Indiana Pacers Dec. 12th, 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'December 2008' started by Dlev59, Dec 8, 2008.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I would just like to say win/lose, that early 4th line-up is probably one of the worst defensive line-ups i have ever seen in the history of basketball.

AI/Stuck/Bynum/Dice/Max. MC is taking small ball to a whole new level. I don't know how anyone thinks that that is a line-up to play at any point in a professional basketball game.

Also, AI doesn't need to play the whole game. And we are getting out rebounded again. Surprise, Surprise. Small ball is not going to work and the sooner anyone who has the power to do something notices the better. Prince and Sheed both look out of sorts at in their "new" positions.
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Whatever the formula, Pistons got what they needed....a win.
  3. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Out of sorts is an understatement. Curry is struggling with his rotations.
  4. max

max All-Star

I though they looked good out there today. Kind of felt like Stucky was just passed the baton for the PG spot.

You can say defense but the Pacers were hitting a lot of jumpers out there and the Pistons did clamp down in the 4th. 27 assists for the Pacers and 30 for the Pistons. AI had 12 of those and Stucky with 8. Nice clutch shooting by Rip.

Nice to see Maxiel and Dyess out there.
  5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Does Tay usually get lit up by Granger?

I checked the first game where he had 33, but i don't remember last year at all. Ironically, in the 1st game against the Pacers we shot a low % than them, and out-rebounded them by 10+. Those are the wins i'd like to see again. That's a sign of a good team.

This win was much needed for their mental health it looked like though.
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Happy to get the win.

Nice to see the Pistons gut it out in the last minute, they are learning how to win in the clutch without Billups, which is probably a bigger deal than it sounds.

BTW, very unselfish for AI to go with being pulled for spellcheck on defense at the end.
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Second straight game Curry sits the hot guy for the 4th quarter. Tuesday it was Sheed and tonight it was Stuckey who was 7-8 including 4 of 5 from beyond the arc...

Our defense is ...well horrid..if not for the Pistons 56% shooting, we would lost this one by 20..:doh: The 30 assists (12 by AI, 8 by Stuckey) fed the ezy buckets. 35 points from the bench with Dice hitting 7of 10 and making up for the poor shooting of Tay and Sheed who hit only two buckets, but they were huge going down the stretch.

I hope you all are voting for Granger for the starting forward in the All-star game. Dude had 18 pts in the 4th qtr for his 42 total.
  8. max

max All-Star

Rip was guarding Granger for the most part. Granger was hitting some tough shots. Geez- Why all the gloom, did the Nuggets lose or something?
  9. copper

copper Bench Warmer

My thoughts exactly...nice to se the team dig down and grit one out. I also liked AIs reaction when MC pulled him for AA for defensive purposes...AI was energetic and cheering/encouraging AA the whole time....nice to see from a guy that never wants to come out of a game.
  10. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

The Nuggets don't lose. :p Seriously though, our defense has traumatized me. I'm happy we won, but i imagine us against teams that don't suck and . . . I don't even want to think about it. Hopefully, this is a step in the right direction (and Amir's direction).
  11. max

max All-Star

Yes that was nice. Pistons were down by 2 and managed to win by 2 (without the .7 sec foul ).

Stucky sat but we needed 2 PF's out there at that time and who do you sit? Kind of nice problem to have really.
  12. LA Dre

And remember we gave away 2 points on technical fouls...
  13. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I really hope MC tones down his small ball lineup and we get to see amir. We should be able to get amir, max and dyess some burn off the bench. Sheed only needs 25-28 minutes a night unless hes hot. We know what he can do, we dont need him early in the season, we need him rested and injury free come spring
  14. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Forgive me for asking such a stupid question, but I have a new job where I am on the road with no internet most days of the week now.

Who is spellcheck?
  15. LA Dre

AAlfllooloolo
  16. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Thanks Dre!
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

That was probably the closest he got to his man all night.:biggrin1:

C'mon, that was horrid. A lot of outside shots? The Pacers hit 7 straight shots from directly in front of the rim at one point. I couldn't tell if they let Granger score with 10 seconds left or if that was their actual defense he sliced through.

What does DET do well? It can't be defense. How can DET play 9 guards at once yet every team they play A.) gets into the paint with ease and B.) gets easier shots? It doesn't make sense.

Is DET better than last years Wizzards team?

How many games in a row can Curry have the broadcasts Player of the Game sitting on the bench in the 4th?

This will go over like a sack of turds, but should they think about starting Sheed, Dyess, Tay, AI and The Griever?

What is the point of having AI, Stuckey and The Griever out there together if you're going to have Tay bring the ball up?

It bums me out to see how easily Granger could muscle and pressure Tay handling the ball when he wanted.

You haven't done a good job defensively if you've held Mike Jordan or LeBron James to 40, 7 and 6.

Tough road game tomorrow night in Charlotte. If they can gut one out there they might snag 18th in the various power rankings. Hopefully Matt Carroll's folks can make the gam to catch his career night.
  18. Ernie the Slow Adult

It is especially impressive considering he's playing out of position. You got to wonder how long a 6'8 guy can last playing SF in this league?
  19. Ernie the Slow Adult

You're being a negative Nelly! Caron Butler may have scored 30 some points the other night, but he needed 6 or 7 shots to do so. Granger had 42, so what? That's not even half their total points. Anyways, aside from those 2 I can't even think of any other good SF's in the East.
  20. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

Scary when you shoot 57% (42% 3-point) and have 90% from the line...
    And only WIN BY 2 POINTS. Don't we play defense anymore?