Incompetent GM's

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Oct 13, 2006.

1. max

max All-Star

I am talking about Isiah Thomas. Loved him as a player as well but he has been blowing it in NY. So sorry if I offend anyone.

I was thinking about how he has changed the landscape in the league as the result of his poor decisions.

1) Took Marbury off the Suns hands which allowed them to sign Steve Nash.

2) Gave the Bulls a couple of good picks for the underachieving Curry.

3) Bailed the Magic out by trading Francis for expiring contracts. The MAgic were in a world of hurt before that with no real cap space to rebuild with

4) He helped instigate LB leaving Det. Would LB still have left if Isiah was not flashing 60 mil at him? I don't know. It did not help.

I am sure there are others. Not to mention a record high team payroll last year of around 130mil while finishing with the 3rd worst record and not even getting the pick because he traded it.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Chris Mullin. The Warriors are no closer to the playoffs today than they were 10 years ago.

3. Sycamore Sam

Sycamore Sam First Round Draft Pick

Danny Ainge? That Rasheed trade simply handed the title to the Pistons, and it seems Ainge is still trying to find his way.
    Do I need to start up on Isiah?:stirthepot:
    Had some Offense he was calling "The Quick" while with the Pacers.
    Had Jon Bender attempting to guard Antoine Walker in the playoffs. Massacre.
    Drafted Fred Jones with the 14th pick. Jones will disappear in Toronto.Maybe a stretch to totally blame that pick on Isiah, but he has an "eye" for talent.
    Signed Jerome James and Jarred Jeffries to almost identical contracts a year apart, not long after trading for Mike Sweetney then sending him to the Bulls.
    How about Nazr for Malik Rose?
    Yeah, I don't think Ainge has anything on Isiah. Now Ted Stepien? Hmmm...

4. max

max All-Star

Ainge is another winner. But he got Atkins and pick or something out of the deal. His team was not really in contention anyway. Whoever that Hawks GM was who gave away Sheed for garbage was the one to thank.

If it wasn't for that move the Pacers probably would have been the team hoisting the Trophy that year.

5. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Matt Millen.

6. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

joe dumars.

trading darko and arroyo last year cost us the title.

7. Hobbs

Hobbs First Round Draft Pick

The Hawks got Josh Smith for Sheed (they used the pick they got from us on him). Not to mention they also dumped all kinds of crap contracts on Portland when they got Sheed in the first place. They did fine in that series of moves.

Ainge does some dumb things, but he does some smart ones too. He's like 50/50.

Isiah is obviously horrible, Mullin pretty bad, and McHale doesn't do much good in Minny either.