If you could change one decision joe dumars made...

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, May 6, 2009.

1. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Legendary???????:nerd2:
  2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I mentioned him FIRST. He was in my only 4 great Euro per NBA game players!:MusicBigGrin:
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

He came to the NBA at the end of his career with health problems. He is arguably one of the top 20 greatest of all time, and probably the greatest Euro player ever.

Also, please don't tell me we are back to stats.

You talkin' bout stats? NBA stats? Not the game. Not the game I love. Not the game I die for. Stats?
  4. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Cmon, double 8 mile..u know me better than that! even drazen didnt bloom until he joined the Nets. these youngens cant OLDSKOOL like me!!:pound:
  5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I wish Joe went with the iPhone over the Blackberry. That's how you attract the young free agents.
  6. max

max All-Star

Sabonis would have dominated the league if he came in earlier. How old was he when he came here 33, 34? Even with that chronic knee problem or whatever it was - he was still pretty good.
  7. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

hahahhahahahahaha PRACTICe. I loved Sabonis...just NOT a GREAT NBA player..thats all (screw the rooskies anyway):pound:
  8. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

just not GREAT!:pound:
  9. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

1. Not trading our 9th-15th bench sitters a few years ago for another vet or two. This would have given us another ring or two. The only thing that matters in basketball life are the playoffs, and our 9th thru the 15th is absolutely useless come playoff time. Get another vet for them.
    2. Drafting Darko.
    3. Firing LB. Although I admit I jumped on the fire bandwagon when he started talking about his dream job. The last few years reminded me of how valuable he really was.
    4, Trading Billups for Iverson. Although I am happy for Billups. He was allowed to go home and to turn the city of Denver upside down. It was cool watching John Elway introduce him as the new #7 in town, and the crowd going crazy. One area where Billups would have been invaluable to the Pistons would be to train Stuckey, and in the future, come off the bench, when Stuckey became better.
    5. Rehiring Curry. That was a total bonehead decision right there.

With that said, I still love Dumars. I'm still glad he is on our side.

Oops. I was suppose to only name one thing.
  10. indiefan23

indiefan23 First Round Draft Pick

You think Arvidas Sabonis, arguably what, top 5 all time center? Top 3? You think he wasn't great? The dude was a rookie at 33 and after a serious knee injury and still was a top team's starting center and guarded prime shaq better then almost anyone. Best passing big of all time. If Sabonis is not great then there are barely any great US players either.
  11. indiefan23

Hmm... LB is the GOAT coach? I think so. The trade makes more long term sense then short term and hey, its almost classy. He said thanks to Chauncy by trading him to the best possible situation. I think its a totally legit reason for pistons fans to jump on Denver's bandwagon without shame at all. I cheered Colorado all the way to a cup when Ray Borque won and didn't regret it for a second. Bruins victory that season: don't dobut it.
  12. indiefan23

Heh, no, now you're wrong. The number of Euro busts is far out weighed by the number of US busts. There's like, only one or two true Euro busts in NBA history. Just because one of them was a Piston you think they all suck? Come on.
  13. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Don't forget the American bust(s) still on the Pistons. I'll start with Kwame, and leave the rest for others.
  14. indiefan23

Heh, I love how people come on a forum, shoot their mouth off. Argue their POV forever until they actually see they were wrong to shoot their mouths off, and then just stop posting. I mean, if you lose a debate its just classy to say "yea, you know I didn't realize that before." You're only going to be more respected for it. Menh, anyway.
  15. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Kind of rude, no?

Anyhow, who decides who wins and who loses a debate? You?
  16. detteam

detteam All-Star

Personally, I love people that jump into a forum and promote their blog.
  17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Well, that was somewhat cleared with me, although the rudeness was not. Indiefan, maybe it's time to mosey on.
  18. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Darko was the worst mistake. Darko was a teenager for one and a project. From what I have heard and read no one in the Pistons Organization actually saw Darko play in a game with there own eyes. All the info they had was that scout or consultant Ranzone's word that Darko could play and his opinion that Darko was the second coming of Dirk. There also were these terrible quality hightlight reels that you couldn't even make out Darko's face and were very blurry. There was no full game footage. As soon as they knew the # 2 pick was ours they knew they were going with Darko. It was not even up for debate.
    The idea that you can draft a guy with a top 8 pick and wait for him to develop 3 or 4 years to me is insane. When you draft a guy in the lottery he should be able to come in from day one and contribute in some kind of way. Project picks should be left for mid teens to late first round picks.
  19. indiefan23

? I dunno... I made a really solid point 'n put effort into it and the guy said this to me:

Its a little frustrating... its not cool to show that? Or is it okay for some people to be rude but not others?
  20. indiefan23

Hmm... I remember seeing some international play with Darko where he looked crazy good. It wasn't a highlight per se but like, an edited quarter? Kind of like the game in an hour thing on NBA tv. He was scoring from all over the court. I remember thinking this guy could be a star. I still don't think I would have taken him over Wade though. Wade at Marquette was obviously going to have a huge career. I was much bigger on him then Melo than. Remember that for sure.