Indiana Feb. 13th, 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'February 2008' started by Dlev59, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Indiana Feb. 13th, 7:30 OM

TV - FSDHD, NBALP

The final contest before the All Star break is against the lowly Pacers at the Palace. A win would extend the current win streak to ten. Two more wins are needed to better the win streak of late December early January!
  2. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

AJ has played in 2 of our 3 games against the Pacers and put up some big rebounding numbers.

Totals for two games
    ---------------------
    Minutes 26
    Points 10
    FGA 10
    FGM 5
    Rebounds 15

:hoops:
  3. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Hopefully, he plays 26 minutes in this game and gets 10 and 15.
  4. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Both teams on a back2back and travel. Wonder who will survive?
  5. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Chat's open!
  6. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

HOW SWEET IT IS! 10 IN A ROW AND Q IN CHAT!
  7. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Pacers didn't put up too much of a fight tonight after the first quarter. CB dominated the first half, as did Amir in big minutes--he played the whole 2nd quarter and had something like 7 points, 6 boards, and 3 blocks by halftime. Rip got hot in the 3rd quarter while the Pacers went ice cold, as the lead blew up to more than 20. The Zoo Crew had their (patented?) near-collapse in garbage time as the Pacers almost cut the lead down to 10 in the last few minutes, but they held on for a 16 point win. Nice distribution of minutes in the last game before the All-Star break...it looks like the only one who played more than 30 minutes was Amir!
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

For those of you obsessed with bench pt...124 minutes for the bench compared to only 116 for the starters.
  9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I only caught the 2nd half. The third quarter was fantastic.

I have it DVR'ed and i can't wait to see Amir's 1st half. Kid almost got a triple double :)

Also, does anyone notice how Sheed is always making fun of Primo everytime he's in the game. Must be the whole diving thing. LOL
  10. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Good game. Dice got only 17 minutes as the refs just would not let him catch a break. That was probably a blessing in disguise, since it got Amir in early. Chauncey played the most of all starters with 30 minutes. Amir played the most minutes with 31, playing in all 4 quarters.

Rip with only 19 minutes, Tay 29, Sheed 21. The numbers are way skewed, but in a good way. Good game for our frontcourt. They did a nice job against Indy's midget frontcourt.

Chauncey - took over the role of stabilizer for the bench in the second quarter. Hit some 3's, playing fairly well. One can never undervalue CB's contributions. He's a great calming influence, both with the young guys and the starters.

Rip - He's ready for the 3-point shootout. He's hit more 3's these last 2-3 games than I've ever seen.

Tay - had a pretty good game, though he didn't play much. He's gonna be able to relax on his vacay.

Sheed - hit a couple 3's, had some nice passes. He owned Indy's frontcourt while he was in.

Stuck - he was cold early, but got hot at the right time.

Afflalo - Not the best game for him offensively, forcing a bit, but the D's always gonna be there.

Max - Played pretty well. More energy than he's had in the last few games, his best game in a while. Got a double double.

Amir - Earned Player of the Game honors, getting 8 pts, 9 boards, 7 blocks. Insane. Lee has to be happy.

If anyone's gonna go at the deadline, it'll probably be one of Flip Jr. and Brezec. I think they wanna keep Herrmann, at least for the rest of the season/playoffs.
  11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I can't believe a starter played 30 minutes in this blowout win. Thats crazy. Oops. Check that. Amir came off the bench and played 30 minutes. Anyone want to guess what kind of grade I am giving Flip tonight for getting ready for the playoffs? Yep, A+, but only because there is no higher grade to give.

Amir responded with 7 blocks, 9 rebounds, and 7 points for getting some minutes. Not bad. But don't think for a moment you have seen how good Amir is. Let him get comfortable out there.

Maxiell had a double double with 11 and 11, plus 3 blocks. Stuckey got 12, about half going inside and half on outside shots. Afflalo got plenty of minutes but did little besides play good D. He did hit one outside shot of several taken.

Hayes hit an outside shot and got some scores on cuts to the basket.
    Dyess did not play much. He hit his first shot in the 2nd half. He did try to go inside quite a bit, just no success. Rip played little, as he was in foul trouble in the 1st half and the bench came in real early in the 2nd half. Rip did manage to hit his first four shots on his way to a good scoring game for the short mintues he played.

Billups played extensively with the subs in the 2nd quarter, giving that unit some scoring punch. Tay hit a few shots here in and there. Sheed hit some triples if I recall.

In a huge contrast to any game this season, Flip went to the bench early and extensively in the 1st quarter, and then just the same in the 3rd quarter but even earlier. Most of the starters did return for the end of the 2nd quarter but Amir played that whole quarter.

