If we resign Monroe and let Stuckey/Charlie V go how much will we have in the off-season?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Mark V, Nov 5, 2013.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Ariza is only 28 years old and I think he's really hitting his stride. but it would take a lot to get him away from Washington.
    Not to sound like a broken record but.....Turner & Ariza, or Turner & Stephenson, or Ariza nd Stephenson would be AWESOME!!! And I think you need about $23M in cap space to get TWO good players and that's why I think it imperative to clear Jonas off the books.....and we have to be able to do all of this while Dre is still on his rookie contract.
  3. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Wow. Great post. I agree.

However, Korvers TS% is the highest in the league and it isn't padded by FT numbers (I'm looking at you KD).

I also agree that Singler should be starting at SF, given that he is our legitimate option at that position.
  4. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

I disagree about Ariza. He has been a below average player for most of his career and he is now an average player, maybe slightly above average in a contract year. These are not good signs.

I now definitely disagree about Turner. What is your obsession with guys who shoot below league average (51%TS)? He scores 19 points a game on 17 shots and 4 FTs whilst using up 24% of your possessions and turns it over 12% of the time. No thanks. We already have two of those guys on the starting line up and nobody should be interested in adding more.

Stephenson is a little different. He is a rough nosed guy who is getting a shot and has always fought for everything he gets. He also has plenty of talent. I like that. He also assists more and shoots better than Turner and assists more than Ariza.
  5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think we'll need to wait a few years for Joe to get around to signing some wing/3 and D guys. He needs to let the trend die down a lot before jumping in the water. He's still trying to find guys that can cover Shaq.
    Walter and roscoe36 like this.