Indiana Pacers Dec. 12th, 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'December 2008' started by Dlev59, Dec 8, 2008.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Even if it is not a folklore either way the lineup does not do him any good. Tay is not an interior defender. His skinny *** will get killed in the paint. He is a very good perimeter defender.

This lineup needs someone downlow with Sheed to help defensively. He cannot take the burden on himself. The lineup will abuse Sheed because: Stuckey and AI are good at getting steals but take so many gambles and allow their opponents to beat them off the dribble, Rip is fine but at the 3 he will get taken advantage of, at the 4 Tay is forced to play inside defense and even if he stays on the perimeter Tay is great at stopping jumpshooters not slashers.

Basically this lineup is good at taking gambles and shutting down the perimeter, but it will get killed inside/dribble penetration. This will not work in the long run.

Amir is the way to go. He is energetic. He is skinny but his length/hops allows him to get boards, blocks, O-boards, and a running game to help both AI and Sheed.

J Max should come in to provide a more offensive explosion compared to Amir. Dice may not put up as much explosion as we want, but come playoff time he is determined and in the past 2 years has carried this team at points. I agree with Lee that Amir should start, but I have also heard him say that Dice is a weakness. That is stupid. He may be slow footed now, but his will and determination overcome that.

Stop with the stupid Small Ball. Rip should be the 6th man even though he is a top 5 player on the team. AI, Stuckey, and Tay should start at the perimeter. Rip can sub in at PG,SG, and SF depending on who is struggling. Neither AI or Stuckey can play 3 positions and putting Tay does not accomplish much since we already have a lot of guards and not enough small forwards.
  2. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Idk after 2006, getting off to fast starts and gawdy records dont geek me up anymore. I need to see a Finals appearance or better yet a ring. Going 65-17 doesnt mean %%%% unless you win it all just ask some of the vets on this team and the Mavs. BTW, I know we only won 64 that year but you get my point.
  3. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Forget records the team that we saw in INDY doesn't even look like they can beat MIN in a 7 game series.
  4. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

thats what i'm sayin'.............
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Looking at Gods YouTube you see the Pistons makeing a lot of shots. However the score is always close. Which means the Pace was shooting just as good.
  6. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

BTW they were in Detroit. Though you should know, lmao.