im done wih the pistons

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by doublead, Jan 10, 2008.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I've been thinking about Webber alot, and i've never been opposed to bringing him back. I never thought Flip used him properly, and i think Chauncey played a role in that when he started freaking out about not having the ball in his hands at all time. Also Webber's min were out of control.

I think he would actually be perfect with the 2nd unit (if the 2nd unit actually was the players that should be playing). Amir needs to play next to someone that can defend the bigger players (and Webber while he can't move has a big enough body and good enough hands to play the post) This would solve Flip's paranoia about Max/Amir playing together. Webber is a good enough rebounder as well. This would cut Max's min, but if Dice is used the way he's supposed to be, he should only be playing 20-25 anyway.

Afflalo would benefit greatly from the passes, Stuckey would handle the rock, and get to penetrate which is what he should be doing. Jarvis/Hermann can stick to shooting. It sounds good on paper. I have a strong feeling if he goes to another team, we will see him help if the coach used him properly.

The main problem with this is we still have Flip, and being that he's averse to change, i doubt thing would be different. He would use Webber as another excuse not to play Amir. He mismanages the bench to the point where they are totally ineffective, and AA looks like he's trying to score more to stay on the floor when what he was doing before was perfect.

I guess i'm with the PIP camp b/c like said before we NEED easy baskets when inevitable our jump shots are taken away in the PO.

Every solution i come up with the crux of the problem is the coach, and he's not something you could exactly get around.

Also Webber's defense or lack there of would benefit greatly if he's playing next to a quick athletic shot blocker.

2. max

max All-Star

lpg - I agree. Webber would be a good pickup but you know Flip would immediatly start playing him 20+ mins. You never though. We will see.

TaShawn. Just look at the past 2 ECF collapses or when a good defensive team clamps down. I don't care how we beat the average teams. The main problem to me is when the jump shots stop falling which allows the opponent to be able to collapse in the interior.

3. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

We only have good ball movement every 4 games. The other three we are playing one on five with awkwardly run isos for Tay and Rip or fall away jumpers.

4. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Maybe the plain and simple answer is that the window of opportunity has closed on us. It is possible that shooting jumpshots is the only way we can play. Maybe we really aren't strong enough to last 50 more games playing in the paint, driving to the bucket getting hit and battling for rebounds.

Maybe that time has come and gone for this team and we need to wait until our youngsters mature a little to play that way again.

:nerd2: