coming back?
    linwood and roscoe36 like this.
  15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Frank can't coach. Or most likely, simply won't coach. Knight injured? No problem, go back to starting Stuckey at shooting guard, a position Stuckey has proven beyond any doubt he can't play. Pretty much all the 40 point deficit inherited by our bench at the end of the game resulted in pairing Calderon and Stuckey, with Calderon trying to play point with a pretend shooting guard along side him.

Silly coach did put in English, and later Middleton, in with Calderon. But he sat Singler, an actual shooter, and left Stuckey out there at shooting guard, while English then Middleton played small forward. Only in garbage time did we finally see two shooters at the wings, English and Middleton, and they both finally came in exactly as Calderon was pulled. So, not for a second was Calderon provided with a shooting guard. Further, coach was hesitant to replace JMAX with CV to get another shooter in. Basically, if you set out to lose for sure, you could not beat the effort of Frank toward that end.

First time we got to see Kravtsov and Monroe at the same time. Way too late. Nice to see Kravtsov get the double double. Too bad he can't make free throws, he only made 2 of 10.

Announcer said we will see a different team tomorrow night. No we won't. Coach won't change a thing, and we will have the same result. Coach is not into winning.

In sum. Calderon was useless, as he had no shooting guard in with him. Stuckey is useless, since he is playing shooting guard, which he can't play. Bynum is useless, since he is the 4th point guard on a team with three better ones. Monroe was useless as he had JMAX playing along side him for one so we had no interior D, and two, because no shooters played when he played to spread the floor any. JMAX is just useless in this game. Basically, the coach makes all the players that play for us, useless. Totally bad coaching. And fire the GM along with the coach for hiring the guy.

Now, how I really feel. Dumars made no trade. Fire him. Useless. Nothing but cap moves for nine straight years. Everyone setting us back further as a team. Yes, conceivably Calderon is a good find. But not if Dumars keeps a coach who refuses to play a shooting guard along side Calderon, so that Calderon is worthless to us.

JJ is back in the rotation. He connected on a three in garbage time. He does give us a little better front line. But then again, if Dumars did not have too short guys like Maxiell on the team, and guys that play no D like CV on the team, we would not need the rest of the team to collapse in all game long to leave opposing shooters completely wide open all game long. In this game, we simply defended nothing.

JJ played lots of power forward in garbage time, to our detriment. In no way is he a power forward.

Middleton did not make many shots. But he scored double digits, mostly at the line. And he made his only 3 taken. Way too early to judge what he can do. Got to see him get a bit comfortable out there. Which will only happen if the coach actually plays him. Its a travesty that he has not played hardly at all this season to this point, as badly as we need a shooting guard. English looked like he was getting comfortable just a bit at the end of the game. Still needs a lot more floor time though before we can even begin to see what he can contribute.

Yes, I watched the whole game. Re-watched a lot of it too. I still enjoy watching Pistons basketball. Last time I did not watch games was the year before Carlisle got here - and then I still watched the wins, (and only the offensive sequences for us - so I only spent like a matter of hours the whole season watching the the Pistons.) I am not there yet, wanting to quit watching the losses. But it won't be too long, if Dumars keeps showing no signs of ever wanting to win games, before I just watch the wins. And soon after that, just quit watching. Did Gores sign up for this, being part of a losing situation, that shows no sign of improving? I hope not. If he did, sell the team to someone who cares. If he likes winning, fire Dumars, and Frank, and get someone in here who is into winning.
  16. LA Dre

At this point after beating their last three opponents by a combined 90 points, Pistons, Knicks and Bobcats, I would put them in EC championship vs the Heat ahead of the Knicks, Bulls, Celtics or Hawks....That is probably as far as they go unless Granger comes back and doesn't upset the chemistry and actually makes them better.
    linwood likes this.
  17. LA Dre

One feather the Pistons do hold in their cap....they are the only team to beat the Spurs since Jan 13....since then the Spurs have won 16 of 17 games with only the Pistons getting a W against them 2/8. It maybe our signature win of the season if the Spurs win another 10 in a row...
    roscoe36 likes this.
  18. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Didn't watch the game, as I was hauling high school kids to the mall tonight. Pretty brutal performance; the Pistons were bad, too. I'm really glad I didn't watch this - I don't think there's anything I feel like I missed.

Without Knight and Drummond, the team sucks a whole lot more than it does with Knight and Drummond. I know Knight takes a beating on these forums, but they don't typically lose by 30 when he plays, either. It's pretty telling that Calderon ends up with 5 points and 3 assists. And the starters combined for 27 points? You're not going to win anything doing that.
    linwood, alexa032 and roscoe36 like this.
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That was the longest legit garbage time session I've ever witnessed. At least 40 minutes of pure GT with no hope whatsoever for us.

Good job by Frank to play the bench and avoid injuries for the core players. It was demoralizing out there. IND is good.
  20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Indy is the model. There is no LeBron James, Kevin Durant or Derrick Rose on the horizon, so you just have to be really solid 1-9 and the Pacers are. George is having an All-Star season in terms of statistics but he's not a guy who you can give the ball to in the 4th quarter of game 6; Indy needs to call Orlando and offer Granger for Arron Aflalo.