Yeah, the lead shrunk a bit too much in that 4th quarter, particularly right after Hermann came into the game. So far, Herrmann coming into a game has seldom meant with good success for the Pistons. But Saunders stuck with the bench, even Brezec who was not helping either there real late in the game, and we held on to the win.

Part of the problem too was that Amir took a couple of "why not" jumpers a bit too early in the quarter. We should have probably been concentrating a bit more on winning at that point, but really it never hurts to let one of your players get a bit of in game target practice.
    I think we posted up Amir twice and he missed rather weak looking hook shots. Nerves maybe. He was two of four at the line. Probably nerves again on his first shots as he made both his 2nd's. Amir just needs more time out there.

Yes, Amir did get backed down. But then again, a lot of people can get backed down. I would not worry about it. Amir slowed up the guy long enough that a guard should have been able to come over and help.
    Ten in a row. Something special. Blaha mentioned on the broadcast that 34 teams now have had two 10 game win streaks in the same season. I plan on being at the Oralndo game after the break as we look to make it 11.

GO PISTONS!!!!!
  12. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

I think that he is not in condition for 30 game minutes. He faded pretty bad in the last quarter.

As he gets consistent playing time of hopefully 15 + a game his game conditioning will improve.

:hoops:
  13. max

max All-Star

Alexa/Lee - Thanks for the summaries. I only was able to catch the last 5 mins of the game.
  14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Wow, I totally didn't realize there was a game tonight!

Thanks for watching chat (whoever did that)!
  15. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

That was me saving your bacon, boss. :sssh:
  16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

LOL:pound::pound:and here's my Q-lights for u RuffRider!!

1. Chat was pretty light tonight. Only about 10 people and Dlev chimed in. Buckeyes was able to pull away from watching the last quarter of the BCS game for the umpteenth time just long enough to join us!

2. With D4E in charge, we pretty much got to say what we wanted. Like me almost saying something nice about Flip tonight. Sorry u missed it, RC.

3. Pacers are the worst team from our rivalry days since they had Mel daniels. I think Mel 'Gibson' was out there tonight. If we gave a dam, we wouldve won by 50.

4. ArmyGirl said she sa Barrack a-bama in alabama , we think...

5. 3's were raining like they were from PacMan Jones. Rip was especially pretty 2nite.

6. Amir was A-mazin. he had a personal block party and drew comparisons to a young Jermaine oNeal. Still not ready for consistent minutes in the 4th as he did get winded. I'll take a hard 12-15 minutes any night, though...

7. Devean george just blocked too...'a trade' to the Nets. Still funny prtending to hear george yelling 'Oh hell $%^$# naw!"

8. Another single double for 25cent tonight with a solid-quiet 12 pts. A couple of nice assists as well.

9. Highland park just announced the winner of its primary tonight: Dlev edged out A-bama by the length of Army Girl' s boot!

10. Over all: 10 wins in a row aint bad. Happy all-Star break. Gunight, RC!
  17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Thanks D4! You are truly a hero of the Pistons Nation :)
  18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Based on the defensive effort given by the Pistons in that 4th qtr, I would say that the 22+ mins played by Amir, Alf, and Stuckey may have been a bit much for all three of them. Then again Hayes, Fabio and Primo contributed to the garbage time play too.... :). Give them more mins in Feb and March and they should be ready to give 25-30 mins with no problem into the post season if called on to do so.
  19. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

31 minutes and a near triple double? That kid needs to get buried on the bench the next few games. What is Flip thinking? Don't worry, I'm sure Flip Sr will wake up and glue that kid's butt back on the pine where it belongs. (sarcasm off)

Loved the boxscore. Love the Pistons.

I LOVE BEING A PISTONS FAN!!!

It's so cool because pretty much unless you have/had some sort of personal ties to MI, chances are you hate the Pistons. Being a Pistons fan is like being in an exclusive club or something. Like Mensa. :MusicBigGrin:
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

By my calculations, Amir blocked 15% of Indiana's shots when he was in the game tonight.

And by the way, did he ever actually foul anybody? That was some loose whistling.

But finally, Max and Amir both put up numbers together. The extended play had everything to do with it. Dyess + Sheed = 38 minutes. Amir + JMax = 53 minutes.

Just think about how unfair it would be for a college team to have Amir right now and for the next seasons too! Top 3 pick for sure. So let's realize that we basically have stolen back what we gave away in the Darko pick.

Here is something else that is odd about this game tonight. Indiana's starting 5 combined for 31 points, 2 offensive rebounds, and 0 blocks. Nice work guys. I know, I know, Diener was injured. :pound:

It really is hard to not be in a good mood after that blowout.